Mega Thread The Footy Dept Thread Part I - #SackHardwick or #StandByDimma?

Should he go?

• See out his contract

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • See out the year

Votes: 130 44.2%
  • See out the day

Votes: 93 31.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will LOL If the Hardwick haters get their way and we have a new coach either in 2016 or 2017and we are sitting 0-2 under the new coach after having lost to Carlton and st kilda.

Reading aunt Peggy's comments they will offer Teflon an extension as we are improving.

I wanted Hinkley.....I cried for seven days and nights when we chose Hadwick. Was listening to SEN a few days back and herd the story about what Hinkley said to Nathan Krakouer, Hardwick would have said "run a few laps son and we propably play you next week"

I wanted Hinkley.....I cried for seven days and nights when we chose Hadwick. Was listening to SEN a few days back and herd the story about what Hinkley said to Nathan Krakouer, Hardwick would have said "run a few laps son and we propably play you next week"
You cried over an untried coach who was overlooked on a number occassions?
WoW what vision.

Don't know why people dislike him, hmmm it must be the 2 finals series in a row for the first time in 40 years he has delivered.

Mate whilst I enjoy your insightful posts, he has a plan a. Which is a rip off of hawthorns game plan, which we won't or can't execute (personel ?) but no plan b, after 6 years you would think that we gave a plan b and maybe even a c.

The slow build up kills us, when we move the ball we actually look ok, but the sideways and backwards kicking is so slow we hung terry out to dry because of the chip chip game, but then again we all have super coach teams where the more possesions the better.

We won every KPI except the one that matters , the scoreboard, but Teflon is happy, another contract extension on the way.

Because we were a sack the coach club, of which he hates, and he doesn't like boards who do this. He also had no respect of us during his playing days(we were junk) and that sticks in his mind. Regardless if you think it applies now, that's what he thinks and it would never happen. The bloke is a millionaire(land) and he doesn't have to work and can pick and choose his jobs.

lol, really? how about a s**t list would of been the real reason

You do realize that winning the KPI means the coaches plan is working right? Not kicking straight is down my players poor execution on game day. Just sayin.

You're right 3 or 4 possesions in 5 seconds us great we got more ball then them across the half backline,

Oh sorry didnt realize KPI was only disposal count. Thought it included things like clearances, inside 50s and contested ball.

Yeah we get plenty of those too,more inside 50s pity we play a game style which is slanted towards leading to the pockets, fed coaches imprint the game plan in players heads,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realize that winning the KPI means the coaches plan is working right? Not kicking straight is down my players poor execution on game day. Just sayin.

We were comprehensively beaten in attitude and want to win the hard ball.

That's the coach. All the coach. He can't get the players up against opposition like Melbourne and Bulldogs (no disrespect to those sides) after years then he has issues.

The KPIs he has may be out of whack on what is required to win games in today's football. If we aren't winning, why doesn't he ever, I mean ever, do anything to change it up to try and win a game. He's not got a plan b. Never has.

There is also a fundamental difference in winning the contested ball stats and winning the contested ball. Might confuse most, but of you've played the game you would understand. Getting a quick kick in a pack to the opposition is a clearance or contested ball win. We may have won the stats on Friday but Melbourne were harder, tougher and wanted it more than we did.

Stick those stats up your arse Dimma.

We were comprehensively beaten in attitude and want to win the hard ball.

That's the coach. All the coach. He can't get the players up against opposition like Melbourne and Bulldogs (no disrespect to those sides) after years then he has issues.

The KPIs he has may be out of whack on what is required to win games in today's football. If we aren't winning, why doesn't he ever, I mean ever, do anything to change it up to try and win a game. He's not got a plan b. Never has.

There is also a fundamental difference in winning the contested ball stats and winning the contested ball. Might confuse most, but of you've played the game you would understand. Getting a quick kick in a pack to the opposition is a clearance or contested ball win. We may have won the stats on Friday but Melbourne were harder, tougher and wanted it more than we did.

Stick those stats up your arse Dimma.
How is that all the coach? Can the players themselves realize they should be going hard for the ball? If the players are flat the coach can pump them up but the players shouldnt be flat in the first place.
Never said there wasnt, usually we do win contested ball, thats normally one of our strengths.
The execution is off, the game plan is getting the ball towards goal. When we miss from 15m out in a set shot that is not the game plan.

That was the peak of his ability, we are on a downward curve now, mark my words we will be 2-8 coming into the bye..
Is that with or without our full strength side on the park or doesn't that matter.

As for the ability, who's, Hardwick's or the players, to be quite honest it's the players who are at fault for our 2-2 start, it's on them to lift, coaches can give the best speeches, rev ups etc, but it all means s**t if the players cant be arsed picking up loose players, thinking for themselves, missing set shots while the other team nails them, dropping simple chest marks, coughing the ball up under no pressure, making wrong decisions, preferring to wait for a hand out instead of being the one who gives the hand out etc, coaches don't do any of that but hey, you go and bash the coach if that makes you feel better.

I'll give you a number and see if you can work it out and then tell me it has no effect on a teams ability to play at their best. 506

We don't need another nice guy like Dimma who makes friends with all of his players. All the photos of Dimma at "training" are of him giggling with the leadership group. The guy was a tough player, but you can tell he's a soft coach.

Worsfold seems like a massive c***. I'm all for getting him on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back