Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't find our thread here, but since Varcoe's departure, I have ads online again. Can explain sometime.
Anyway, any themes?
Was wondering if we have ever covered one-hit wonders.

Couldn't find our thread here, but since Varcoe's departure, I have ads online again. Can explain sometime.
Anyway, any themes?
Was wondering if we have ever covered one-hit wonders.
Think I read on the Cockatoo sponsorship thread that people will see ads now that Varcoe's sponsorship has finished, and before Cockatoo's begins (if that makes sense!).

I like the one hit wonder idea. :thumbsu:
Someone like James1970 will likely come along and tell me they've had lots of hits :D, but I can only think of one by this band-

Think I read on the Cockatoo sponsorship thread that people will see ads now that Varcoe's sponsorship has finished, and before Cockatoo's begins (if that makes sense!).

Someone like James1970 will likely come along and tell me they've had lots of hits :D, but I can only think of one by this band-

You explained it really well. The ads covered the page, thought this thread had been removed!
What about

Some debate this was a hit, but it was very listenable.

The Romantics had a couple more hits. :D But nothing as big as What I Like About You (which was a bigger hit here than anywhere else, thanks to Countdown).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

catgal23, that's obviously Soft Cell's most well known song but this one is their best, imo (I won't post the "banned" version, don't wanna upset the kiddies ;))

As for more 1 Hit Wonders...

catgal23, that's obviously Soft Cell's most well known song but this one is their best, imo (I won't post the "banned" version, don't wanna upset the kiddies ;))

As for more 1 Hit Wonders...

Sex Dwarf is a great song. You made me all curious to watch the banned version again-there's a lot happening in that clip. :cool:

For another One Hit Wonder, and maybe for the best in this case, although I love the singer's "walking dancing" :D...

I think 1 hit wonders are my favourite songs, I'm loving them lol.

Mickey was MINE Pivotonian, had it in my mind all day to post!!! It's a great song. But here's another-

Had that Crash Test Dummies song in my head for months after it's release. :eek:

Temporary interruption to the theme to send some love to the BF sisterhood on International Women's Day, and to the BF guys for loving (at least tolerating :D) us. :rainbow:

A classic from Aretha...

This one was written by PJ after being rejected. :( Great song...

Had that Crash Test Dummies song in my head for months after it's release. :eek:

Temporary interruption to the theme to send some love to the BF sisterhood on International Women's Day, and to the BF guys for loving (at least tolerating :D) us. :rainbow:

A classic from Aretha...

This one was written by PJ after being rejected. :( Great song...

A great rendition of this classic in light of your timely reminder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back