We need a great song for the crowd to get into before the game....

Remove this Banner Ad

Jetafl

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Astros Detroit Red Wings KC Chiefs
We need a great song for our home games like the blokes down the road. The boys light up doesn't do it for me. What about thunderstruck?

I think that would rock with appropriate light show/lighting to match pre-game.

Attachments

• TS.gif
    TS.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 95

Personally I'd rather not be insulted with constant stimuli and soak in the atmosphere of the game on its own merit
I can appreciate what you're saying. As per my thread title I was referring to a song pre-game just before the bounce. Having been to both Port and our home games I think Port is gold standard in the AFL with - Never tear us apart just before than bounce like being at Anfield or a Hammers home game. I also don't mind the Lions roar after a goal or the Rooster's crowing after a try.

It wouldn't work for us as a Crow crowing is not a pleasant sound but maybe Bruce piped over the PA ''special'' after a goal ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a great song for our home games like the blokes down the road. The boys light up doesn't do it for me. What about thunderstruck?

I think that would rock with appropriate light show/lighting to match pre-game.

Id associate that more with port power than I would us....I mean, their mascot is a stick of lightning

I can appreciate what you're saying. As per my thread title I was referring to a song pre-game just before the bounce. Having been to both Port and our home games I think Port is gold standard in the AFL with - Never tear us apart just before than bounce like being at Anfield or a Hammers home game. I also don't mind the Lions roar after a goal or the Rooster's crowing after a try.

It wouldn't work for us as a Crow crowing is not a pleasant sound but maybe Bruce piped over the PA ''special'' after a goal ;)
I was at the last showdown and it was the first time I experienced the 'Never Tear Us Apart' thing. Can gennuinely say it was one of the cringiest things I've sat through - it all felt so confected.

The premise is good - Liverpool do it beaurifully because it's almost a gutteral, spiritual type experience. Port's thing just feels like a few thousand bogans waving around a Port scarf to an INXS song.

We already do have music that leads into the first bounce. I have no idea what it is, but I hear it played.

Last edited:
Katy Perry Reaction GIF by Idols Global

Having been to both Port and our home games I think Port is gold standard in the AFL with - Never tear us apart just before than bounce

Each to their own but to me it's just dire. It's a slow, boring love song. I much rather the natural build up of crowd noise when the timer counts down to 1 instead.

I just don't see how NTUA and waving a scarf around slowly could possibly get you pumped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back