Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to laugh when people use the ignore function

Why do these people bother posting on a forum if they're so intolerant to the opinions of others that have to resort to blocking the people who don't agree with them.
If used selectively it's a godsend and improves the BF experience immensely!

Was an AFL reserves team though, it would have meant the same as Whiskas coaching the maggies to a flag this year
Is that better experience or not? I guess the environment may be more afl like as the majority of your opponents are afl seconds teams.

The point being, you can't rate Basset's time at Norwood and not rate Bolton's at Box Hill based on the standard of competition. Apples with apples.

there are some differences

the box hill club exists within the Hawthorn broader structure and with this Bolton coaching would have been heavily inffluenced and supported by the AFL club.

Norwood on the other hand totally independent with no affiliation with a AFL club which goes without saying all their success was Bass driven

Sure, and Bassett took a struggling club and rebuilt it. Box Hill have been strong for ages. As I said, I'm not advocating Bolton, just suggesting that there's a bit of double standards in disparaging his experience.

The point being, you can't rate Basset's time at Norwood and not rate Bolton's at Box Hill based on the standard of competition. Apples with apples.
No but you can rate Fred after having 2 premiership's as a senior coach to Bolton's none. I agree with what you'rd saying & I'm not bagging Bolton just saying at SaNFL & VFL level, Fred has Bolton covered.

After one of the most disappointing seasons on record (since the last one) we need some good news.

So far all we have heard is Roo will make it better.

CEO gone

Coach gone

Dangerfield not going anywhere.......for now

So far so good and as a bonus we have snagged a very promising CEO.

I like what I'm hearing without getting too carried away so I'm willing to be patient. If at the end of this silence from the AFC we hear of a major signing or 2....I will be very happy..... But anything less than this could be a case of another mediocre 3 years of excuses and pain.

I'm not religious but I'm praying to whoever will listen that we have not taken the cheap way out and are about to appoint another rookie coach. That has been done to death at this club without any success. If past history means anything it tells us that Craig and Sando were the wrong choices.

Our only successful coach was a man who was revered in this state and the right man at the right time.

Bolton & co are not what the Crows need right now. They need someone who will tell the membership and supporters that next season will be one of the most exciting this club has ever had. The blueprint is there. AO is waiting. Our list is busting for someone to bring the best out of them, not just a spike either but a sustained period of success that puts our club back on top in this state and makes us reviled by opposition supporters for the right reasons.

But the clubs greatest asset is its supporter base. I was amazed that this group suffered through the nonsense dished up at their new home ground. The club owes them a headline grabbing appointment. They need to get this right.
Bolton won't provide inspiration over another long preseason. In fact it would provide comfort to the enemy.

The last thing we need is to appoint an unknown who may or may not be a good AFL coach. Not this time around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, and Bassett took a struggling club and rebuilt it. Box Hill have been strong for ages. As I said, I'm not advocating Bolton, just suggesting that there's a bit of double standards in disparaging his experience.

Like Uve said Bassett rebuilt the club from the ground up.. From the little I know I don't think you can compare it.

Bass walks in a turns around a basket case instantaneously. He creates a culture and system that includes the entire club, Eg. Juniors . He loses players to the AFL system, because of his coaching, yet still wins the premiership the next year. Ohh and they win the year after he leaves because of the structures he has set in place..

I know little about Bolton but boxhill played in the GF this year. The hawks have great depth meaning boxhill flourishes from this. That is through good recruiting by the Hawks. Bolton takes over Clarkson when he is sick and has 5, I think, wins. Two are completely unconvincing and they were against Carlton and GWS... The same team wins the premiership.. He is applauded for that? They still have the entire coaching staff there apart from Clarkson.

If it IS between Bass, Dew or Bolton. I can picture the interview process, Dew with the old "yeah nah". Bolton probably s**t himself with Roo firing questions at him, he just comes across as a Ned Flanders... Okaley Dokaley Roo! A brutally honest Bass will pull no punches, no doubt will have given old Roo a chubby under the desk.

I'd be quite surprised if Bass doesn't get the job.

If it IS between Bass, Dew or Bolton. I can picture the interview process, Dew with the old "yeah nah". Bolton probably s**t himself with Roo firing questions at him, he just comes across as a Ned Flanders... Okaley Dokaley Roo! A brutally honest Bass will pull no punches, no doubt will have given old Roo a chubby under the desk.

I'd be quite surprised if Bass doesn't get the job.

Great post.

You just can't picture Bolton being eyeballed by Roo and holding his ground. I'm not saying he can't, but it's bloody hard to picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back