The ghost of Tarrant

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both players had better get a move on and lift their game then. Pavlich after 5 games is not close to averaging enough goals to kick 100, and he is in fact closer to matching last season when Tarrant wasn't even there.

Well who has kicked a hundred in recent times? Where do you get that as a benchmark from?

Tarrant on the otherhand was bagged last season, and critical of his own performances while blaming injuries, yet he has in fact gone backwards! Last season at Collingwood he averaged more possessions and marks and about the same amount of goals in 20 matches in a poor season than he so far for Freo this season in 5 matches.
Not only that, but after 5 matches of last season, Tarrant had 72 possessions, 41 marks, and had kicked 11 goals in a poor season. After 5 matches this season, he has had 52 possessions, 29 marks, and has kicked 10 goals. Although he has time to turn his poor season around, it is about what I expected.
a) He was playing at Collingwood and b ) he was injured. You say that he blamed his injuries, as if it wasn't a valid explanation. He had to have off season surgery to fix the problem, which indicates the seriousness.. The fact that he's played 5 matches and is managing an influence with a better return per game of goals than anyone at Collgingwood is a fantastic effort. Collingwood's highest goal scorer is Rocca on 12, though he's had 6 games to achieve that result. So it's a bit fresh saying that he has had a poor start to the season. Apart from that, you don't expect him to come to a new team with limited preseason preperation and kick 25 in the first 5 games. Get a grip.

Funny you should mention that. Farmer kicked more than 50 goals last season, yet he probably won't play this season at all. I have no idea how Freo are going to replace his input, and the Dockers won't kick as many goals this season as they did last season.
We have plenty of depth. Hardly an issue, as indicated by the heavy suspension Freo handed him. You're really trying a little hard here...we're talking about Tarrant, not Farmer.

They don't have Medhurst to call on anymore as well!I can't believe that Freo gave up the important number 8 draft pick and a dangerous 25 year old Medhurst, for a 26 year old Tarrant that has so far gone backwards on a poor season.
Medhurst is not dangerous. You can't even get him on the park.

I'm obviously not complaining though of course if Tarrant's form to date is any guide. He has time to turn it around though, but he better pull his finger out. Unless of course you are accepting of this mediocrity.
Once again, he has kicked 10 goals in 5 games and your highest scorer Rocca, has kicked 12 from 6. The next best is a couple of 7 goals from players who have had 6 games.

Rank Name Games Total
1 Anthony Rocca 6 12
2 Leon Davis 6 7
2 Scott Pendlebury 6 7
4 Paul Medhurst 3 6
5 Tarkyn Lockyer 6 5
6 Ben Johnson 5 4
6 Travis Cloke 6 4

You're a joke trying to bring this kind of garbage.

Cloke is 20 and has stepped up in he is now our go to man at CHF leading towards the wings. The absence of Tarrant has place more responsibility on his shoulders and I think it will pay dividends in the long run. If anything Medhurst looks like filling the role Rusling would've had. That is a leading option out of the square or the pocket. Speaking of Rusling, he would be in the same situation as Cloke in terms of having more responsibility.

I really don't undertand what you are trying to get at, you are trying to fight battles that aren't really there. What exactly is your point RE. Tarrant? I think we all agree it would be great for Freo especially short term. We all conceded we may have had troubles without him in the team but it would force younger players to step up, specifically Cloke and Rusling.

What's this short term talk. He's 26 and can go until he's 32. That's 6 or 7 years. Are you saying you won't be challenging for a premiership in that time. Last week I read the view down at the Lexus Centre was that 08 and 09 were a chance.

What's this short term talk. He's 26 and can go until he's 32. That's 6 or 7 years. Are you saying you won't be challenging for a premiership in that time. Last week I read the view down at the Lexus Centre was that 08 and 09 were a chance.
And by that time Ben Reid will be coming into his own and far more important to our flags hopes than an aging Tarrant

Last week I read the view down at the Lexus Centre was that 08 and 09 were a chance.
And by that time Ben Reid will be coming into his own and far more important to our flags hopes than a Tarrant pushing 30 and past his best.. I think the trade was a genuine win win if you guys can capitalize over the next couple of years.. still think you are short a quality line breaking midfielder though

Just a slight bit presumptious.
6ft 6 and faster than any of the midfielders at the draft camp over 20 metres, moves beautifully, strong mark, is the youngest player in the entire AFL and is already close to selection at 17... It's a safe presumption :p

Well who has kicked a hundred in recent times? Where do you get that as a benchmark from?

We have plenty of depth. Hardly an issue, as indicated by the heavy suspension Freo handed him. You're really trying a little hard here...we're talking about Tarrant, not Farmer.quote]

Dude sorry to get into the middle of your little fight and all, but it was you who said Pavlich would kick a hundred, and it was you who said it would get even better when Farmer returned.

KissStephanie was only responding to your argument.

We have plenty of depth. Hardly an issue, as indicated by the heavy suspension Freo handed him. You're really trying a little hard here...we're talking about Tarrant, not Farmer.quote]

Dude sorry to get into the middle of your little fight and all, but it was you who said Pavlich would kick a hundred, and it was you who said it would get even better when Farmer returned.

KissStephanie was only responding to your argument.
Saw that, Stephanie has this little argument well in hand, nice sheperd though.

