The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought this was pretty good - http://westsidelute.bandcamp.com/album/west1996 (free download)

Obviously reminding me of old Nas.

Not big on Aussie stuff but saw the band Horrorshow live a few years ago and was left very impressed.

Would be good if outkast did another quality album (unlikely) De La Soul have been quiet lately, got fingers crossed they've got new stuff coming out soon.

Thought this was pretty good - http://westsidelute.bandcamp.com/album/west1996 (free download)

Obviously reminding me of old Nas.

Not big on Aussie stuff but saw the band Horrorshow live a few years ago and was left very impressed.

Would be good if outkast did another quality album (unlikely) De La Soul have been quiet lately, got fingers crossed they've got new stuff coming out soon.

Pretty sure Andre 3000 has an album out this year ;)

Did you check out Big Boi's "Sir Lucious Left Foot?" I saw his live set after he released it- hands down the best live hip hop i've ever seen. Dude f***ing slayed.

Did you check out Big Boi's "Sir Lucious Left Foot?" I saw his live set after he released it- hands down the best live hip hop i've ever seen. Dude f***ing slayed.

Yeah I've got that album and love it! Took a few spins to warm up to it. Have not seen any of outkast live but have seen videos of big boi and he's def on my list of rappers to see live, somewhere near the top.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone been keeping up with the albums that have dropped recently? Like Young Money, Freddie Gibbs, YG etc?
Love Madlib's work from the new FGs album. It's what you expect from Gibbs, but its far far better than ESGN.

Love Madlib's work from the new FGs album. It's what you expect from Gibbs, but its far far better than ESGN.

From the albums that have dropped recently I rate them in order:

My Krazy Life - YG
Oxymoron - ScHoolboy Q
Cocaine Pinata - Freddie Gibbs
Rise Of An Empire - Young Money
Mastermind - Rick Ross

Lmao I gave Rick Ross an 8/10 too.

Also the one album I'm super excited for is B4.DA.$$ by Joey Bada$$.

so i just found out that will.i.am and some guy from the black eyed peas that isnt will.i.am were signed by eazy e and were on his song merry muther*in xmas

the_more_you_know.jpg

Last edited:
I'm one of the harshest rap critics you'll find, being a rock fan primarily....

But God damn, Chance The Rapper's album 'Acid Rap' is something else. Finding this has improved my night tenfold. Great vibes.

So far this year, Cilvia Demo by Isaiah Rashad is my favourite. Listened to Freddie Gibbs and Madlib's album for the first time this morning and I liked it but probably need at least another listen to a proper gauge on what I think of it. Some great beats on it though.

Must say also that I've listened to Black Milk's No Poison No Paradise, YC the Cynic's GNK and Flatbush Zombies' Better off Dead quite a few times recently and they're all fantastic. Makes me much more impressed with 2013's stock of rap albums. Particularly loved YC's album. Some really intricate lyrics on that one.

Most excited for Run the Jewels II and Killer Mike is supposed to be also dropping another solo project this year. They're the most consistent presences in hip hop right now as I see it. Psyched for those ones.

So far this year, Cilvia Demo by Isaiah Rashad is my favourite. Listened to Freddie Gibbs and Madlib's album for the first time this morning and I liked it but probably need at least another listen to a proper gauge on what I think of it. Some great beats on it though.

Must say also that I've listened to Black Milk's No Poison No Paradise, YC the Cynic's GNK and Flatbush Zombies' Better off Dead quite a few times recently and they're all fantastic. Makes me much more impressed with 2013's stock of rap albums. Particularly loved YC's album. Some really intricate lyrics on that one.

Most excited for Run the Jewels II and Killer Mike is supposed to be also dropping another solo project this year. They're the most consistent presences in hip hop right now as I see it. Psyched for those ones.

Did you hear R A The Rugged Man's album for 2013. Legends Never Die. It was my fav for the year. Here is a couple of singles from the album.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back