Autopsy The started-before-half-time All Time Insipid #norfball performance v. the team down the highway who shall not be named

Remove this Banner Ad

This is insane maybe but I saw plenty of positives. Not like last week. Our #1 issue is getting beaten around the ball. Powell is growing. LDU is either carrying something or not mentally right.

Biggy Comeben Ford Drury big ticks. Laz may still be useful but he’s got no core strength. X beaten. Jy can’t be kicking inside 50. Sheezel will be the best player in the comp in two years. Phillips in please. Fisher OUT.

We all bemoan our captains but truth is the players chose them. Obviously more as off field guidance and maturity. Let’s hope next year the group gets some balls and chooses an old field leader .

They don't know what a good on-field player looks like. Literally none of them have ever seen one wear a NMFC jumper. That's why they chose the matiest mate who was ever a mate this time.

I know other clubs have players choose the captain. Those clubs have players who know what to look for. We have diddlysquat.

I’m moving straight to acceptance this week. To hell with the other stages of grief. It’s far too draining. Well, it transpired as every single person on here expected. So, I suppose, we can’t be too disappointed. Second quarters are destroying us. Interesting that we ended up with comfortably more disposals than the Cats. That surprised me. I’ll count that as a step forward. Big game against the Hawks upcoming.

We won't get near the Cats. Reality is this is gonna be 10goals plus.

In fact I see no point in playing this game for the sake of development or even learning. What good is it sending kids out there with a bunch of mediocre senior players to get run around like witches hats.
Their experienced players, bigger bodies, knowledge of the ground, fitness levels, record over us - there is literally nothing we have in our favour that will see us get near them.
I mean Cameron and Hawkins would be staring at out backline and just getting toey over their match ups.

Its embarrassing putting out a team as poor as this to play these guys.

The fact they're in form, undefeated and playing their 2nd home game at the taxpayer funded rort of a shitty stadium, not to mention Dangerfield is fit and ready to return as the favourite son bullshit - legitimately save us, the cats and everyone the hassle of playing this match.
Posted this last Saturday.
This is exactly what unfolded today except the added disrespect that Geelong rested Hawkins and Dangerfield and still beat us by 75 points.

IMG_5188.jpeg

Yeh no s**t Clarko.
I feel like he’s only just woken up and realised how poor the list is.
If he doesn’t go to Viney and ask for Rawlings resignation end of year somethings wrong.

We need to put that block of matches behind us now. That was the toughest opening fixture of anybody. We have to reset and believe that we can win any of the next 5 games (Gold Coast in Darwin will be the toughest). Hawthorn, Adelaide (in Tassie), Essendon and St Kilda are all gettable. Win 2 out of 5 and it gives something to build on for the 2nd half of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not the losses against the competitions best that's the problem. it's the loss margin that is a morale killer for players and supporters. We deluded ourselves thinking we could suddenly improve this year. The bones of a good team are there but it's the poor leadership and lack of experience that's killing us.

Teams have already worked him out... he almost always engages the body, usually tries to grab it out of the ruck and if he does tap it, it's more or less to his feet.

There's a clear disconnect between him and our mids who were incredibly stagnant today. Lost count how many times Xerri brought it to ground near his feet with a Geelong mid anticipating it and on the move, or they collected the spillage from his hands after he was tackled trying to take it out of the ruck.

Xerri is fit and has learned how to compete physically, now he needs to learn how to tap to advantage.
How come we
I 100% agree with this.
LDU looks like he has checked out and rumour has it Carlton want him
Everybody wants LDU. Why wouldn’t they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly what unfolded today except the added disrespect that Geelong rested Hawkins and Dangerfield and still beat us by 75 points.

View attachment 1959381

Yeh no s**t Clarko.
If he doesn’t go to Viney and ask for Rawlings resignation end of year somethings wrong.

What will that do? Leadership vacuum is due to decisions 10 years ago

Teams have already worked him out... he almost always engages the body, usually tries to grab it out of the ruck and if he does tap it, it's more or less to his feet.

There's a clear disconnect between him and our mids who were incredibly stagnant today. Lost count how many times Xerri brought it to ground near his feet with a Geelong mid anticipating it and on the move, or they collected the spillage from his hands after he was tackled trying to take it out of the ruck.

Xerri is fit and has learned how to compete physically, now he needs to learn how to tap to advantage.

Yep disconnect is right, lots to work on there

View attachment 1959381

Yeh no s**t Clarko.
Why you want a reset? We need to stick to a plan

We were supposed to win comfortably the last 2 times we played Hawthorn.

Result: 8 goal losses both times.

We have no right to be certain about a win. Lose that, and we have to rely on the eagles games, otherwise 0-23 is a legit possibility.

Think one of those was only 3 goals at Launceston last year, but, the other one at Bellrieve people here were confident about they kicked 3.8 in the first q. and had 28 scoring shots to 10.

Last edited:
+:

• Probably Sheez’s best game for his career, and that’s saying something. He was sublime, and right now we don’t deserve him.
I was amazed that a guy who is so far ahead of any other player in our side, and after what he did last year, keeps finding ways to lift his game. He's f*n phenomenal.

View attachment 1959381

Yeh no s**t Clarko.

What would expect him to say? Something that isn't true?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back