List Mgmt. The Core-Who stays and who goes;re-signings and departures

Remove this Banner Ad

Will we have enough money for all of them ? My worry is that after the Cameron deal smith will not be cheap. But then Treloar and Sheil could almost demand a similar size contact elsewhere. Can they all fit ?
We have an extended cap still and we still have cola. We can afford this and I have no doubt in my mind that there will be various heavily loaded years for certain players at certain times. Also I doubt Tim golds broke our bank :p

We have an extended cap still and we still have cola. We can afford this and I have no doubt in my mind that there will be various heavily loaded years for certain players at certain times. Also I doubt Tim golds broke our bank :p
Agree, we are also below our player number cap too?

Exciting times. I can't wait for this club to be successful and stick it up the haters !!! I remember when freo stopped winning the wooden spoon (like 2 years ago haha) and people couldn't bag them as much anymore. Great feeling

I really hope giants can have a few early wins too. Let's get the crowds through the doors !!!

See you all sat

But it is 46 in 2016 and if we lock away all the guys we want we will need to move on Addison plus 2 of the talent of
Townsend, Wilson, Williams, Buntine all clearly afl standard but as we all know we can't keep them all.
You are right. So, where does Bugg fit into all this? We don't seem to mention him much as a core player. He has been here from the start, but I see his only chance of staying under our best lock away senario is if he continues his current path i.e. develop into an elite tagger

You are right. So, where does Bugg fit into all this? We don't seem to mention him much as a core player. He has been here from the start, but I see his only chance of staying under our best lock away senario is if he continues his current path i.e. develop into an elite tagger

Bugg has played 49 games for us so might suggest Leon rates him highly but then again Giles played 50 games for us but was pretty much not sighted after that

Addison, Schulz, ?
Don't forget we may still lose players to rivals as well.

Schulz is rookie listed so doesn't impact upon the salary cap unless promoted to the main list.

Will we have enough money for all of them ? My worry is that after the Cameron deal smith will not be cheap. But then Treloar and Sheil could almost demand a similar size contact elsewhere. Can they all fit ?
Many of the big contracts in the early years like ward Davis and scully were front loaded... The dogs are paying a bit of Griffs salary too so we really shouldn't have cap space issues

Plus from all reports Cameron turned down bigger dollars from the crows to stay which gives support to Leon's claim last week that players will take less to stay and win a flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Jezza will stay but will be one of the last contracts done. Might be a case of seeing who stays, who goes & how much money is available.
Hmm... I was right on the money with that one...

Great signing by your club. Hope the kid can get his body right because he is going to be a great of the competition and heart and soul of your club.

I reckon the AFL will be smiling almost as widely as you guys today.

Just had a day driving my truck around Sydney traffic for 14 or so hours.

Still the best day of my life.

Thanks Jezza & Devon & Dave Matthews.

Not "Wowee"; I'd prefer oh boy WHE!

I like your thinking. WHE is going to surprise the competition this year mark my words.

I remember chatting to someone from the club at a scratchie last year who told me wills mum was quite vocal in the first year or 2 about why he was not getting a game. Now I know why. Well done mrs Hoskin-Elliot

agree re the Buggsta.
he is the premier tagger/ shut-downer at the club, which means some weeks he will be preferred to some of the more creative midfield types.
Cogs & Sculls have to get their skates on, there ain't room in that midfield for everyone!

But it is 46 in 2016 and if we lock away all the guys we want we will need to move on Addison plus 2 of the talent of
Townsend, Wilson, Williams, Buntine all clearly afl standard but as we all know we can't keep them all.
Wilson is developing very precise footskills_he needs longer to develop,
Bunts is a keeper, he'll be a very robust half back flanker the equal of Heath Shaw.
Townsend, I love the grunt, but he is kinda clumsy,
Zaccie Williams_it's a such a good story, but theres so many talented boys in front of him, he may find it difficult.

Can't keep them all as we do have a cap.

I expect to lose one of Shiel or Treloar as we have paid overs this week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back