• Brett Kirk

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolton & co are not what the Crows need right now. They need someone who will tell the membership and supporters that next season will be one of the most exciting this club has ever had.

I disagree with this. We have to be patient and be realistich where we are it which is a fair way off it at the moment. The new coach will need time to patiently buld the list over the next couple of years. Success doesn't happen overnight you have to work on it.

Great post.

You just can't picture Bolton being eyeballed by Roo and holding his ground. I'm not saying he can't, but it's bloody hard to picture!

I'm answerable to this guy? That's it, I'm outta here!

324vU.gif

If it IS between Bass, Dew or Bolton. I can picture the interview process, Dew with the old "yeah nah". Bolton probably s**t himself with Roo firing questions at him, he just comes across as a Ned Flanders... Okaley Dokaley Roo! A brutally honest Bass will pull no punches, no doubt will have given old Roo a chubby under the desk.

I'd be quite surprised if Bass doesn't get the job.
THIS! hahahahaha

Bass just conjures up so many great on field memories.

That amazing run from defense and goal, the record for marks taken and who can forget the 'heart on the sleeve' dummy spits where he would projectile his mouth guard into the turf. Passion. Love it.

Not to mention the chubby that Dennis Commetti will have if Bass becomes a senior coach ;)

Bassett is about as palatable a replacement coach as we are gonna get, and we all think he needed a couple more years as a AFL assistant before he would be really ready.
I don't think that

After one of the most disappointing seasons on record (since the last one) we need some good news.

So far all we have heard is Roo will make it better.

CEO gone

Coach gone

Dangerfield not going anywhere.......for now

So far so good and as a bonus we have snagged a very promising CEO.

I like what I'm hearing without getting too carried away so I'm willing to be patient. If at the end of this silence from the AFC we hear of a major signing or 2....I will be very happy..... But anything less than this could be a case of another mediocre 3 years of excuses and pain.

I'm not religious but I'm praying to whoever will listen that we have not taken the cheap way out and are about to appoint another rookie coach. That has been done to death at this club without any success. If past history means anything it tells us that Craig and Sando were the wrong choices.

Our only successful coach was a man who was revered in this state and the right man at the right time.

Bolton & co are not what the Crows need right now. They need someone who will tell the membership and supporters that next season will be one of the most exciting this club has ever had. The blueprint is there. AO is waiting. Our list is busting for someone to bring the best out of them, not just a spike either but a sustained period of success that puts our club back on top in this state and makes us reviled by opposition supporters for the right reasons.

But the clubs greatest asset is its supporter base. I was amazed that this group suffered through the nonsense dished up at their new home ground. The club owes them a headline grabbing appointment. They need to get this right.
Bolton won't provide inspiration over another long preseason. In fact it would provide comfort to the enemy.

The last thing we need is to appoint an unknown who may or may not be a good AFL coach. Not this time around.

Well it's all well and good to want a "headline grabbing appointment" but reality is this was never going to be a realistic option. If you go through the list of coaches that fit that criteria and are out of contract you may come up with 1 name, that's it. Lets stop kidding ourselves on this issue.

People thinking that a "great" coach is just going to walk out on their current club whilst still under contract are messing with their own minds.

The most realistic option was that we would get a rookie coach with an experienced senior assistant.

Now the Crows may have something up there sleeve but given what and who is available the percentages don't favour us getting an experienced premiership coach, they never have.

Please don't fall for these Clarkson trolls who have old accounts with FA posts, we've probably already built up various media stories based on bullshit. There is more power in these forums than I'd want to admit and there are some people who could advantage from leading you all astray or at least be laughing their ass off at you. We do have enemies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bass at Norwood.
2010-2013Norwood91 (68-23-0) 74.7%

Vs Bolton

2003-2005
2009–2010

Nth Hobart
Clarence
Box Hill Hawks

60 (37-23-0)
21 (12-9-0)
41 (26–15–0)
Imposing record for Bass.

I like the consistency despite turning over large player numbers.

Strong indicator that it was all about the system, not individuals

I don't think that
We all loved Bass as a player, he was a quality backman & he is obviously very good with getting the best out of senior footballers. He's unique, isn't a sheep, would bleed for our club, hates the power & has more passion for The Adelaide Football Club than all other candidates & is just as experienced. Let's get his signature !!

Please don't fall for these Clarkson trolls who have old accounts with FA posts, we've probably already built up various media stories based on bullshit. There is more power in these forums than I'd want to admit and there are some people who could advantage from leading you all astray or at least be laughing their ass off at you. We do have enemies.
Mate - in general I agree with you.

However, what I personally can't get my head around is what do we 'lose' by choosing to believe such a troll? It's not like we're reporting nationally and losing credibility. it's not like we might make hasty trading decisions and not get the best deal for the club. We're just shooting the breeze. Anyone promoting discussion is adding value to varying degrees.

Curious to know what 'power' you are referring to.

So was it just me, or was Bone even more negative than usual? Any time Rowie mentioned the word Bass, he went into negative spin mode and just came up with excuse after excuse as to why he shouldn't be hired with s**t like 'not being compared equally because of no expectation'. I know he has a man crush on Bolton, but he needs to stop with the biased bullshit and anti crows sentiment. I hope Bass does get hired, because the interviews will be interesting to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back