No Oppo Supporters THE TAN 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't listen to him purely because of his nasaly voice
And the pen for a prop ... and using his fingers to count the points he's making (except he'll say there's four things and he only counts off three) ... is he still doing that? I gave up a while ago.

A mate gave me some hash and I smoked a cone with some hash on top and after coughing my lungs up for a solid minute I don't think I've ever been as high as I am rn, fwi a new burger place opens in Werribee tomoz fk ye
Haven't had a smoke in years. What's the new burger place?

That thread about us contending next year on the main board, dear lord. So much hate. Why do people even bother posting there?
I'm pretty sure the op of that thread made a big trade call last year and it didn't happen. Haven't seen him here since.

Regardless of what any of us think of Adam Goodes. It seems to have put the Racism issue firmly up for discussion. Probably not a bad thing in my mind.... Although some will not like it because a little reflection may cause discomfort ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G17fAUt.gif
50fvvp.jpg

Regardless of what any of us think of Adam Goodes. It seems to have put the Racism issue firmly up for discussion. Probably not a bad thing in my mind.... Although some will not like it because a little reflection may cause discomfort ?
Definitely there will be people booing with racist intentions.. some may be booing since they genuinely do not like him.. others may just join in.. I think it is being made into a bigger issue than it is.. when I think of it I cannot help but think of players like Jack Watts and Tyrone Vickery whom have been much maligned throughout their careers..

That Richmond thread on the main board by thetradesman

so much Richmond hate
Think its more indicative of a forum that is at war with everyone and everything The whole site is a cesspit at the moment
At least theirs the tan :rainbow:

I don't agree with people saying that Richmond can't be contenders in 2016. On the basis of what? They are already competing with the good clubs this year. If they bring in talent over the off season (a mid and a small forward) they could definitely be contenders.

A contender is a team that is able to win the Premiership, so it isn't like we are saying they are definitely going to win the Premiership with Hawthorn still up there. It is like people don't want Richmond to be competitive at all and want them to disappear back to the bottom of the ladder so that they can make ninthmond or "no final wins" jokes.

Have a look at the You tube Video Sam Newman did..on this subject on the footy show..very interesting indeed
Yeah I saw it. I also read an article a few days ago where the writer said he gets booed because he acts like a pillock.

Personally I'm indigenous and racism is a serious issue. But to me, booing a player isn't racism. There are plenty of non-indigenous players who get booed.

I love what he's trying to achieve BUT I think he's doing a terrible job of it. I agree with him that we need to do a better job of recognising the indigenous as the first people in Australia. Calling Australia Day "Invasion Day" is not going to achieve that. Speaking negatively about one culture isn't going to fix the divide between the two.

Then you've got all the on-field s**t to go with it. It's quite easy to see why he gets booed. Then complaining that you get booed just means more people are going to do it because they feel it's putting you off your game.

Calling people "racists" for booing a player, does nothing to prevent racism imo and just turns people's backs up at what should be a serious issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back