"Goddess"
Friday, September 22

First Preliminary final
Adelaide v Geelong at Adelaide Oval, 7.20pm ACST

Saturday, September 23

Second Preliminary final

Richmond v Greater Western Sydney at the MCG, 4.45pm AEST

Pathway-to-the-Grand-Final_flags_GWS.jpg

Last year both teams that leapt to the prelim lost. It will be interesting to see how Adelaide and Richmond have handled their second bye in 3 weeks.

I'd back Richmond and Adelaide marginally based on a home ground advantage.

However, Geelong and GWS looked underdone in the first week but played themselves into form this weekend - the team playing 3 weeks in a row may have the wood on those who don't.

Please GWS beat the tiges next week... the hype of the media and arrogance of supporters winning their first final in like a billion years is too much to take :drunk:

My favourite bit is how they are ALL so loyal and stick fat through the tough times.
Richmond actually had a crowd only just make 6,000 at one game in Melbourne against Eagles one year when they were crap. I had a Richmond mate that was meant to be going with me to one game when I was a teenager pull out at last moment as it was wet and he sense we would flog them. Never forget these type of things. Yet clowns like Luke Darcy with a memory that goes back proverbial 5 minutes would tell a completely different story in the media coverage. I admire the 5 to 10,000 genuine loyal souls they stick by their club in hard times but the bandwagoners that come out of woodwork to try to jump on in much better times and claim 70,000 were always there supporting them is one of the biggest con jobs ever that amazingly so many buy into.

Whole finals series has been a boring snoozfest bar the port vs wc game, think i'll pass on watching either with 4 reasonably average sides left in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect the Friday night game to continue on the yawn fest, Geelong will get poleaxed.

I think the tigs v giants match will be an absolute ball burster, I'd love to see 90000 tigs supporters balling their eyes out at once over a single figure loss

Please GWS beat the tiges next week... the hype of the media and arrogance of supporters winning their first final in like a billion years is too much to take :drunk:
It's inevitable GWS will win seeing as though Tigers fans have already penciled in making a Grand Final.
It reeks of Melbourne's Pre Finals arrogance. Very 'Richmondy'. :p

I expect the Friday night game to continue on the yawn fest, Geelong will get poleaxed.

I think the tigs v giants match will be an absolute ball burster, I'd love to see 90000 tigs supporters balling their eyes out at once over a single figure loss
Lose by 1pt, with Lids kicking the winner after the final siren from the boundary, that would make my year.

To be completely honest, I can't see GWS beating Richmond.

Fair enough to pick them at home, but not at the G, when they couldn't during the year. Not in front of 95000 fans, all of which - excepting twelve people behind the goals wearing the orange they got for free - will be baying for Richmond. And not when they still go to pieces when subjected to anything resembling finals pressure.

They just don't want it enough yet. None of their players wanted to really rub it in, against WC; none of them had anything to prove. They were just better, so they won, but they let WC have significant entries and allowed them to get on top for large parts of quarters. If they do that against Richmond, they'll lose.

The only way GWS get up is if they come out breathing fire, and really put it up the Tigs early. Richmond play well if, and only if, they win the midfield battle early; take that away from them, and drag Rance out of the backline, and watch the goals rain in. One/two quarters of perfect football - the way St Kilda did, a month or two back - and the tigers will be done.

GWS can do it, it just comes down to whether they show up willing to fight hard enough. I haven't seen them do it yet.

Giants board has just ticked over into the 4th page of their preview thread for the next final.

Went in and reminded them they have one job and begged them not to screw it up. Hope they are up to the task.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back