Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd still be locking Xerri in for round one. Eight weeks is enough recovery time for a fractured cheekbone.

He'd also have a decent chance of playing against the Saints in our final practice match.

Touch wood, but unless we pick up further injuries we might only be missing Logue come round one.
Yeah should be fine for round 1

But to your latter point I’d be very (pleasantly) surprised if we managed to not pick up another injury in the next 2 months before round 1

It’s really not that bad.

Xerri and Corr are effectively fine.

McDonald is on schedule.

Fisher is minor and should be back with 1-2.

Leaving archer, ford and Thomas as the only longer term worries and all should be ready to play early in the season.

Logue the only one guaranteed to miss round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some notes from yesterday re some of our injured players.

“PC, Fish, Greenwood, Scott all good to play some time against Collingwood"

“Archer, LMac, Ford will do two big sessions a week rather than one match sim. All will play some time against the Saints”

“Archer, LMac, Ford will do two big sessions a week rather than one match sim. All will play some time against the Saints”

Any update on Goad?

A little concerning we haven't seen him in anything since that concussion, I was really looking forward to seeing how he'd go this preseason against Xerri.

Given some of his elite athletic traits and sheer size, I was tipping he was going to give him a lot of problems.

He really is a key building block to this side now in the future.

Any update on Goad?

A little concerning we haven't seen him in anything since that concussion, I was really looking forward to seeing how he'd go this preseason against Xerri.

Given some of his elite athletic traits and sheer size, I was tipping he was going to give him a lot of problems.

I think Greenwood mentioned in the broadcast yesterday that they are just managing his loads. Don’t think there is too much to worry about with the concussion.

Any update on Goad?

No concussion issues, just conditioning now.

Posted this in the preseason thread:
“Goad is not playing. Kevin said no issues, he is so far behind AFL standard atm. Will be right to go by round 3. Just building him up slowly.”

What’s the go with Corr? Surely is ready to play some game time in 1 of the matches? The injury list has him under reconditioning..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back