FTA-TV The Footy Show - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Takes courage to be ignorant?

Sounds like you'd have no issues with fans yelling or players ribbing Riewoldt about his sister's recent passing.

To be expected since Riewoldt is a public figure? Give me strength...
FFS, he didn't say it was okay to bag people about things like that, he said that you need to be prepared for it because there are people out there who will do it.

How ******* hard is it to comprehend the most simple s**t?

How would sam know if he's recovered or not.
That's the bit I didn't like. The fact he took made his opinion based on the idea that Clark is recovered fully, when in reality he probably isn't. Heaven forbid Clark saw that, it only takes one stupid comment to totally evaporate the drive of someone to escape depression. (Speaking from experience).

Clark is recovering. He's still overall vulnerable, should he be expecting s**t talk on the ground? Probably, doesn't mean it's okay that that stuff still happens though.

FFS, he didn't say it was okay to bag people about things like that, he said that you need to be prepared for it because there are people out there who will do it.

How ******* hard is it to comprehend the most simple s**t?

I don't agree on that front. I don't think that's what he meant at all. Was quite clear from a few half-sentences he said (while being cut off, thankfully) that his opinion of mental illness is one that belongs in the dark ages. Very poor of him, and I imagine he will cop some heat from it tomorrow.

The good news is how quickly and firmly the rest of the panel shut him down and stood up to him. Not sure the same would have happened on a show like The Footy Show 10 years ago. Shows that thankfully society has come a long way in sensitivity towards mental illness, but still has some way to go.

To be honest I don't think Dave Hughes adds much to the show. We've already seen the spray stuff elsewhere. He's not there long enough to have an impact during the show.

First time I've watched this year, and wonder what Hughes adds to the show. Is he usually on that little?

Spray was funny enough, thought he be on more

Takes courage to be ignorant?

Sounds like you'd have no issues with fans yelling or players ribbing Riewoldt about his sister's recent passing.

To be expected since Riewoldt is a public figure? Give me strength...

Completely different. Somebody's death is a bit different. Also, fans at the game by and large should keep their mouth's shut (I know I do).

Fans should be evicted and banned for life if they say anything regarding sensitive matters.

Again, I would not have said anything.

If I had my time over again, I should have chosen my words wiser.

Bernie Vince and Brett Deledio are on the footy show panel tonight .. Don't mind Vince, but Deledio is rather vanilla.. Will give tonight's show a miss, really don't want to watch Garry's debut at Comedy :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually you should DaVillaBlues because a real 3 time Premiership coach is on tonight as well. One who has won 3 in 10 years not like a certain other coach who has taken 30 years to achieve the same thing. It will be enough to make you Carlton fans cry in your silver spoons...oh why did we pick Mick??

Personally after Mr. Clarkson I'll be switching over to GEM to watch Blackadder Goes 4th including 2 super eps, General Hospital and Gooodbyeee. Not to be missed.

Actually you should DaVillaBlues because a real 3 time Premiership coach is on tonight as well. One who has won 3 in 10 years not like a certain other coach who has taken 30 years to achieve the same thing. It will be enough to make you Carlton fans cry in your silver spoons...oh why did we pick Mick??

Personally after Mr. Clarkson I'll be switching over to GEM to watch Blackadder Goes 4th including 2 super eps, General Hospital and Gooodbyeee. Not to be missed.

:D :D

Fair response that, although I am now wondering if you're an employee of Channel 9 :)

I'll be watching Survivor on GO.

Then when that finishes, will be back onto TFS.

I hope he doesn't bitch it and actually tries, will be so awkward it will be funny

Not that I'm saying stand up would be easy- but I think the easiest thing would be to just take the absolute piss outta himself/ and others off the show.

5 mins tho, doesn't sound very long, but it would be. It would feel like an hour imo.

5 mins tho, doesn't sound very long, but it would be. It would feel like an hour imo.

Agree. I wouldn't want to do it for that long. Imagine if he bombs in the first minute, the remaining 4 minutes will be the longest in his life.

If all fails just pull out a stretcher joke.*

*i dont find that funny.

Be too "inhouse" to go that considering a percentage of the audience either don't know or don't care about AFL or his history with the game. Anyway if he goes with that option he is 'green lighting' the rest of the people to use the Stretcher for ever and a day.

Might be funny if he starts off by being carried out onto the stage on a stretcher???

Be too "inhouse" to go that considering a percentage of the audience either don't know or don't care about AFL or his history with the game. Anyway if he goes with that option he is 'green lighting' the rest of the people to use the Stretcher for ever and a day.

Might be funny if he starts off by being carried out onto the stage on a stretcher???

Would probably be better use after it, when he bombs.

Which game did he get wrong again? Gold Coast certs to beat Melbs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back