Player Sponsorship (the Mighty T and Beeg going to Copeland Cup Dinner)

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't think suggesting that we donate the extra money to a forum friend who shared his cancer battle with us would cause insult.

For those who where around at the time were very upset to hear he had passed. It was literally just over three years ago. I know many of us thought of him in 2010 so thankful he got to fulfill his wish of us winning a premiership. I still think that was part of the reason that kept him fighting!

If honoring a friend and supporting a charity that helps people with the condition that eventually killed our friend is insulting, then hell I'm the biggest bitch in the world. And s**t, I'm proud to be a bitch.

I think it's only fair that those contributing to the Player Sponsorship voice their opinions here.

Everyone has had the opportunity to be involved and made their decision accordingly.
It's poor form to be making suggestions, or judgments, when you haven't made a donation.

Not in draw for Home Game season ticket:

dubber
the mighty T
GutsyBug
meisterbot
Vicky Park
Shellz
neilK
Maggie5
lobaiga
Gone Critical
Premier Pies
Seldom Seen Kid
Pera
Kirby

I don't need them either as I have a 18 Game Reserved Seat Membership

Drum roll!!!!

The other lucky winner of the Season Ticket is. (Big pause)

100volt1

Congratulations (hands clapping, loud cheers)

If you PM me your address I'll send you the member pack:)

Congrats and well Deserved

I think it's only fair that those contributing to the Player Sponsorship voice their opinions here.

Everyone has had the opportunity to be involved and made their decision accordingly.
It's poor form to be making suggestions, or judgments, when you haven't made a donation.

Agree MG but the guy fronted his post with I didn't donate so my opinion doesn't count.

It's poor form for suggestions to be rudely shut down as mine was as well. It was a suggestion, which in a past sponsorship I think this is exactly what we did. I am entitled to an opinion as I gave $200 to the sponsorship. I am allowed to speak!

I didn't think suggesting that we donate the extra money to a forum friend who shared his cancer battle with us would cause insult.

For those who where around at the time were very upset to hear he had passed. It was literally just over three years ago. I know many of us thought of him in 2010 so thankful he got to fulfill his wish of us winning a premiership. I still think that was part of the reason that kept him fighting!

If honoring a friend and supporting a charity that helps people with the condition that eventually killed our friend is insulting, then hell I'm the biggest bitch in the world. And s**t, I'm proud to be a bitch.

Shellz, I wish you would have not been so upset by my post. I did not reply to you, I specifically replied to a member that in my opinion was very judgmental, with no right to be so.
I admire your feelings for Didaka and your dedication to his memory.
I can not share those feelings, for the simple reason I actually joined this forum after his unfortunate passing. I was not dissing your suggestion, I simply was ALSO stating my own suggestions.
I donate to cancer charities many times a year for my own personal reasons. I would be happy to set up a Didaka/Cancer/any other donation fund on our board.
I took extreme offence to two members of our board making judgements when neither one was a contributor to sponsoring a Collingwood football player. I feel they were out of line.

If honoring a friend and supporting a charity that helps people with the condition that eventually killed our friend is insulting, then hell I'm the biggest bitch in the world. And s**t, I'm proud to be a bitch

In no way did I insinuate anything in the above quote. I am sorry you are still hurting, but, please do not suggest I am a heartless, cold person and it is hurtful to suggest I know nothing about cancer and its killing.
Put your suggestion in the poll...if others agree, I certainly will not ask for my money back, I will go with the majority. But like you I get a right to give my suggestions.

Shellz, I wish you would have not been so upset by my post. I did not reply to you, I specifically replied to a member that in my opinion was very judgmental, with no right to be so.
I admire your feelings for Didaka and your dedication to his memory.
I can not share those feelings, for the simple reason I actually joined this forum after his unfortunate passing. I was not dissing your suggestion, I simply was ALSO stating my own suggestions.
I donate to cancer charities many times a year for my own personal reasons. I would be happy to set up a Didaka/Cancer/any other donation fund on our board.
I took extreme offence to two members of our board making judgements when neither one was a contributor to sponsoring a Collingwood football player. I feel they were out of line.

If honoring a friend and supporting a charity that helps people with the condition that eventually killed our friend is insulting, then hell I'm the biggest bitch in the world. And s**t, I'm proud to be a bitch

In no way did I insinuate anything in the above quote. I am sorry you are still hurting, but, please do not suggest I am a heartless, cold person and it is hurtful to suggest I know nothing about cancer and its killing.
Put your suggestion in the poll...if others agree, I certainly will not ask for my money back, I will go with the majority. But like you I get a right to give my suggestions.

You took extreme offence at someone suggesting some money goes to charity and you took extreme offence at me for suggesting you have gone over the top in the original extreme offence...

Oh well, I don't have the money to donate to the Collingwood football club at the moment so I guess I can't have an opinion in this thread, this'll be my last post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lozza63 and GutsyBug have a sensational day at the match tomorrow!

Hope you enjoy each other's company and the game is a blinder, with the Pies finishing in front :):rainbow:

Well what a relief to finally have winners for the Season Tickets and Anzac Day Tickets.
Congratulations to our lucky winners so far.:)

Now we can move onto the other prizes, which are as follows

* Two tickets to attend Collingwood's exclusive President's Club function in Round 19 v Port Adelaide at the MCG on Sunday 3 August 2014
* 2014 guernsey signed by your sponsored players/s and Captain
* Sponsored player/s photo and Certificate of Appreciation

There is also two tickets to attend an exclusive function with your sponsored player/s however we don't send any physical tickets out, there is just a door list on the day. Information regarding this will be sent with the signed Guernsey!

Please note that whoever wins the guernsey is going to have to pass on this information to the 2 winners of the tickets to this function. (I also get the Club to email them directly)

So Quicky will draw these soon.

The other matter that needs to be decided is what to do with the remaining Sponsorship money. There is $768 in your kitty.
(NB there was originally $850, but I bought the 2 Anzac Day tickets for $70, and I have spent $12 for postage of the season tickets)

There are a couple of options:
President’s Club Function (you already have 2 x Round 19 in this):
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/Collingwood/Club Promos/2013 - Club Promos/140115_PresidentsClub.pdf

Alternatively purchase Merchandise through the Club – full range on the website - http://shop.collingwoodfc.com.au/

There is enough money to buy 2 tickets to another President's Club Funtion ($385 each)
Adelaide Crows Round 18 at the MCG
Western Bulldogs Round 13 at Etihad
or 2 more to the Port Adelaide game

So I will add a Poll and try to keep it simple

If there is something else that you would all prefer to do then please say. I think we need to put a time limit on it, so how about a week from tomorrow (April 23rd)

hope this is not information overload.:D
MG

Do we have the option to buy Copeland tickets?

Well what a pleasure to meet
GutsyBug
GB - apologies mate for being so late!

I must say i had a great day with him - soaked up a wonderful atmosphere - a moving ANZAC prelude - survived a Bomber 1 st quarter rampage - yelled our guts off at Swan's mastery and belted out 6 or 7 renditions of "Good Old Collingwood Forever"

Thanks BG!:D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back