Universal Love The Positives of 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
13 positives for 13 premiership, let's GOOOOOOO!!!!

1. Jack Riewoldt reached 300 games and kicked 700 goals. His 300th was a ripper and he played a blinder. Congratulations Jack!

2. Daniel Rioli's move to Half Back has shown glimpses of a career rejuvenation. Hopefully he can grow into this role.

3. Maurice Rioli Jnr will have 3 senior games under his belt by the end of the season - perfect lauching pad for 2022.

4. Riley Collier Dawkins finally debuted! He has shown promise and will be someone to pursue with next year.

5. This off season provides the senior men, one big rest - Broad, Balta, Soldo, Nankveris, Lambert, Cotchin, Martin, Prestia, Grimes, Astbury, Houli, Edwards all banged up after winning three flags. Hopefully a big rest incoming and one plea from Hardwick - The Next Dance - Let's go for it, one more time 💪

6. Our fans got to attend some games this year. Richmond also smashing their previous best membership record during Covid - Over 105,000 members!

7. No one took our crown in September. We simply took it off, and hit the showers 😂

8. Dylan Grimes got through the season miraculously uninjured. He has had a history of soft tissue and hamstring, ankle issues, but he got through the year!

9. Damien Hardwick seems really happy this year, win, lose or draw. It's amazing what good sex does for a person. 😂 our 3x Premiership coach deserves happiness.

10. Games into our younger players who've been starved of opportunity.

11. A solid draft hand this November, I look forward to all the many experts who've suddenly begun watching the under 18s.

12. A massive pumping by GWS to end our campaign, no band aids over cracks on the wall, can't hide away from a loss like this. Hopefully Benny and Peggy can help recalibrate.

13. Some big milestones next year, Shane Edwards on track for 300 games.

Bonus: Hardwick finally dropped Aarts and Castanga!

*Negatives are everywhere else, genuinely stick to the positive here - please add more positives!*

I think Liam Baker has been huge for us this year.

Been thrown around as a back, wing, mid and forward, and been consistently good all year. Will poll very highly in the best and fairest.

I think his best position is as up forward with stints in the middle. With Baker and Bolton we have a couple of really good young mid-forwards. Just need to find some pure mids to slot in alongside them in future years.

13 positives for 13 premiership, let's GOOOOOOO!!!!

1. Jack Riewoldt reached 300 games and kicked 700 goals. His 300th was a ripper and he played a blinder. Congratulations Jack!

2. Daniel Rioli's move to Half Back has shown glimpses of a career rejuvenation. Hopefully he can grow into this role.

3. Maurice Rioli Jnr will have 3 senior games under his belt by the end of the season - perfect lauching pad for 2022.

4. Riley Collier Dawkins finally debuted! He has shown promise and will be someone to pursue with next year.

5. This off season provides the senior men, one big rest - Broad, Balta, Soldo, Nankveris, Lambert, Cotchin, Martin, Prestia, Grimes, Astbury, Houli, Edwards all banged up after winning three flags. Hopefully a big rest incoming and one plea from Hardwick - The Next Dance - Let's go for it, one more time 💪

6. Our fans got to attend some games this year. Richmond also smashing their previous best membership record during Covid - Over 105,000 members!

7. No one took our crown in September. We simply took it off, and hit the showers 😂

8. Dylan Grimes got through the season miraculously uninjured. He has had a history of soft tissue and hamstring, ankle issues, but he got through the year!

9. Damien Hardwick seems really happy this year, win, lose or draw. It's amazing what good sex does for a person. 😂 our 3x Premiership coach deserves happiness.

10. Games into our younger players who've been starved of opportunity.

11. A solid draft hand this November, I look forward to all the many experts who've suddenly begun watching the under 18s.

12. A massive pumping by GWS to end our campaign, no band aids over cracks on the wall, can't hide away from a loss like this. Hopefully Benny and Peggy can help recalibrate.

13. Some big milestones next year, Shane Edwards on track for 300 games.

Bonus: Hardwick finally dropped Aarts and Castanga!

*Negatives are everywhere else, genuinely stick to the positive here - please add more positives!*
The only positives this season is covid is still here I love jabs.
Souvlakis have dried up (good I can't afford them cause of a fine)
Mrs. Hardwick is free I may have a chance unless that Tiger 71 gets in first ( He is more popular)
The season is over I can calm down A little.

Mansell looks like he'll make it.
Stack has probably saved his career.

Just need some help in the middle and a lot practice kicking the ball forward of centre and we'll bounce back.

Go Tiges.

1. Stack getting back to his best across the HB line
2. Rioli also finding a home in the D50
3. RCD getting his chance and showing some promising signs
4. Dow coming in the last couple of weeks and giving a glimpse
5. Mansell coming from the clouds to become a solid contributor down back
6. Ralphsmith getting a taste
7. CCJ getting a run at it and showing his talent
8. Despite a raft of injuries we were in the hunt for the 8 until the second last round. Along the way plenty of kids got a taste and will be better for it in 2022

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Rioli's re-emergence which not surprisingly has coincided with at last our small forwards being made accountable. That you can't survive by simply protecting space and adopting a certain running pattern.

The opportunity to rejuvenate the list is a huge plus. A Threepeat would have been great, but history shows that winning a threepeat is the best way to destroy a list. See how quickly Hawthorn and Brisbane dropped off after their Threepeat as examples. After multiple years of having access to pretty much no young talent, the list quickly disintegrates, after the senior players drop off and the depth players seek opportunities at other clubs. A year of no finals could actually help us extend our premiership window. I am not saying that it will but having 4 picks in the top 30 of this year's draft is a major plus. In 2014 we clawed our way into finals, were smashed by Port Adelaide and then we went back to the draft and took 5 quality young players who played crucial roles in helping us build our dynasty. Hopefully, this year's draft, can be the foundation for our next dynasty

They cut us off at the knees in that WCE game in Perth...we were on the way up to make a run for the Finals...
We staggered on bloodied and legless...and then they got us again...with some close games against us...
We still managed to crawl...bloodied and battered...into the penultimate game against the 2019 GF contestant only to be freely white maggotted...
It was so close!!!!

Lots of positives.

Jack 300/700.
Bolton signed on.
CJ showed a bit.
RCD got his debut and looked OK.
Dow looked better albeit not ready.
Graham went to another level IMO.
Mansell was a great pickup.
Nank found his best form albeit between injuries.
Parker has looked OK I reckon.
Ralph looks alright.
D Rioli finally found a position where he's not complete crap.
Stack is back and looks ace.

Long off-season will be nice for the older guys.

Strong draft hand > need to nail this to secure our 5-10 year future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back