News The Ginnivan Rule - AFL cracks down

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, I can tell you this. If there is no support shown on the field, then the opposition players will continue to do it for the whole game no matter how much support he gets behind closed doors. So no, it's not utter rubbish..it is fact.
The way footy is being sanitised, not sure apart from a gentle push and shove what the players can do. We seem to be heading for finals is it worth a suspension? Or in the heat of the moment 50 metres?

What worries me more is how Ginnivan is handling it as his form seems to have dropped off the past 3 games or so.

Well, I can tell you this. If there is no support shown on the field, then the opposition players will continue to do it for the whole game no matter how much support he gets behind closed doors. So no, it's not utter rubbish..it is fact.
Lol, yeah right. If opposition players saw our guys firing up and giving away frees / 50s in retaliation they would only do it more often. It would not dissuade anything!

Support Jack behind closed doors, and keep pressure on the AFL through exposing how the officiating is differently. Our guys going in and starting some melee would not stop it at all.

That would be the opposite of fact.

This will cause the opposite of what you think will happen. Pies players remonstrate then give away frees, 50m penalties and face suspension. The opposition now knows how to get under our skin and will ratchet up the Ginnivan targeting. The dinosaur days of "making them think twice" "teach them a lesson" and all that on field blatant thuggery died decades ago. There's no way players nowadays are going to jeopardise on field success for dumb square ups.
So what you are saying you are OK with opposition players targeting our players, but not with our players targeting opposition players??
Fair dinkum!!!

So what you are saying you are OK with opposition players targeting our players, but not with our players targeting opposition players??
Fair dinkum!!!
How about you tell us what actual actions our players should take instead of vague terms like targeting and we'll discuss the repercussions.

Fair dinkum!!!

The days of “flying the flag” are over. The way you show physicality towards the other team is by hard fair play. Like McCreery. Dumb remonstrations are exactly that.

Refer Jamie’s 50 to Guelfi(I think it was him?).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now that is a pitiful response....Why???really?
What benefit can you prove? The group has probably talked about it - we know Fly has talked to Jack about it.

I trust them a lot more than I do those who are thirsting for a biff on BigFooty

Because to not remonstrate says that you don't care.

To not react says to other teams that his teams mates won't protect him.

I'm not asking for violence, but I want them to get in the face of the pricks that do it. I want them to pull the bastards off him quick smart when it happens. Stick up for him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because to not remonstrate says that you don't care.

To not react says to other teams that his teams mates won't protect him.

I'm not asking for violence, but I want them to get in the face of the pricks that do it. I want them to pull the bastards off him quick smart when it happens. Stick up for him!
But they do, for the most part. They remonstrate to the umpires and react to the opposition players. We've even now got players like Adams and Cox going to social media.

It seems like a pretty clear directive that we don't want to get sucked in to anything.

Bullshit Swipey we needed to start a melee……..record fines for every Pies player flying the Flag.

We did nothing…….soft.
Would have been soooo good to give up frees and potentially 50s in a game decided by less than a goal aye? * yea!

Screw the 4 points and winning, we need to show how big and tough we are! Hoo-ah!

Call time lads!!

I think all of us just want Jack Ginnivan to receive a fair go, like all the other AFL players.

Now that a real heavyweight has weighed in I just wanna see how Brad Scott, Dan Richardson and Gil try and blame the kid from now on.

Would have loved our administration to have said it before Leigh did though.

There's an expected standard in all sports of being sportsmanlike. This means you treat every player with a duty of care but on occasion people go beyond what's considered fair play. What it mean's to remonstrate isn't to give away a stupid 50 meter penalty but its to basically say, 'If you guys are going to play at that degree of intensity then we're going to match that'. You start entering contests harder and make the opposition work for it, all thing's that are considered within reason. Long gone are the days of getting into a melee but in a game thats largely physical, bumps and niggles do add up to affecting a players performance as well as the psychological aspect of what it brings also.

I'm glad Lethal has called the AFL out for the poor treatment of Ginnivan. It's a lot more difficult for them to victim blame and obfuscate now. The broader media are something else though. They whip up a storm and create the issue then when Ginnivan gets predictably targeted they're up-in-arms. There's no accountability there, they're quite happy to milk both sides of the story, while dodging any responsibility themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back