The ghost of Tarrant

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, 3 years? You don't know much about our list.

All we will lose is McManus, Cook, Parker and Bell (the only one of importance of the four).
Doesn't matter who you lose, you need the majority in their prime.. you don't know much about football

Your window is now, not in 6 years, your own club has confirmed that with the Tarrant trade, you either do it within 3 years or rebuild

Chris Byan. Holy **** he is worse than all 3 clokes.

I disagree. Where's Jason Cloke playing this year?

Anzacs, be respectful. It's hard to gauge where other sides are at without knowing them inside out. Chris Tarrant could play into his 30s; FWIW we don't know how much football he has left in him, only he does, because a human can understand his/her body better than anybody else.

I disagree. Where's Jason Cloke playing this year?

Anzacs, be respectful. It's hard to gauge where other sides are at without knowing them inside out. Chris Tarrant could play into his 30s; FWIW we don't know how much football he has left in him, only he does, because a human can understand his/her body better than anybody else.
I stand by my theory, when the speed goes... he has no tricks left... and hoogs will have to earn my respect by displaying some football knowledge

I stand by my theory, when the speed goes... he has no tricks left... and hoogs will have to earn my respect by displaying some football knowledge

The evidence is there for all to see. When Tarrant is half-fit, he's as good as useless, because he relies heavily on his mobility to gain possession of the ball. He has no plan B to his game - its lead or lose. When injured, he's slow out of the blocks, and his opponent destroys him. He cant carry injury like other players seem to be able to do.

The evidence is there for all to see. When Tarrant is half-fit, he's as good as useless, because he relies heavily on his mobility to gain possession of the ball. He has no plan B to his game - its lead or lose. When injured, he's slow out of the blocks, and his opponent destroys him. He cant carry injury like other players seem to be able to do.
Exactly.. I mean what will he fall back on?.. his accurate kicking for goal :p

Well who has kicked a hundred in recent times? Where do you get that as a benchmark from?
You're kidding aren't you? When I wrote that, Pavlich had kicked 17 goals in 5 games which equals 74 goals in 22 matches. Now he has kicked 20 goals from 6 games, which equals 73 goals in 22 matches. If he is going to kick over 100 goals as you claim, then he had better get a move on. As I had said, he is on target to kick the same amount as last season when Tarrant wasn't there.
a) He was playing at Collingwood and b ) he was injured.
So you agree with me then, is that right? After 5 matches of 2007, Tarrant had 52 possessions and has taken 29 marks, and kicked 10 goals. At the same time in 2006 at Collingwood, he had 72 possessions, had taken 41 marks and had kicked 11 goals. In other words, Tarrant had played better in the first 5 matches at Collingwood in 2006 when he was injured and had a self-admitted poor season than he had in the first 5 matches at Freo this season when fit.

