Universal Love The Giants No.1 Fan

Remove this Banner Ad

illnino

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2005
Closeburn, QLD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey guys, bit of a story here so bare with me.

My (rather large) family consists of Hawthorn, Essendon and Carlton supporters... but not my little sister, she went against the grain and has been a mad GWS supporter since the club's inception into the AFL. And I mean mad. She cheers and cries and rides all the emotions through every game.

Anyway, my little sister, who has (and would resent the term "suffers from") Cerebral Palsy, just celebrated her 13th birthday and recieved the best birthday present that she could have ever asked for (her words). We decided to record it, and ended up posting it to the Giants Facebook page. To our surprise, the Giants not only shared the video (which now has over 15,000 views in just a few days and a bunch of lovely comments which my sister just adores being read out to her), but they have also promised tickets for her to see her first ever live game this year in Brisbane where we live. She has not stopped talking about it since. You will not meet a more passionate little girl in your life when it comes to footy. Oh, and her favourite player and future boyfriend is Jeremy Cameron according to her...

Well sorry for the long-winded post but I hope you guys get as much of a kick out of the vid as we did, and I hope you don't mind me intruding (and don't mind the handsome bloke in the clip either :p)

Last edited:
Hey guys, bit of a story here so bare with me.

My (rather large) family consists of Hawthorn, Essendon and Carlton supporters... but not my little sister, she went against the grain and has been a mad GWS supporter since the club's inception into the AFL. And I mean mad. She cheers and cries and rides all the emotions through every game.

Anyway, my little sister, who has (and would resent the term "suffers from") Cerebral Palsy, just celebrated her 13th birthday and recieved the best birthday present that she could have ever asked for (her words). We decided to record it, and ended up posting it to the Giants Facebook page. To our surprise, the Giants not only shared the video (which now has over 15,000 views in just a few days and a bunch of lovely comments which my sister just adores being read out to her), but they have also promised tickets for her to see her first ever live game this year in Brisbane where we live. She has not stopped talking about it since. You will not meet a more passionate little girl in your life when it comes to footy. Oh, and her favourite player and future boyfriend is Jeremy Cameron according to her...

Well sorry for the long-winded post but I hope you guys get as much of a kick out of the vid as we did, and I hope you don't mind me intruding (and don't mind the handsome bloke in the clip either :p)

Awesome stuff :p

My daughter has autism and has similar pangs about the club.
But this girl beats her by a million miles,Thanks for being the good brother.bless you and the family.
Take an extra 5 out of the till next time .

I saw this on Facebook and had a tear, immediately showed my wife who also cried. Just Beautiful
God Bless

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back