The Hangar Meat Head Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to tell when RIG's taking the piss these days.

I met a guy at the gym who'd recently been let out. He said all they did was lift weights and play cards.

He said they had whey and creatine readily available, too. It sounded like a minimum security place, obviously.

Ah alright man; I was thinking they'd only have 3 meals and be lucky to consume 100g of protein.

Hey guys, Im 17 and about 191 cms, and im pretty lanky. Im a tick under 80kgs. I dont go to the gym, however fitness first has got their holidays deal where adolescents get in free, so im going with my friends 2 days a week there over the holidays

Im quite weak in my upper body, so i was wondering what i should do whilst at the gym to work on each part. Obviously besides the normal stuff like bicep curls, push ups etc.

also, what's an average weight that someone of my build and age should be bench pressing when they start out

cheers guys, dukes :thumbsu:

Bench whatever you feel comfortable doing. I was in your position... not the lanky part but weak upper body strength. I started off pretty light, might have been two 15kg dumbbells and just progressed when I felt I could lift more. Technique > all.

inb4GWrages@bicepcurls

Bench whatever you feel comfortable doing. I was in your position... not the lanky part but weak upper body strength. I started off pretty light, might have been two 15kg dumbbells and just progressed when I felt I could lift more. Technique > all.

inb4GWrages@bicepcurls

Thanks heaps mate. Whats the proper way to bench press? So i dont hurt myself, and actually do the exercise properly

inb4GWrages@bicepcurls

As a beginner I'd do chinups, but curlz get the gurlz so no rage at bicep curls.

As to bench pressing, I'd use DBs (better for your shoulders in the long run) keep your elbows tucked in i.e dont let them flare out to the sides. Try and arch your back, squeeze your shoulder blades together and brace core etc.

Happy lifting bro.

There is plenty of stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUcjOIZc80c that'll give you good tips as well.

As a beginner I'd do chinups, but curlz get the gurlz so no rage at bicep curls.

As to bench pressing, I'd use DBs (better for your shoulders in the long run) keep your elbows tucked in i.e dont let them flare out to the sides. Try and arch your back, squeeze your shoulder blades together and brace core etc.

Happy lifting bro.

There is plenty of stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUcjOIZc80c that'll give you good tips as well.

Thanks a lot george :)

Still really pissed off with my body.

2nd week back at gym since being out of action for 2 weeks due to illness and my lifts are still way off.

Dropped them 10% from my max last week and struggled. Trying to push them slightly higher this week, but still struggling.

Really hoping my body decides to recover soon as it's really frustrating struggling with what would be my last warmup set usually.

Yeh, hoping so.. still annoys me lifting weights like a girl.

All though the 10 weeks of my cut i managed to keep them the same weight if not slightly higher.. so now lifting at weights i was using 3-4 months ago is annoying.

(Just noticed the name change)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back