We need a great song for the crowd to get into before the game....

Remove this Banner Ad

We don’t need a NTUA type anthem, we just need a better build up song before they run on the ground
Yes, I think that's where the focus should be. Not on picking a song that the crowd will be expected to sing along to, making it the greatest organic grassroots anthem ever :$ but just working on the pre-game buildup. And maybe not settling on one song at the outset, but trying a few different things.

NTUA? Well, if you had no idea about how it started, I suppose maybe you'd think it was pretty cool. But when you know it was created by the club - not even as a genuine anthem, but as a cross-promotion for the Chairman's TV network employer... it's hard to take it seriously.

'We hate you cos you're Victorian' is my pick, that'd really get the hairs on the back of your neck standing up
Can of course be changed to 'from Alberton' for showdowns
Obviously requires an apology to any Vic based players and fans, but the PR team can work on that

I'm against the song idea in general but 50 thousand people chanting psycho killer would be pretty cool.
I can't hear it any more without singing "psycho chicken"

Good off-field and good on field go hand in hand.

Becoming hyper focussed on marketing won't make us good on field.

Having a good on field product can make the other stuff seem ok.

The single biggest driver in enjoying game days is whether we win.

Oh and employ more bar staff, the queues a joke.

What if each player had their own song? Then just seconds before the bounce you hear glass shatter, Stone Cold style, the crowd erupts, the commentators go nuts “BAH GAWD, THAT’S PEDLAR’S MUSIC!!” “HE’S HERE! HE’S NOT INJURED!”

Fogarty and Tex call themselves the Adelaide Protection Agency and enter to the APA theme at the last second prior to the bounce?

Welcome to the Jungle

Being a Hammers fan

Last edited:
I’ve said it before, but I’d love to follow in the footsteps of West Ham fans singing “We’re forever blowing bubbles” and sing Monty Pythons “Always look on the Bright Side of Life”… encapsulates perfectly what it’s like to be a long suffering Crows fan, while at the same time having fun with the whole shebang… otherwise we’re simply trying waaaay too hard like a certain other club we know.

Soulfly - Boom
Soulfly - Jumpda**ckup
Rammstein - Feuer Frei (Bang Bang)
Choirboys - Run to Paradise
August Burns Red - Beauty in Tragedy
Bury Your Dead - Colour of Money
Coheed and Cambria - Welcome Home
Metallica - Hero of the day
Hatebreed - I will be heard
Taking Back Sunday - All Excess
Disturbed - Decadence
Sonic Syndicate - Denied
Soilwork - Nerve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a great song for our home games like the blokes down the road. The boys light up doesn't do it for me. What about thunderstruck?

I think that would rock with appropriate light show/lighting to match pre-game.

Awesome intro song for any sporting team. Would fire up the players and crowd big time. It's time for the club to change their image.

Last edited:
Fogarty and Tex call themselves the Adelaide Protection Agency and enter to the APA theme at the last second prior to the bounce?
Summerslam 1999 Wrestling GIF by WWE

This is the current countdown.
Until I googled it, I didn’t even know it had lyrics.
Those last few lines would be epic with crowd unison.
Thanks was wondering what piece of music it was. I like it too. Lyrics are appropriate.

I emailed the club in early days of AO to a dramatic song before game. I'm sure they had a different one then though. Also do they still do the stadium light show with the music? I always rock up right on siren time recently.

I quite liked this

Last edited:
The problem with all of this is that no one gives a s**t about any of it while you're a joke on field.
NTUA stuck because they were good that year.

People really think some new combination chant or song will make people enthusiastic about one of the worst clubs in football?

Stop sucking first.

We won't though. The midfield.

The Benny Hill music would be appropriate when the board members come onto the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back