The crowd

Remove this Banner Ad

It was "bullshit" - Heard that chant 2 times directed at the umpires
Also heard a "cheat" chant, fast paced once or twice too :p

That "cheat" chant was in my bay - M15! lol, I think the people who started it were shocked it actually took off & the whole bay started screaming it...

I reckon there would've been more than 10k Crows fans there...Harper said there's usually 10k Crows fans at Melbourne games during the H&A season...

70,000 is a very good crowd, i think thats bigger than the 09 prelim vs the pies.

well done to both crows and hawk fans.

I'd suggest there was close to 18,000 to 20,000 Crows supporters at the ground.

On the drive over, every time we stopped for food, petrol or bathroom breaks there was at least 40 to 50 Crows supporters at that vicinity. Flags out the window, jumpers, T shirts, Crows gear was every where. Where ever we went, we saw Crows people, the city was painted Red, Blue and Yellow.

Walking into the ground, I feel the Crows supporters out numbered the Hawks and it wasn't until the Hawks hit the front in the 3rd quarter, we were louder and more noticeable. The noice we made after Stiffys goal in the 4th was very loud and very exciting until umpire number 30 took the goal posts out of the ground and shoved them up our.....

That "cheat" chant was in my bay - M15! lol, I think the people who started it were shocked it actually took off & the whole bay started screaming it...

I reckon there would've been more than 10k Crows fans there...Harper said there's usually 10k Crows fans at Melbourne games during the H&A season...
The cheat chant was going in mine too (N55). So it was all around the stadium :p

What was it like on the top level of the Olympic Stand?

I was in M15 too and it was mental. I have no voice and a sore throat today, gave every bit I had!
The G is simply awesome, the roar is something incredible, way bigger than AAMI, even at capacity.
Great game by our boys.

I was at the top of the olympic stand in a hawks bay and didn't hear the cheat or bullshit chants, but good on you boys that did!

I must say I was ecstatic with the support we had there. On occasion I thought we had kicked a behind on an angle I couldn't see because the roar was so loud but it was our supporters in full voice! I'd estimate at roughly 15-20 thousand from the look of the crowd and the noise we made.

Hard to tell how many Crows fans there. For the Pies game 3 years ago you could tell there were a lot because the yellow stands out - but you can't do that against Hawthorn. Loads up in the top deck of the Olympic + 2 whole bays behind the goal and 2 on the eastern wing. From my position I couldn't see the whole ground, but my estimate is 15,000.

And the 'bullshit' chant was audible from the third row from the top of the stand, as was the Crows fans superior chanting just about throughout.

The cheat chant was going in mine too (N55). So it was all around the stadium :p

What was it like on the top level of the Olympic Stand?

Unbelievable. One of the best atmospheres I've been involved in. Our bay was divided about 50/50 between Crows and Hawks fans (I think you were in Q51 as well MelbourneCrow?) and we absolutely dominated them noisewise.

70k isn't a bad crowd by any means, but you just know if the ticket prices were a bit more realistic there could have been 80-85, which would have made it that much better.

Yeah the cheat chant was coming from my section of the southern stand, then the roar and suck s**t calls after it were sensational!!! The crowds performance from our teams perspective was nothing short of unbelievable, and we couldn't be more proud of them team after that effort. Definitely feeling shattered as a supporter and for the players. The highest of highs and lowest of lows felt yesterday, I must say when Johncock kicked that goal to put us in front was the best footy moment I've had in years

Agreed! i felt it too, was unreal! Just to have that feeling even though we lost is all I could possibly ask for ! So glad I made the trip over, was great fun leaving home at 5am Sat morning in what felt like a bumper to bumper convoy of Crows fans flooding to Melbourne!

I think our bay, M14, spent the last 15 minutes on their feet!
I was getting light headed from yelling so much!

We were with a friend from Melbourne who's a Geelong supporter, he said the Crows supporters were brilliant! Lucky him, he got to see an awesome game!

Amazing effort by everyone involved.... I'm expecting a big welcome back to the crows at their 1st game at AAMI next year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back