The Hip Hop Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward to watching this now...

Anyone got any nominations for best verse ever? Don't wanna derail the thread too much but was thinking about it the other day and want to hear some opinions... just love it when someone says **** it and goes in.
This is a tough one to think of...

Prodigy in Shook Ones II
RZA in Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuttin' Ta F Wit'
Inspectah Deck in C.R.E.A.M.
Nas in What Goes Around, If I Ruled the World
2Pac in Str8 Ballin', Dear Mama, I Ain't Mad at Cha
Immortal Technique in Dance With the Devil, The Point of No Return
Eminem in Lose Yourself, The Way I Am, When I'm Gone, Marshall Mathers, Like Toy Soldiers
Ice Cube in Check Yo Self, Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It, F*ck Tha Police
Krayzie Bone in Resurrection, Crossroads
Dr. Dre in Forget About Dre, Still D.R.E. and Ain't Nuttin But A 'G Thang

Too many to think of, but these stick out in my mind...!

Really looking forward to watching this now...

Anyone got any nominations for best verse ever? Don't wanna derail the thread too much but was thinking about it the other day and want to hear some opinions... just love it when someone says **** it and goes in.

These are probably my favourites -
R.A the Rugged Man on Uncommon Valor
Nas 1st verse on Verbal Intercourse
Andre 3000 3rd verse on Royal Flush
Canibus on Beast From the East
Masta Killa 4th verse on Guillotine (Swordz)
Royce Da 5'9" on Motown 25 (though Elzhi's is fire as well)
Masta Ace 1st on Revelations
Nas 1st on The Message

Heaps more but they are the pick of them. Obviously there are classics like Inspectah Deck on Triumph, Prodigy on Shook Ones Part II etc but those there have had the most influence on me when listening to Hip Hop.

Gza on Killa Hills, and Nas' first verse on One Mic.

R.A the Rugged Man on Uncommon Valor

First one that came to mind for me too.

My other favourite is Joell Ortiz in Slaughterhouse's Green Lantern Freestyle. 7 minutes of pure awesomeness.

And closer to home I've always loved the verse starting at 3.50 on this track. Don't even know who it is but he's f**king smooth.

I agree with some of the verses already mentioned, and would add these to the list:

Killa Sin's verse on Bronze Nazareth's "Bronzeman". Epic.

Jus Allah and Vinnie Paz on "Blood Runs Cold".

Trem on Brad Strut's "Bounty Hunters".

Chris Judd is a big fan of Lyrical Commission, he did a small promo for Trem's most recent album.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if these guys have been mentioned on here yet, but check out the Doppelgangaz. Really nice beats, smooth flow, dope rhymes. Probably one of my favourite new groups at the moment. Check em' out! Highly recommend.

Doppelgangaz are awesome. Randomly stumbled across their EP Ghastly Duo a few years ago and have been hooked ever since. They just did a remix of Whole Wide World with another of my favourites in Apathy.

A mate got me onto uMaNg recently and I've been listening to him daily since. Guy has skills! Highly recommend his album with producer Kickback called First Impressions.

And a track off his new album Lasting Impression, which I haven't heard yet, but if it's anything like this one, it's gonna be good.

Death Grips leak their own album for free out of no where, gets pulled down by their label.

Can't say I love NO LOVE DEEP WEB on first play through, like I did Exmilitary and Money Store.

They leaked it because the Label didn't have plans to release it until next year sometime. This was on twitter. The next tweet was, 'The record label will hear it for the first time at the same time as the fans", then linked to their site with the DL :D

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' The Heist Deluxe editions have been delivered ('gator skin and all), so plenty of rips already floating around

:hearts:

Everything you would expect from these two.

Would be sick if they released a vinyl deluxe edition gator skin package. Would definitely pick that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back