Yeah thanks so much for Tarrant. He does wonders for our forward line. The 50 goals he'll kick this year, won't compare to the 100 Pavlich kicks because of his presence. When Farmer comes back it will only get better.

Just can't believe you traded him at 26 yrs old for the 25yr old Medders and an unproven youngster.
Medders is going really well and is a great addition to the team and Ben Reid will be a gun

you guys will be kicking yourself in a couple of years:D

6ft 6 and faster than any of the midfielders at the draft camp over 20 metres, moves beautifully, strong mark, is the youngest player in the entire AFL and is already close to selection at 17... It's a safe presumption :p

Yeah but dont worry if he can actually play. Fiora was pretty damn good at the draft camp.

Either way, if that's all you can disagree with in my post then I'm doing well.

Yeah but dont worry if he can actually play. Fiora was pretty damn good at the draft camp.

Either way, if that's all you can disagree with in my post then I'm doing well.
We are very happy with him thank you... how is that trade working out for you though?

Didn't you get Tarrant because your premiership window had opened? :p

Saw that, Stephanie has this little argument well in hand, nice sheperd though.

Oh yeah don't worry about the bit where Tarrant has kciked more goals than Rocca in six games, yet Stephanie thinks that he has had a terrible start to the season.

Reply to that. Any takers? Oh yeah, don't worry about the main point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeah don't worry about the bit where Tarrant has kciked more goals than Rocca in six games, yet Stephanie thinks that he has had a terrible start to the season.

Reply to that. Any takers? Oh yeah, don't worry about the main point.
It's not about Tarrant, it's about you guys thinking Tarrant was what you needed to go that extra step and win a flag when every man and his blind dog could see your problem was a line breaking midfielder not an extra tall forward... you guys screwed up and it's showing on the field

It's not about Tarrant, it's about you guys thinking Tarrant was what you needed to go that extra step and win a flag when every man and his blind dog could see your problem was a line breaking midfielder not an extra tall forward... you guys screwed up and it's showing on the field

You still haven't read the bit where I pointed out that Tarrant has had more goals this year than any Collingwood player...

Which line breaking midfielders do you have and which line breaking midfielders were available?

You still haven't read the bit where I pointed out that Tarrant has had more goals this year than any Collingwood player...

Which line breaking midfielders do you have and which line breaking midfielders were available?
Yeah point out to me where you are on the ladder and where we are? It was a win win trade if you had actually gone out and put a midfield together

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzacs

Wasn't it Hoogs that said that?

Yeah point out to me where you are on the ladder and where we are? It was a win win trade if you had actually gone out and put a midfield together

But that wont change the factthatTarrant has kicked more goals than any Collingwood player this year, as was my reply to Stephanie saying that he had had a terrible year. That is the discussion here.

As for the ladder, we were in the same position this time last year and made a preliminary final.

But that wont change the factthatTarrant has kicked more goals than any Collingwood player this year, as was my reply to Stephanie saying that he had had a terrible year. That is the discussion here.
That could be because you only have 2 avenues to goal and we have many.. and to me Taz does not look the same player he once was.. but he's looked that way for years

That could be because you only have 2 avenues to goal and we have many.. and to me Taz does not look the same player he once was.. but he's looked that way for years

Oh yeah you have stacks of optons! Doesn't change the fact that he has had a solid start, espeically condiering he barely did a preseason.

At the end of the day we are 4-2 and you's are 2-4. If you really think Tarrant to be the making of Fremantle this year, think again. You really needed a quality midfielder not an ageing soloman and a past-it tarrant.

Oh yeah you have stacks of optons! Doesn't change the fact that he has had a solid start, espeically condiering he barely did a preseason.

No one is disputing this. If you want to pretend that we've lost the trade already go ahead and do so. What he's doing at Freo has nothing to do with what he might of done with Collingwood.

At the end of the day we are 4-2 and you's are 2-4. If you really think Tarrant to be the making of Fremantle this year, think again. You really needed a quality midfielder not an ageing soloman and a past-it tarrant.

Funny how no one's answered my question about which midfielder was available. Aside from that, we have a strong midfield when fit. Browne got injured, but has shown how good he is at the role. Likewise with Schammer. Black is back and getting some fitness after injuries as well. Hasleby is back after OP and hernia problems the last two years, not that he's a line breaker, but he feeds them.

Tarrant is well short of being past it. He's 26. Only one year older than Medhurst. I guess this where you say that you picked up someone in the draft and that he's the next Buckley blah blah

Funny how no one's answered my question about which midfielder was available. Aside from that, we have a strong midfield when fit. Browne got injured, but has shown how good he is at the role. Likewise with Schammer. Black is back and getting some fitness after injuries as well. Hasleby is back after OP and hernia problems the last two years, not that he's a line breaker, but he feeds them.

Tarrant is well short of being past it. He's 26. Only one year older than Medhurst. I guess this where you say that you picked up someone in the draft and that he's the next Buckley blah blah
There were some ripper midfielders in the "super" draft... you chose to give them up for Tarrant... who will never get back to All Australian form (players peak between 23 & 37) and never be the difference you are looking for... as the years go by it will become more and more obvious you got bent over on this one

The amount of injuries Tarrant has sustained over his carear leaves you with a forward who is past his best. Sure he is only 26 years old but he has gotten slower over the years and misses crucial goals in big games. With the hard grounds in Perth it cant be good for his shin-splits. oh and i guess this is where you say he is past his injuries and has recovered blah blah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back