Prediction The run home - last 5 games

Remove this Banner Ad

88mph

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
We need to win at least 2 more games to make the 8 - assuming Dogs and Saints win all their games.

After last night, I'm not sure where that will come from.

Richmond L
Melbourne L
Dogs L
GWS 50/50
WCE W

I am backing us for three wins. Could be four. Of those games Melbourne and dogs are the hardest to pick.

The dogs can go with anyone through the middle but don’t have much of a backline.

We should be beating Richmond, GWS and WCE. If we can’t get three more wins out of that group of games we would have dropped off significantly.

We need to win at least 2 more games to make the 8 - assuming Dogs and Saints win all their games.

After last night, I'm not sure where that will come from.

Richmond L
Melbourne L
Dogs L
GWS 50/50
WCE W
Come on. If we can't get 2 wins from that with very few injuries I'd be shocked to my sox.

Holy crap this place kneejerks from one extreme to the other.

Win a game and we aren't going to lose for the rest of the season. Lose a game and we aren't going to win for the rest of the season.

A prime example of why coaches try calm down overly emotional supporters with sayings like it's never as good or bad as it seems.

Win a game and we aren't going to lose for the rest of the season. Lose a game and we aren't going to win for the rest of the season.

A prime example of why coaches try calm down overly emotional supporters with sayings like it's never as good or bad as it seems.
Yep footy fans are so short term reactionary.

I see losses the next two games. Fyfe should not be in the team, but he’s an automatic inclusion because of past reputation and thus a crown of thorns going forward for the team as a whole.
I’ll take you back to last week when we getting flogged in the middle in the first half, Fyfe moved into the guts in the second half and was instrumental in turning the game around, short. memory’s around here.

I see losses the next two games. Fyfe should not be in the team, but he’s an automatic inclusion because of past reputation and thus a crown of thorns going forward for the team as a whole.
Mate, are you for real? Fyfe got voted the second best player on the ground in the Saints game. Calm down.

The club is bigger than Fyfe. We are not the Fyfe Football Club. I say send him back to Peel and restore the dynamic we had without him, which was solid. We’ve suffered enough the past decades to screw it all up just to feel warm and fuzzy about playing Fyfe but ending up with nothing.

The club is bigger than Fyfe. We are not the Fyfe Football Club. I say send him back to Peel and restore the dynamic we had without him, which was solid. We’ve suffered enough the past decades to screw it all up just to feel warm and fuzzy about playing Fyfe but ending up with nothing.
Yes, but you still haven't addressed my point - that Fyfe was voted by media, coaches and pundits, as the second best player on the ground against St Kilda. There is probably 8-10 players I would drop before him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but you still haven't addressed my point - that Fyfe was voted by media, coaches and pundits, as the second best player on the ground against St Kilda. There is probably 8-10 players I would drop before him.
I couldn’t care less about what other people think. He does upset the team balance from my point of view. Thats way more important than his own personal accolades.

100%, if you asked me 24 hours i would've said we had 4 50/50 games in a row before the WCE/GWS games, and I still think that holds true now. Is it annoying that we squandered a game against a top 4 contender rival? heck yeah but there's 5 weeks left, and us, Brisbane and Sydney have all dropped games that we shouldn't have this year, the race is still very much on.

It’s been this way since I’ve been here. I find it hilarious.

Fyfe needs to stay the * out of the midfield.
He has destroyed the dynamic we had pre bye.
I would like him to keep building at half forward but you can't argue he is helping in the middle except for the 1 quarter against st kilda
Agreed. As I said, I like Fyfe and this is purely about team dynamic and having the best chance at winning games and going deep into the finals. Let’s see how it goes next week and against Melbourne, but if it’s the same, things really need to change desperately. But I fear the damage will have been done by then.

13 wins should be enough for finals.
We have five opportunities to seal the deal. 3 of the teams we meet will be in holiday mode
We will have to fall of the biggest cliff in AFL history to miss finals
Touch an entire forrest right now.

I’ve never been big on Fyfe as a player. Doesn’t defend, can’t kick for starters. We were playing just fine without him.
It's funny how everyone forgets the first St Kilda game, the Gold Coast game and the Collingwood games when remembering the golden period prior to Fyfe's return. Go back to those autopsy threads and you will see we had some shockers without his input.

This week v Richmond is another danger game. Fremantle tend to fold against the pressure. Just hope we hang on.
Suddenly going from premore shop favourites to possibly 5th is in danger.
******* losing to Carlton and Sydney with poor attitude and skill is disappointing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back