Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least there were no expectations. You wouldn't be too disappointed when we got smashed because it was expected.

Was with my father at the Brisbane VS Carlton game where we got destroyed by 100+. The week before Pagan was sacked. That was probably the lowest.

They day we got pumped by St.Kilda at Etihad when Pagan played Fev on Gehrig at FB was the lowest for me. From memory Saints scored 190 odd points?

I haven't had the chance to go to many games, so the lowest for me is the loss to Melbourne in the final game at Princes Park. It wasn't a huge loss score wise, but the context of the game meant we really should have won.

I haven't had the chance to go to many games, so the lowest for me is the loss to Melbourne in the final game at Princes Park. It wasn't a huge loss score wise, but the context of the game meant we really should have won.
I remember that day. We were beyond s**t then and I remember we did ok. The fans still sung the song around the stadium towards the end of the last quarter. Sad times.

Im lucky that the worst of the dark years are a fairly big black spot for me.

Spent a long time away in FNQ for work and they don't show the footy much up there! It was only when I was sent to Adelaide that I started getting back into it, and even then not until around 08/09 when I decided to play again and also signed up for membership. Really lost the passion for footy during the 'dark ages'.

I've been a blues fan for over 30 years. The missus is a powa fan and I have two young girls.

I have the feeling I am fighting a losing battle on that front too.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been a blues fan for over 30 years. The missus is a powa fan and I have two young girls.

I have the feeling I am fighting a losing battle on that front too.....

Try what Papa Homer did. He said "If you want to follow a different team, you need to find a different Papa". Eeeeek. I've been Carlton my whole life and I always will be.

I'm lucky. There will be no struggles had when I have kids. Both parents will be pulling the same string.
My Grandparents barracked for Carlton; my Father was a member for 76 continuous years; my brothers are fanatical like me; and our four kids had no choice and the same now with the Grandchildren. I was born in '47 so I have seen the worst and the best. That's life!!

I don't know how to say this, but after all my brainwashing and bribing, my six year old has decided he goes for the Tigers. Because he really likes tigers.

The bastards! What will I do?

My Grandparents barracked for Carlton; my Father was a member for 76 continuous years; my brothers are fanatical like me; and our four kids had no choice and the same now with the Grandchildren. I was born in '47 so I have seen the worst and the best. That's life!!
Welcome aboard Crazy Blue. And at 67 you may well be the oldest debutant on this board. Good stuff mate.

And that's some pedigree you boast there. A true Blue bloodline.

I don't know how to say this, but after all my brainwashing and bribing, my six year old has decided he goes for the Tigers. Because he really likes tigers.

He'll be back...nothing surer.

Welcome aboard Crazy Blue. And at 67 you may well be the oldest debutant on this board. Good stuff mate.

And that's some pedigree you boast there. A true Blue bloodline.
Thanks Big Sim. The bloodline is indeed very Blue but we all hope for a better year forthcoming. From '47 to '68 was a bit sad to say the least, so the current circumstances are nothing new to me.

I had the same issue with my 4yo son earlier this year, he said he really likes tigers and he likes their song.

He came back to the blues pretty quickly and he can't get enough of the Blues at the moment plus he loves Juddy so that helped. I think my constant watching of last years Elimination final may have helped the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back