The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

The hurry along and the cutting/shortening of segments on OTC to make sure they're right on the deadline so the....... rerun of the show before it can start? Why the F are they in such a rush?
That bugs the heck out of me as well.

It comes down to a weak Producer and Host who can't stick to a timeframe.

Even if they do run a few minutes over, all it means is someone in the Control Room cutting a few ads in the next hour to get the schedule back on time.

All too hard for FoxFooty.

As far as commentary goes, this is one of the easiest things to 'endure'. It's barely a criticism
Agree - even the great Commetti and Bruce went over the top at times. Much prefer this to a commentator who can barely gets names right or launches into some diatribe about what he was doing the night before meanwhile someone has taken MOTY. Gee whiz BT last night actually said something I'd never heard before when a low profile Crows player received the ball in the middle of the ground.. "ball kicked to ...... I think!" Thats just incredible.

Why would they not do bounce as live show in Adelaide instead of out of a studio…. Also don’t watch much league but why couldn’t we get something like this for gather round

Farrr out this AFL360 episode is soooo awkward (or "cringe" if you're on social media)

Robbo trying to have a serious discussion about with Wheatley who, instead of being in the studio, is on a giant screen positioned where he usually sits, on a six second delay, Robbo going on a massive rant about Finlayson and homosexuality in footy, stumbling along while Wheatley looks like he's waiting for the train.

Why didn't they just give him a week off and give Robbo a different studio partner, because that s**t didn't work at all.

Farrr out this AFL360 episode is soooo awkward (or "cringe" if you're on social media)

Robbo trying to have a serious discussion about with Wheatley who, instead of being in the studio, is on a giant screen positioned where he usually sits, on a six second delay, Robbo going on a massive rant about Finlayson and homosexuality in footy, stumbling along while Wheatley looks like he's waiting for the train.

Why didn't they just give him a week off and give Robbo a different studio partner, because that s**t didn't work at all.
Agree, has been a basket case.

Agree, has been a basket case.
Wheatley already seems distant from Robbo when they are pglhysically next to each other, it was like one person trying to have a conversation with a photograph.

And when Robbo and the coaches were all in the studio just sat there while they waited for Whearley to respond was just as bad. It really exacerbated the sense that Robbo is a man of the people and Gerard is not.

Terrible decision

Wheatley already seems distant from Robbo when they are pglhysically next to each other, it was like one person trying to have a conversation with a photograph.

And when Robbo and the coaches were all in the studio just sat there while they waited for Whearley to respond was just as bad. It really exacerbated the sense that Robbo is a man of the people and Gerard is not.

Terrible decision
I don't think it was planned. Whateley said his flight got cancelled. Probably only had a couple of hours notice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new show for this year, "Midweek Tackle" on Tuesdays and Wednesdays is more what AFL360 should be.

Raw as all heck, but a solid 30 minutes of fast-paced discussion.

No Coaches Night, Players Night etc. that has been AFL360's repetitive programming over the past few years.

First Crack on Mondays. Midweek Tackle on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

AFL360 can be 'retired'.

This new bogan chick they have got on The Bounce has made it even less watchable than it usually is, she is like nails on a *ing chalkboard.

worse than the netball lady with the smokers voice?

Maybe its because female voices in footy is new relatively speaking.....but yes voices are somewhat irritating. It will take time for the cream to rise to the top. Watch ESPN to see women in sports media speaking coherently, clearly and professionally. Contrast to ours which at times is channel 31ish - both female and males.

Maybe its because female voices in footy is new relatively speaking.....but yes voices are somewhat irritating. It will take time for the cream to rise to the top. Watch ESPN to see women in sports media speaking coherently, clearly and professionally. Contrast to ours which at times is channel 31ish - both female and males.
Yea I think there is an unconscious bias against some of the female commentators. Bloody hell, if drew morphetts 10 yr old voice wasn’t enough to turn the tv off I’m not sure what was.

He said on Sunday that he's banned from doing Richmond games.

If that's true, it's a good decision by Foxfooty.

Riewoldt is smug and a bit of a tosser, but he's actually OK at analysing the game - as long as it's not his former team.
Seemed like a more of a self joke if anything. Because he couldn't call the Sunday arvo game due to it being on 7

Yea I think there is an unconscious bias against some of the female commentators. Bloody hell, if drew morphetts 10 yr old voice wasn’t enough to turn the tv off I’m not sure what was.

It's not just a bias against female commentators in footy, there are male commentators in footy that I find irritating too like Luke Darcy.

It's not just a bias against female commentators in footy, there are male commentators in footy that I find irritating too like Luke Darcy.
I hasten to add that the bogan voice is one that is most irrirating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back