FTA-TV The Footy Show - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Ugh! Sam's idea about none of the 'outer' players being allowed in the centre square until the ball comes out (after a centre bounce) is one of the dumbest I've ever heard. If the ball doesn't come out very quickly, there'd be about 20 players running up and down the lines, or even around and around the outside of the square until it comes out. Stupid. Imagine this: a scrum of outside players running back and forth along the line following the ball until it pops out of the square.

Or if the ball is bobbling along just inside the line, there'd heaps of the outside players running right next to it, not allowed to touch it.,

Eh, you get the picture. There are many possible ridiculous scenarios.

Here's a better idea: make the centre square much bigger. It'd reduce congestion and secondary ball-ups, and speed clearances, because the outside players would have an 'several' metres to cover before they got to the middle. It's a minor change and would be barely noticeable.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The second part....
I've thought about the show and you are right. I should stop putting it down. Unless it's constructive criticism my comments are useless.

98 percent of shows I just don't watch, don't comment, and just ignore. I guess it's like a parent hating everything their son does but doesn't give up. I still see a hope for decent light hearted football themed show the night before the round. I guess the last few years I've just given up completely without realising. And still believe that with Sam Newman there they always be low end.

But back to my point sorry for the negativity.

Last edited:
Ugh! Sam's idea about none of the 'outer' players being allowed in the centre square until the ball comes out (after a centre bounce) is one of the dumbest I've ever heard. If the ball doesn't come out very quickly, there'd be about 20 players running up and down the lines, or even around and around the outside of the square until it comes out. Stupid. Imagine this: a scrum of outside players running back and forth along the line following the ball until it pops out of the square.

that's what a plonker initially thinks when hearing the idea. but the whole point is to get people to stop being so obsessed with the centre of the ground. people wouldn't be stupdily circling the centre, like caged out animals, they would be making intelligent runs closer to the goals. that is the whole point. to open up the game.

The recently signed David Armitage from the Saints and another player from an AFL club - hint not the Hawks, Cats, Saints, Melbourne, or an interstate club.
WB coach and ex Hawk assistant Luke Beveridge.

Plus some special guests on the Nissan table...

The Show is really Sam Newman, with Swan or Crawford making a small funny comment. The rest is so laboured. Hughesy's rants might be funny to each club's playing group but they are not funny to us because we don't know the nuances and goings on of each club's playing group.

Garbage.

PS On a side note, a lot of crap was given to Eddie for wearing two or more hats ie Collingwood President, Footy Commentator and Footy Show host. JB does the same and escapes all scrutiny. Perhaps it is because his opinion is so irrelevant no one cares.

I know it was an old clip, but song parodies are never funny, apart from the odd few seconds of visual of one of the guys dressed up looking silly.
Lyrically, song parodies are just like someone telling a really bad joke very slowly.

garry-lyon-s-warning-o.gif

Tonight's show features the 1st and 3rd selections in the 2001 Super Draft. Hawthorn Captain Luke Hodge and recently retired Chris Judd!

I think it is the first time Hodgey has been a panellist..... has been a guest a few times but not a panellist..could be wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back