Radio The Sounding Board with Craig Hutchison & Damian Barrett (Podcast)

Remove this Banner Ad

Take a shot every time Damo responds to a topic of conversation with “I don’t know about that” or “I haven’t looked into that yet” or “I’m not equipped to comment on that” or any other iteration and you’ll have a great time.

There are so many disclaimers to everything he said it makes for a hard listen.

I think he would benefit in listening to an episode. Having a two minute legal and social disclaimer to every opinion doesn't make for good listening.

There are so many disclaimers to everything he said it makes for a hard listen. I think he would benefit in listening to an episode. Having a two minute legal and social disclaimer to every opinion doesn't make for good listening.
Ha! It's the same with some of the SEN guys. It's annoying. It's like, "...mind you, this is just my opinion, and I'm not a full-book on the issue.... Not that we condone violence, of course, but that was a great hit on Jezza. Drink responsibly, of course, but Boonie's a legend. Make sure you gamble responsibly, but I'm gunna bet my house on that horse."

Last edited:

The Seinfeld episode that ran for 15 minutes about airports - that was flat out no good.

Also Hutchy fundamentally misunderstands the reasons why private equity would want to enter the A-League.

Its definitely jumped the shark, I reckon the exact time it did was when they didn't give Kane Cornes the glass jaw award when he responded to Hardwicks comments that he makes stuff up to just get a reaction

Its definitely jumped the shark, I reckon the exact time it did was when they didn't give Kane Cornes the glass jaw award when he responded to Hardwicks comments that he makes stuff up to just get a reaction

It jumped the shark the moment that Hutchy became CEO of a media company and therefore no longer provided a strong opinion on anything even remotely controversial.

Damian Barrett has always had the intensity (and interest) level of a wet lettuce leaf.

Getting fed up with the "I didn't watch this but someone sent it to me" disclaimer. Who gives a stuff how it came to your attention, just get to the point. It's like they're at pains to show they don't watch ACA or Media Watch or read the Herald Sun.

Getting fed up with the "I didn't watch this but someone sent it to me" disclaimer. Who gives a stuff how it came to your attention, just get to the point. It's like they're at pains to show they don't watch ACA or Media Watch or read the Herald Sun.
Ha, yes! They feel the need to give the impression that they've got WAY more important and better things to be doing than ever be on the couch watching tv. It's like the people -- and this is one of my pet peeves -- who continually have to tell us they're not on any social media: "I'm not on social media, so I don't know what you're talking about." Brayshaw and Garry Lyon do it. :grinv1::laughv1:

One of my mates also does the latter. He's reasonably computer-savvy, but if I put a Facebook of Twitter page in front of him, he carries on like it's the first time he's seen a computer screen. He's goes: "What's this? What am I looking at? I dunno how this thing works. I don't know what you're showing me"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does annoy me is they do the question segment for barely 5 minutes and Hutchy goes 'Got a few to finish off with'

They get a lot comments and question on twitter so they could easily stretch it to 15 minutes and maybe cut 10 minutes off the main segment if they are stretched for time.

They really skimmed over the 'soundies' this year compared to other years. Admittedly the end of season 'awards' isn't the funny part of it and more the occasional mention it gets throughout the year. Don't mind that Jane is gone, got pretty tired of the greeny carry on. But they all did work well together

What does annoy me is they do the question segment for barely 5 minutes and Hutchy goes 'Got a few to finish off with'

They get a lot comments and question on twitter so they could easily stretch it to 15 minutes and maybe cut 10 minutes off the main segment if they are stretched for time.
I agree. I've said before that what bugs me is that they put the 3 bits out over 3 days. Because of this, I often don't bother with the questions/answers, especially if it's only 6mins long

Last edited:
I agree. I've said before that what bugs me is that they put the 3 bits out of 3 consecutive days. Because of this, I often don't bother with the questions/answers, especially if it's only 6mins long

There was a time when I really lost interest and I was only listening to the questions episodes.

There's a lot of interest on twitter about more Hammerheads content but maybe Hutchy doesn't want to spill the beans on some stories as he feels he might get some people in trouble.

I still don’t quite understand the point of the score card.
Using a scale of 1-to-10, they rate how much they agree with the statements put to them. For example: Ahern2Boof, out of ten, rate how much you agree with the following comment: 'Big Footy is the best internet forum that has ever existed in the universe'

They could do the same thing in a less 'snazzy' way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back