After 6 matches of 2007, he is still behind his statistics of 2006 when he was at Collingwood, so if you are trying to claim that he has improved since he has moved to Freo, then you are wrong so far. It may happen as the season gets longer, but it hasn't happened yet. Do you understand me this time? By the way, what does being at Collingwood last season have to do with his poorer form so far this season at Freo?
You say that he blamed his injuries, as if it wasn't a valid explanation. He had to have off season surgery to fix the problem, which indicates the seriousness.
I'm confused. Again, you agree with me then do you? He was injured last season, but had a better season to date (after 6 matches) than he has at Freo this season when he is fitter.
The fact that he's played 5 matches and is managing an influence with a better return per game of goals than anyone at Collgingwood is a fantastic effort.
What are you talking about? Tarrant has less of the footy in 2007 than he had at this point in 2006. Do you understand this at all?
Collingwood's highest goal scorer is Rocca on 12, though he's had 6 games to achieve that result.
And Tarrant has kicked 13 goals in 6 games, but please tell me what Rocca has to do with the fact that Tarrant was better at this stage of last season when he was injured than he has been to date at Freo.
So it's a bit fresh saying that he has had a poor start to the season.
It's fact that he was better at this stage of last season than he has been after 6 games at Freo this season. He hasn't been exactly poor, but he has gone backwards from 2006 which was considered a poor season. Do you get what I am saying at all? I am trying to explain this as best as I can to you.
Apart from that, you don't expect him to come to a new team with limited preseason preperation and kick 25 in the first 5 games. Get a grip.
Excuse me? There is no need to patronise me sunshine. I had never stated that Tarrant should have kicked 25 goals, and if I did say that, then please show me where I had said it. I simply stated that he was better after 6 games in 2006 than he has been after 6 games of 2007. Are you trying to deny that?
We have plenty of depth. Hardly an issue, as indicated by the heavy suspension Freo handed him. You're really trying a little hard here...we're talking about Tarrant, not Farmer.
Hold on a minute! You mentioned Farmer! It was you that brought him up! You said that Freo will be better when Farmer returns, but that was before he was suspended by the club, and I was just reminding you of the fact that he may not be available this season.
Medhurst is not dangerous. You can't even get him on the park.
He was dangerous in his first three matches this season, kicking 6 goals while carrying an injury. Yes he has not played since, but hopefully he will be back next week. That said, the main part of the Tarrant deal was pick number 8, so we'll see how how both Paul Medhurst and Ben Reid perform in comparison to Tarrant in time.
Once again, he has kicked 10 goals in 5 games and your highest scorer Rocca, has kicked 12 from 6. The next best is a couple of 7 goals from players who have had 6 games.
You just don't get it do you? Tarrant has gone backwards after 6 games of 2007 compared to his performances after 6 games of 2006. That is the only point of this thread. If you want to discuss Rocca, then start a thread about him as that he has nothing at all to do with this topic.
You're a joke trying to bring this kind of garbage.
Somehow I get a feeling that the truth hurts you, as there is no need to personally attack me! I have given you the truth to date regarding Tarrant's performances in 2007 compared to 2006. If you think that this is acceptable for the money he is being paid, and for what Freo had to give up to get him, then you are far too easily pleased. He has been fair to reasonable at best to date without ever looking like he is going to take a match apart. He has time to turn it around, but he has not done it yet. Do you understand?

So Chris Tarrant in a 2 man forward line playing for a supposed premiership favourite has had a better season than any Collingwood forward?

Ok thats fair enough, Taz has been superb, other than the fact his premiership favourite side is struggling near the bottom, the Pies are in the top 4 and we have more than 2 options to kick goals

Its a stupid comparison when we are winning without him and Freo is losing with him

You're kidding aren't you? When I wrote that, Pavlich had kicked 17 goals in 5 games which equals 74 goals in 22 matches. Now he has kicked 20 goals from 6 games, which equals 73 goals in 22 matches. If he is going to kick over 100 goals as you claim, then he had better get a move on. As I had said, he is on target to kick the same amount as last season when Tarrant wasn't there.So you agree with me then, is that right? After 5 matches of 2007, Tarrant had 52 possessions and has taken 29 marks, and kicked 10 goals. At the same time in 2006 at Collingwood, he had 72 possessions, had taken 41 marks and had kicked 11 goals. In other words, Tarrant had played better in the first 5 matches at Collingwood in 2006 when he was injured and had a self-admitted poor season than he had in the first 5 matches at Freo this season when fit.

After 6 matches of 2007, he is still behind his statistics of 2006 when he was at Collingwood, so if you are trying to claim that he has improved since he has moved to Freo, then you are wrong so far. It may happen as the season gets longer, but it hasn't happened yet. Do you understand me this time? By the way, what does being at Collingwood last season have to do with his poorer form so far this season at Freo?I'm confused. Again, you agree with me then do you? He was injured last season, but had a better season to date (after 6 matches) than he has at Freo this season when he is fitter.What are you talking about? Tarrant has less of the footy in 2007 than he had at this point in 2006. Do you understand this at all?And Tarrant has kicked 13 goals in 6 games, but please tell me what Rocca has to do with the fact that Tarrant was better at this stage of last season when he was injured than he has been to date at Freo.It's fact that he was better at this stage of last season than he has been after 6 games at Freo this season. He hasn't been exactly poor, but he has gone backwards from 2006 which was considered a poor season. Do you get what I am saying at all? I am trying to explain this as best as I can to you.Excuse me? There is no need to patronise me sunshine. I had never stated that Tarrant should have kicked 25 goals, and if I did say that, then please show me where I had said it. I simply stated that he was better after 6 games in 2006 than he has been after 6 games of 2007. Are you trying to deny that?Hold on a minute! You mentioned Farmer! It was you that brought him up! You said that Freo will be better when Farmer returns, but that was before he was suspended by the club, and I was just reminding you of the fact that he may not be available this season.He was dangerous in his first three matches this season, kicking 6 goals while carrying an injury. Yes he has not played since, but hopefully he will be back next week. That said, the main part of the Tarrant deal was pick number 8, so we'll see how how both Paul Medhurst and Ben Reid perform in comparison to Tarrant in time.You just don't get it do you? Tarrant has gone backwards after 6 games of 2007 compared to his performances after 6 games of 2006. That is the only point of this thread. If you want to discuss Rocca, then start a thread about him as that he has nothing at all to do with this topic.Somehow I get a feeling that the truth hurts you, as there is no need to personally attack me! I have given you the truth to date regarding Tarrant's performances in 2007 compared to 2006. If you think that this is acceptable for the money he is being paid, and for what Freo had to give up to get him, then you are far too easily pleased. He has been fair to reasonable at best to date without ever looking like he is going to take a match apart. He has time to turn it around, but he has not done it yet. Do you understand?

