Carlton v Brisbane Prelim Qld Meetup Friday 22nd - 7PM Buffalo Bar

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard from Wickzicki, people.
He has booked

Buffalo Bar, for 7pm... to eat, drink and watch the Pies v GWS game.

1695371107322.png

Table for 10 with room to expand if necessary.
Hope to see lots of you there.
💙

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember there was talk of a meetup at the pineapple before the last final Carlton played at the Gabba. I remember meeting a couple of people there but cant remember if I ever met the Chief. I just have bad memories of the final quarter and Bradshaw ripping our hearts out.
Yeah I was there.

I live near Coffs, Toormina Hotel or Moonee Beach Hotel best pubs around to watch live sport by a mile
Won't make it to Qld by Friday night. Staying in Coffs Harbour, apparently near an RSL and Bowls Club in Park Beach, so will watch it there.
What's the go for Saturday's lead up to the game?Won't make it to Qld by Friday night. Staying in Coffs Harbour, apparently near an RSL and Bowls Club in Park Beach, so will watch it there.
What's the go for Saturday's lead up to the game

What's the go for Saturday's lead up to the game?
Have been giving this some thought.

Parking near the GABBA can be a nightmare especially for someone with limited mobility. The busways are pretty fantastic as it drops you off right across the road from the ground.

Will be parking at Garden City and jumping on the bus. Might do lunch then head to the ground aiming to get there (GABBA) around 3:00/3:30..

Busway is free for anyone with a game ticket. I recommend anyone who hasn't pre-booked parking and isn't coming from the city to do similar.

Happy to meet with anyone at GC or near/around the GABBA if convenient. Happy to rearrange my schedule and arrive earlier if necessary.

Parking near the GABBA can be a nightmare especially for someone with limited mobility. The busways are pretty fantastic as it drops you off right across the road from the ground.

Will be parking at Garden City and jumping on the bus. Might do lunch then head to the ground aiming to get there (GABBA) around 3:00/3:30..

Busway is free for anyone with a game ticket. I recommend anyone who hasn't pre-booked parking and isn't coming from the city to do similar.

Happy to meet with anyone at GC or near/around the GABBA if convenient. Happy to rearrange my schedule and arrive earlier if necessary.
I will be catching the train from Helensvale. Was going to get off at Park Rd and walk to Gabba precinct.

Very much guided by others.

If anyone is going to the captain's run today I'll be there with my partner and son. I'll be the guy with the walker. Feel free to stop me and say hello.

If not then we have the Buffalo Bar this evening.7pm

Last edited:
Have grabbed our booking table a bit early.

If you come in, were the tall table under the TV and next to kitchen serving. You'll see me and my son wearing Carlton hats.

AFLW. is on the tv

Have grabbed our booking table a bit early.

If you come in, were the tall table under the TV and next to kitchen serving. You'll see me and my son wearing Carlton hats.

AFLW. is on the tv
I just got back from the physio and am lying on the couch for an hour or 6 :)

I just got back from the physio and am lying on the couch for an hour or 6 :)
. Hope you're holding up all right mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wishing you all all the best. If I wasn't across the ditch, I'd be there. Have a great night tonight, and even greater one tomorrow.

So glad you're finally seeing your fam mate. That's what it's all about.

Thanks to you and Aphrodite

Go Blues!!

That’s what I thought of when I saw the venue. Didn’t want to say anything because I didn’t want to out myself as an old bugger.
cruise-601527_1920.jpg

I will be at the game tomorrow. What time is everyone getting to the Gabba precinct and is there a meet up? I’m aiming to get there by 2-2:30.

What would you recommend for driving down from Sunshine Coast? I'm planning to go to the Morrison Hotel supporter function from 2pm. Looked into the shuttle bus from Chermside however it seems they don't start until 3:15.
Are there simple options on regular buses or trains or is it worth just taking chances getting a park somewhere in the Gabba area and walking?

What would you recommend for driving down from Sunshine Coast? I'm planning to go to the Morrison Hotel supporter function from 2pm. Looked into the shuttle bus from Chermside however it seems they don't start until 3:15.
Are there simple options on regular buses or trains or is it worth just taking chances getting a park somewhere in the Gabba area and walking?
Closest would be about 2km away. Maybe coorparoo train station. Or a side street past the Princess Alexandra hospital/Woolworths Woolloongabba area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back