Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia won't make it to the final 4. you heard it here first

Saffers, New Zealand, England, India with Pakistan the (real) dark horse
That was clear from the start.

I went to bed during the innibgs break. Wish I didn't, would've been awesome seeing the Poms get skittled.
I went to bed after Stokes went out.

ScrappyCoCo did you play against Malcolm Marshal when he played a season of club cricket in Melbourne??

sub-question for everyone else: Who is the most well known player you have come up against?? eth-dog you would have a story wouldn’t you??

(inspired by a conversation I had with my brother in law who was telling me he played against Damien Fleming as a kid and he couldn’t see the ball when he faced up to him and would pick up ”5 fors” every week)

ScrappyCoCo did you play against Malcolm Marshal when he played a season of club cricket in Melbourne??

sub-question for everyone else: Who is the most well known player you have come up against?? eth-dog you would have a story wouldn’t you??

(inspired by a conversation I had with my brother in law who was telling me he played against Damien Fleming as a kid and he couldn’t see the ball when he faced up to him and would pick up ”5 fors” every week)
Well known as in from cricket or just generally?

I've played with Greg Stafford and Toby Greene. I've played against Mark Stevens (utter piece of s**t)

No mate...never played the game. Just my off spring. Marshall played against our local team in sub district as did Warne and Fleming and probably many more (what my boy plays in when he is in Aus). My kid has played against Tillakaratne (and a few other ex Sri Lankan test players), Pucovski, Rummans, Jake Fraser McGurk, Will and Annabel Sutherland and many more around or just under state level. He was supposed to play Chris Gale and those superstars that got caught up in that crime thing with an Endeavour Hills player stealing money to get a heap of stars out. But that fell through. He was also suppose to be a net bowler for the Poms on XMAS day 5 or so years ago but that also got cancelled on the morning.

played against jye caldwell (and football with him too, when we were both younger) and i think my brother played with sam harper (wk for vic (i think?) and the stars in the big bash))

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought we were in all sorts of trouble when India got off to a flyer with the bat.
Great bowling and fielding effort to get us back into it.
Great captaincy from Cummins too.
Went to bed at half time so I am looking forward to the replays of Travis Heads knock.
i was impressed by how good cummin’s bowled in the first change. really set the tone in dampening the effectiveness of Kohli/Rahul for a huge chunk of the innings.

bravo, i didn’t see us winning personally but watching it we looked like a different team than what we started the tournament as

first test today, part of me hopes that warner fails because i dislike him, but the other part of me wants him to play well so prove the haters (me) wrong
I agree with the first half of the statement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back