The ghost of Tarrant

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how no one's answered my question about which midfielder was available. Aside from that, we have a strong midfield when fit. Browne got injured, but has shown how good he is at the role. Likewise with Schammer. Black is back and getting some fitness after injuries as well. Hasleby is back after OP and hernia problems the last two years, not that he's a line breaker, but he feeds them.

Akermanis for one (despite how poor he is looking so far). Anyway I think his point may be that you almost went for broke (Polak, Medhurst, #13) to get a player that wouldn't really be a missing cog, but more a player who gilds the lily.

There were some ripper midfielders in the "super" draft... you chose to give them up for Tarrant... who will never get back to All Australian form and never be the difference you are looking for... as the years go by it will become more and more obvious you got bent over on this one

Year Team Games Kicks Handballs Disposals Marks Goals Behinds Tackles Hitouts Frees For Frees Ag.

2003 Collingwood 25 12.0 3.0 15.0 8.8 2.2 1.8 1.5 0.2 1.1 0.9

2007 Fremantle 6 11.2 2.7 13.8 6.8 2.2 1.5 1.8 0.3 0.5 1.8

(*Sorry about the format, but you'll figure it out)

Notice the similarities. He is playing with good form and will justget better has he gets to know how the players and team work.

As for the draft, we picked up Collard in the 30s, and only would have picked up Jetta before him, regardless of our pick. We weren't interested in Eastern States players.

Your comparing averages to a 25 game year to a so-far 6 game year. He will have to keep up that rate in order for the averages to be similar. Also he is down onall averages nearly so maybe he is past his best?

Your comparing averages to a 25 game year to a so-far 6 game year. He will have to keep up that rate in order for the averages to be similar. Also he is down onall averages nearly so maybe he is past his best?

He's had double calf surgery, which came late in the year, because he had to get traded. He's only going to get better. Medhurst on the other hand hasn'e even been able to take to the field.

He's had double calf surgery, which came late in the year, because he had to get traded. He's only going to get better. Medhurst on the other hand hasn'e even been able to take to the field.
We didn't trade for Medhurst, he's steak knives.. but looks quite handy all the same

Very happy being the only team with two top ten picks in the "superdraft"

We didn't trade for Medhurst, he's steak knives.. but looks quite handy all the same

Very happy being the only team with two top ten picks in the "superdraft"

Well you get what you pay for. Medders is certainly just that...steak knives. Don't forget steak knives are given to you with other products that can't sell by themselves. Cheap gimmicky products.

Wow you have made some stupid comments in this thread hoogs.

We weren't interested in Eastern States players.

C'mon you really believe that the Dockers would instantly dismiss over 50% of the draft because of where they lived? I highly doubt it...but then again it is the Dockers.

Don't forget steak knives are given to you with other products that can't sell by themselves. Cheap gimmicky products.

Cheap gimmicky products? So two draft picks in the top 10 can't sell by themselves?:rolleyes:

Mate, quit before you get further behind than you already are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that was there tactic SURELY they'd have picked Polak, the highly touted Western Australian KPP over Judd.

Who cares, it is Freo's tactic, evident in the fact that WE picked up Polak, the West Aussie. We were burnt in episodes such as Jeff White and Troy Simmonds. We only picked up one young player in the rookie draft from interstate. They all get homesick, particularly if they're from Vic. Thank god Pavlich is probably going to stay.

Who cares, it is Freo's tactic, evident in the fact that WE picked up Polak, the West Aussie. We were burnt in episodes such as Jeff White and Troy Simmonds. We only picked up one young player in the rookie draft from interstate. They all get homesick, particularly if they're from Vic. Thank god Pavlich is probably going to stay.
You have the worst draft/trade history of any club so I can see why you are so invested in the Tarrant deal

But if you don't win a flag within 3 years then it will be deemed a miserable failure and we'll have an emerging 6ft 6 fast as lightening superstar

Chris Bryan >>>>>>> Chris Tarrant!!!

Chris Byan. Holy **** he is worse than all 3 clokes. Lazy as **** and cant play ruck nor chf or chb. He can kick it but thats it. I agree with the freo supporter. You have no full forward and roccas gonna retire soon. Travis cloke can not kick and sean rusling will never be the same. the shaws and dane swan are holding your team

Chris Byan. Holy **** he is worse than all 3 clokes. Lazy as **** and cant play ruck nor chf or chb. He can kick it but thats it. I agree with the freo supporter. You have no full forward and roccas gonna retire soon. Travis cloke can not kick and sean rusling will never be the same. the shaws and dane swan are holding your team
I think everyone is starting to realise just how good our kids (Thomas Cloke Pendlebury H Shaw etc) are... and they don't even know about Brown Dawes Reid Goldsack etc yet

So you keep polishing those spoons while we become contenders

I think everyone is starting to realise just how good our kids (Thomas Cloke Pendlebury H Shaw etc) are... and they don't even know about Brown Dawes Reid Goldsack etc yet

So you keep polishing those spoons while we become contenders

Hmmm sorry to burst your bubble but even WE dont know much about these kids, they can all turn out to be duds for all we know, every kid reacts differently to the rigours of AFL football.

Hmmm sorry to burst your bubble but even WE dont know much about these kids, they can all turn out to be duds for all we know, every kid reacts differently to the rigours of AFL football.
Sorry to burst your bubble in return but I have seen enough of these kids at U18 and reserves level to know a high percentage of them will make it and not only be servicable but some will be stars

But I'm sure you can find support for your theory in the Carlton cheer squad this week

You have the worst draft/trade history of any club so I can see why you are so invested in the Tarrant deal
Since 2000 we've been good. Can hardly expect too much more from us, considering we were setup like a WAFL club with no Eastern States scouts and little to work with.
But if you don't win a flag within 3 years then it will be deemed a miserable failure and we'll have an emerging 6ft 6 fast as lightening superstar
He can play for another 6 years. Look at Gehrig. He used to cop it when he was in his 20s at the Eagles.

He can play for another 6 years. Look at Gehrig. He used to cop it when he was in his 20s at the Eagles.
Tarrant relies on his speed and mobility.. Gehrig is a goal square gorilla that relies on strength and bodywork.. the minute Tarrants speed goes he is gone... you'll be lucky to see him over 30.. besides we were talking about your premiership window which will have closed long before 6 years... you have 3 years tops.. then the experiment will be deemed a failure without a flag or a success with one..

I know where my money is

Tarrant relies on his speed and mobility.. Gehrig is a goal square gorilla that relies on strength and bodywork.. the minute Tarrants speed goes he is gone... you'll be lucky to see him over 30.. besides we were talking about your premiership window which will have closed long before 6 years... you have 3 years tops.. then the experiment will be deemed a failure without a flag or a success with one..

I know where my money is

lol, 3 years? You don't know much about our list.

All we will lose is McManus, Cook, Parker and Bell (the only one of importance of the four).

They have been great players, but we have plenty of young players. Most of our best players are 25 and under. Tarrant himself is only 26, one year older than Medhurst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back