The Hip Hop Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope your joking. Kanye West has no claim to releasing one of the best albums.
He very much does. The production on Graduation is first class. Kanye might not have the lyrics of other hip hop artists, but what he puts together is brilliant. Alot of people judge Kanye by his character and forget about the music.

new kendrick leaked...

Oh and to the guy above you say that in five years no one has bettered an album which yourself concede is done by a guy who "doesnt have the lyrics of other hip hop artists". pls go

new kendrick leaked...

Oh and to the guy above you say that in five years no one has bettered an album which yourself concede is done by a guy who "doesnt have the lyrics of other hip hop artists". pls go
Not sure if serious. You realise how important production is in hip hop?

Of course but there are many albums with good production and good lyrics.

Not that I even have a problem with Kanye, just that its odd for you to put it as the best album of the last five years while conceding it has a major flaw.

And I wouldn't say Kanye's lyrics are a major flaw. But they aren't the greatest going around. I struggle to find hip hop album since as good as Graduation though. Channel Orange is brilliant but I'm not so sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair enough dude. what about OBFCL 2 ?

I havent listened to graduation for a long time, so i cant really judge...
Not real big on Wu-Tang.
I do like Undun by The Roots though, I do like Tyler and Earl as well.

And I wouldn't say Kanye's lyrics are a major flaw. But they aren't the greatest going around. I struggle to find hip hop album since as good as Graduation though. Channel Orange is brilliant but I'm not so sure.
Yeah, not sure you actually know what hip hop is. It's definitely not Channel Orange, apart from like 1 verse from Andre.

10 better albums than Graduation since 2007:
The Preface
Below the Heavens (few months before Graduation)
The Renaissance
When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint that s**t Gold
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Part II
How I Got Over
Gas Mask
W.A.R
Untitled
Oneirology

Talking Kanye West would say Watch the Throne is better then Graduation even if it is a collab so yeah there has been much better albums even by himself.

I don't give a damn about Kanye's production as that is pop and has no place in the hip hop thread...

this is what I consider a guilty pleasure which is what people probably consider him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back