We need a great song for the crowd to get into before the game....

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a great song for our home games like the blokes down the road. The boys light up doesn't do it for me. What about thunderstruck?

I think that would rock with appropriate light show/lighting to match pre-game.

I can appreciate what you're saying. As per my thread title I was referring to a song pre-game just before the bounce. Having been to both Port and our home games I think Port is gold standard in the AFL with - Never tear us apart just before than bounce like being at Anfield or a Hammers home game. I also don't mind the Lions roar after a goal or the Rooster's crowing after a try.

It wouldn't work for us as a Crow crowing is not a pleasant sound but maybe Bruce piped over the PA ''special'' after a goal ;)
No-Memes-15.jpg

I was at the last showdown and it was the first time I experienced the 'Never Tear Us Apart' thing. Can gennuinely say it was one of the cringiest things I've sat through - it all felt so confected.

The premise is good - Liverpool do it beaurifully because it's almost a gutteral, spiritual type experience. Port's thing just feels like a few thousand bogans waving around a Port scarf to an INXS song.
I attended a few Port games last year (Free tix for 3 games, only paid for 1) and I still laugh at the Rd 2 game vs Hawthorn.

They switched off the pa for the last 2 lines of NTUA, but the crowd didn't sing along to the 2nd last line, the stadium basically went quiet for a few seconds, then you hear "you'll never, tear us apart"

Cringey as f***

At least the net 3 games I attended (Essendon, GWS and Adelaide) they learnt to play the pa that extra line and only put it off for the 1 line the crowd actually know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have always thought that me screaming at the first free kick "He's been doing it all day" after copious beers was all the motivation the crowd needed, perhaps I'm deluded?

They already play one
Yep and it's absolute junk

As is the build up song they play in the last minute before the first siren

Great thread! Agree 100%

How are we expected to win matches and be a successful club if we can't even sort this basic s**t out?

The music person copped a barrelling in my member feedback questionnaire.

Agree with no sing-along antics. Leave that to the try hards.

Something that is well known or at least slightly familiar, that builds and has some element of adrenaline to it. Maybe we should have Ravel's Bolero played in it's entirety

Chicago Bulls example:

My nomination for before we come out of the race, leading into our club song:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back