Many things there that can be contradicted, such as Pavlich taking 25 games to kick 71 goals in 2007. Things like he didn't take part in the majority of the preseason, so he's hardly as fit as he was early last year. He tapered off as the season went on, because of the degrading condition of his calves. You're making out as if he was injured all year, which simply isn't the case.

But don't worry about that piece of important information. Just go on and on in another half page post, pretending you know a thing about our great game.

To sum it up, Tarrant has kicked more goals than any Collingwood player in the first 6 games. And that's playing second fiddle to Pavlich.

Do 'you' understand?

Its a stupid comparison when we are winning without him and Freo is losing with him

You're the only person comparing anything here. We're discussing a single player. It is irrelevant how the teams perform. Would you say that Peter Sumich was a better fullforward than Ablett, because the Eagles beat them in two grand finals? Of course you don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just go on and on in another half page post, pretending you know a thing about our great game.
It's not pretending at all as it's quite obvious that I (a female in America) know more about footy than you do.
To sum it up, Tarrant has kicked more goals than any Collingwood player in the first 6 games. And that's playing second fiddle to Pavlich.
So? What does that have to do with Tarrant having less marks and less possessions so far this season than he had after 6 matches in 2006, which he admitted was a poor season?
Do 'you' understand?
I completely understand that Tarrant has gone backwards so far since he left Collingwood. I also understand that Pavlich is not close to the average required to kick 100 goals this season despite your claim that Tarrant will help him kick that many. I also understand that the more than 50 goals kicked by Farmer last season cannot be replaced.
Yeah thanks so much for Tarrant. He does wonders for our forward line. The 50 goals he'll kick this year, won't compare to the 100 Pavlich kicks because of his presence. When Farmer comes back it will only get better.
Yes that was your first post regarding this, and how wrong you have shown to be so far. Tarrant was better at the same stage of last season when he was at Collingwood, and Pavlich is not on target for 100 goals, and Farmer may not play again this season.

Both Pavlich and Tarrant had better lift their game.

It's not pretending at all as it's quite obvious that I (a female in America) know more about footy than you do.

Ever played a game? I played WAFL reserves and 200 A Grade League Amateurs games, which isn't amazing, but certainly puts things into perspective. You have quite an ego don't you....

So? What does that have to do with Tarrant having less marks and less possessions so far this season than he had after 6 matches in 2006, which he admitted was a poor season?I completely understand that Tarrant has gone backwards so far since he left Collingwood.

Have you even watched a game this year. Being in America, I imagine a Freo game is quite difficult to come by. Check his latest game on the weekend. Was exceptional and led us to win the game.

I also understand that Pavlich is not close to the average required to kick 100 goals this season despite your claim that Tarrant will help him kick that many.
Doesn't mean he won't. Come back at the end of the finals.

I also understand that the more than 50 goals kicked by Farmer last season cannot be replaced. Yes that was your first post regarding this, and how wrong you have shown to be so far.
People fill positions of winning players and the team structures differently, as shown with the succesful introductiuon of Adam Campbell to the forward line. Check the game...oh wait you cant.

Yes that was your first post regarding this, and how wrong you have shown to be so far. Tarrant was better at the same stage of last season when he was at Collingwood, and Pavlich is not on target for 100 goals, and Farmer may not play again this season.Both Pavlich and Tarrant had better lift their game.

If we want, Farmer will play. It's our choice and we've shown resolve to set a club standard. Tarrant is doing fantastic at Freo and has kicked more goals than any Pies player so far this year,as has Pavlich. So you think they need to lift there game....

Suggestion...Watch a game of footy before you come trying to pull this egotistical garbage.

Swear youre Caroline Wilson in exile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back