Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool-soccer
Ok we have 7 weeks remaining.
The draw we have is envied by alot of other clubs.But it's not easy.
How far are the pies from running into top form?
How will the inclusion of senior players like presti,clement,buckley,rhyce shaw,lonie effect the existing side?Who gets dropped ?
Will we still have the killer instinct as we get closer to the business end of the year?
Remembering we cannot afford to drop any games (like last year) to bottom sides!Can we win the next 5-6 rounds?How and Why?
If and only if we secure atop 4 possie,we somehow make the garnd final regardless of the opposition and Bucks is playing,have we got the incentive to win the big one for him? Or don't wqe have the cattle to do it?
Supporters the floor is yours?
All comments appreciated.

One thing I think you can discount is too many injured players coming back in.
The Pies have really cocked up as far as keeping people abreast of Buckley, Clement, Presti etc: I don't think they have any idea when any player will return at this stage.
To me it seems Bucks will not play at all this year.
MM says 2 weeks before the finals....thats another five weeks.
If they have to go that far they're only guessing.

MM says 2 weeks before the finals....thats another five weeks.
If they have to go that far they're only guessing.

Did you see/was you listening to the interview?

MM said that the LATEST Bucks could come back was 2 weeks before the finals and said this to signify that there was no rush. That's why he said "Working back from the finals....... blah blah"

I'm still very confident will be there;)

If we can at least get Presti and Shaw back that should be enough fingers in the dyke to keep the ship afloat, to use a mixed metaphor. Bucks and Clement both have more chronic injuries, and I think Pie eyed is right, they aren't really certain. The bonus deal would be Clement in the next 2 weeks! With those 3 back we could afford to use Clarke and co more aggresively if he remains in, on form so far he and Goldsack should. If the forwards could just do that little bit extra for 2 more weeks and buy the thin black and white back line some time, then they may just make the top 4 on a wing and prayer, will need the guns back for the final 2 games though.

Personally speaking, sometimes I'm confident and positive about our top 4 prospects and other times I worry that we'll maybe only win 4 of our next 7 and scrape into the 8 (and then out in the 1st week of the finals).

I think youth is our policy, so let's stick with it. Makes us a bit of an unknown for the opposition when they have to plan against players like Cox, Isles, Reid, Goldy, Clarkey etc. So apart from Rhyse and Presti (and James if he ever gets fit again), lets build on the young blokes, as we have done to date. They show no fear, carry no baggage and they don't know what they can't do.

Keep the faith Pies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back