Hot Topic The President, CEO & the Board - CARLTON SUPPORTERS ONLY!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malthouse has to stay, we brought him in to do a job and he has to deliver on that (I'd like him to tone down his media persona though).

We certainly should benefit from a new president & CEO subject to who those people are.

As for the board, the first thing that needs to happen is that there is a general election which results in those with the least votes being removed so that the board gets reduced to the correct number it should be (9 ??).

After that, every board member can only stay on for a maximum of three years and then they have to be voted back in again. They are in blocks of three meaning that every year, there are three places on the board up for grabs, that way it ensures there is a freshness to the make-up as well as keeping them all honest.

Thing is, Effendi, on Footy CLassified tonight, he hesitated quite a bit when asked whether he had it in him to stick around for a rebuild. Anyway, that's the impression that I got.

Thing is, Effendi, on Footy CLassified tonight, he hesitated quite a bit when asked whether he had it in him to stick around for a rebuild. Anyway, that's the impression that I got.

I suspect that MM doesn't think that we need a full rebuild or was just neatly dodging the question since nobody at Carlton has confirmed that we will be entering a rebuild yet.

Well we should just shut up shop eh?
hahaha 2 losses,...bad losses yeah!...ok, disgraceful losses if you like, but we aint done yet.
Better to get this s**t outta the way early. I have faith in our players where most seem to agree with the
s**t the media is feeding us with. This same list pushed Hawthorn,Geelong, Fremantle and Essendone* just last season.
A few of those games we practically beat ourselves, but we were right in all of them.

We had some poor losses and losses by small margins, but in general we were very competative.
Yes we scraped into the finals due to those cheating pricks being suspended, but if Norf can be touted as top 4 fancies
due to a few close losses then we could expect top 6, considering the positive inclusions to our list.

People underestimate how an interrupted pre-season due to surgery can hamper a fast start to the season.
I believe our fitness will improve and so will our confidence. It's just a coincidence we are lacking both at once,
and a good reason to why we're struggling. Maybe i'm an optimist, but i'd love to see one of those
Channel7 intros casting everyone's mind back to our turbulent start to the year, but how magically we
turned it all around.

The team and club need supporters at the games making noise and supporting our players, not being passive and
silent throughout the game only to go ballistic after we have lost.
People talk about how our list are introverts. Well alot of our supporters are too.
I've been critical of Murph's body language and lack of aggression, but it seems to have engulfed the whole club.

I just hope the players have taken offence to the way their coach was attacked on tv tonight and they
come out firing. s**t, i'm fired up from seeing it!
I hate how our club is being attacked and the last thing the players need is to be attacked from within!
One in all in!!
Thanks for your patience :)

I just hope the players have taken offence to the way their coach was attacked on tv tonight and they
come out firing. s**t, i'm fired up from seeing it!
I hate how our club is being attacked and the last thing the players need is to be attacked from within!
One in all in!!
Thanks for your patience :)
Yeah, that sounds like us.

One and same are they not? Not too many people would open themselves up like that on national television.

He's in the tumblewash atm, when he comes out in 2 months,

....deader than disco.

s**t, this is shampoo, rinse, spin, he's put his name on the line, President is going, there's big money floating about, Money boys are shouting from the curtains, for sure we're after one of the big 4 coaches............

This is Carlton.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my point is that you don't play or participate in sport to sit in the shadows. It's all about the accomplishments, the pats on the back. He is proud of his accomplishments and will rightly back up when questioned by the likes of Carro
and Hutchy when they are speaking nonsense and commenting on heresay.
I felt he was ambushed by the lot of them, and it was an attack. He was defending himself, the players and the club.
Can't complain with that.

my point is that you don't play or participate in sport to sit in the shadows. It's all about the accomplishments, the pats on the back. He is proud of his accomplishments and will rightly back up when questioned by the likes of Carro
I felt he was ambushed by the lot of them, and it was an attack. He was defending himself, the players and the club.

Appreciate the passion, good words.

On the fence with this bloke, sure he takes the hits, can he use it...

If MM just passed the buck to his players and didn't bother to defend the club or the players then I wouldn't hesitate to criticize Malthouse for it. We don't need Carlton bagging itself when the media will already do that for us. If Carlton doesn't stand up for itself then nobody will.

I'd be interested to know the thoughts of coaches that have signed with clubs that have done this in the past and how that affected their recruiting process. St Kilda springs to mind, as does Richmond. It's one thing to agree with a coach that says they need to rebuild the list and they will be given the time to do so, its another to actually demonstrate that is the case when things aren't going so well.

Talk to Dennis Pagan.

Ratten unforunately never had the full backing of the board at any point in his career and Carlton didn't do their due process when they hired him. Ratten however can not complain after he put the spotlight on himself with his "we will make top four" comments before the season had started.

Regarding the current list I think something happened between the Richmond and Essendon game that really hurt this team's mental state and I would like to know what it was. The thought of a Carlton team running out and showing no effort against our most hated enemy was unimaginable before rd 3.

Season 2011 showed all the right signs that we were on the up and up, though I agree, for Ratts to come out and say that, he was setting himself up.

I would also like to know what has caused the team to drop their bundle so dramatically. Against Richmond, we continued the infuriating habit of conceding a big lead early, but at least there was some genuine fight to get back into it - negated by poor kicking from certain players.
Then one week later, no will to win at any stage. WTF?!

Carlton Blues could reboot the Elliott era, with John’s son Tom[
Club sources confirmed that his name had been mentioned as a likely replacement for Kernahan, though no papers had been lodged or official representations been made.

It is believed Elliott appeals as a compromise candidate after the board split uncomfortably behind Loguidice, managing director of a property investment company, and Trainor, who runs a successful entrepreneurial business.

Some like Elliott because his background is similar to David Koch, who has quickly and effectively turned around Port Adelaide since he took over as president of the South Australian club before the start of the 2013 season.
Carlton Blues could reboot the Elliott era, with John’s son Tom[

Would be a wise move to have a President who isn't linked to either camp.

Sticks cops a lot of criticism, but imagine being President and trying to deal with the Pratt and Mathieson camps.

Pass.

I was looking for honesty last night and all I got was deflection, denial and a massive cop-out.

I understand that he had to protect the club and the players but surely being honest about where we are at is going to keep supporters more interested right now.

Yes, that is part of his job but there is so much discontent around at present, you really need the coach to give some level of hope and confidence for the future.

Are we breaking the laws? I don't see any drug scandals or salary breaches here? Are we going backwards financially? What's messy here?

Just wait is this big scandal or problem with our committee.

The only mistake they have possibly made is keeping our last recruiter too long and not upping that department early enough.

Best to get our onfield team right first.

You can have the dodgiest off field staff and it's no issue but as soon as your team falls apart it's problems at board level.

I was looking for honesty last night and all I got was deflection, denial and a massive cop-out.

I understand that he had to protect the club and the players but surely being honest about where we are at is going to keep supporters more interested right now.

Yes, that is part of his job but there is so much discontent around at present, you really need the coach to give some level of hope and confidence for the future.
The bold statements dont necessarily go hand in hand in a time like this - If he says that he honestly thinks the list is shot (which is what you seem to think) and it will take 5 years to rebuild, then you lose all hope and confidence in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back