Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to say this, but after all my brainwashing and bribing, my six year old has decided he goes for the Tigers. Because he really likes tigers.

The bastards! What will I do?
Really likes tigers....or Megan Gale????

I like the idea of replaying the elimination final and really rubbing it in when we smash them in the second half. Then give him a dose of their loss to Port this year. It might be a tough preseason for the young one, but he'll be a blue by round 1.....and then just hope like hell that we smash them.

Or make a bet with him. If the tigers beat carlton in round 1....he can support them for the rest of the season. :confused:

Really likes tigers....or Megan Gale????

I like the idea of replaying the elimination final and really rubbing it in when we smash them in the second half. Then give him a dose of their loss to Port this year. It might be a tough preseason for the young one, but he'll be a blue by round 1.....and then just hope like hell that we smash them.

Or make a bet with him. If the tigers beat carlton in round 1....he can support them for the rest of the season. :confused:
Pretty risky bet.:)

My six year old daughter started with the Lions, coz she liked big cats.
Then she liked the Lions and the Tigers, because she liked big cats.
Then she went for the Bombers coz mum liked the bombers.
Got rid of the mother.
Then she went for the Pies coz a snotty nose little turd she likes barracked for the Pies. He pulled her hair and now she doesn't like him anymore. He'll pay and so will his family. No-one touches my little girl.
Now she likes the Blues, coz dad likes the Blues and dad is her hero.

I had the same issue with my 4yo son earlier this year, he said he really likes tigers and he likes their song.

He came back to the blues pretty quickly and he can't get enough of the Blues at the moment plus he loves Juddy so that helped. I think my constant watching of last years Elimination final may have helped the cause.
Good tip, thanks. Will try that before resorting to bread and water diets, or even more severe, removal of all Ipad privileges.

He was dabbling with the Hawks before the Tigers because of Buddy. The charisma of that man is astonishing. We just don't boast an equivalent. Or even a pale imitation.

My six year old daughter started with the Lions, coz she liked big cats.
Then she liked the Lions and the Tigers, because she liked big cats.
Then she went for the Bombers coz mum liked the bombers.
Got rid of the mother.
Then she went for the Pies coz a snotty nose little turd she likes barracked for the Pies. He pulled her hair and now she doesn't like him anymore. He'll pay and so will his family. No-one touches my little girl.
Now she likes the Blues, coz dad likes the Blues and dad is her hero.

Kind of her to say that, nice and easy way of placating you after being her 5th option. :p

Mick is very comfortable with this. He understands that there needs to be significant improvement from last year otherwise he is happy to be shown the door. But should he/ playing group respond/ improve, he wants the security and the club is happy to provide him with that.
I would be very interested to know now what is meant by "significant improvement". By every measure imaginable (except post-match journo baiting) Mick's tenure as coach has been a marked failure. We have no recognised game plan after the long-down-the-boundary-line plan was, finally, abandoned. We still look like witches hats when the opposition have the ball (see particularly Essendon & Collingwood (first games) or Port rnd 22).

Does "significant improvement" mean finals?
Does "significant improvement" mean more wins than 2014?
Does "significant improvement" mean we actually beat a top 4 side under Mick?
Or, more likely does "significant improvement" mean Mick tells us at the end of 2015 we can trust him that we have, at last, crossed the Rubicon, a river we seemed to have splashed about in pretty much the whole of Mick's tenure?

I ask these questions because I am pretty sure Mick got the job at the end of 2012 because, as good as Ratts was, he wasn't going to take us into the top 4. And I am pretty sure we are unlikely to get into the top 4 if we can't beat a top 4 side.

He was dabbling with the Hawks before the Tigers because of Buddy. The charisma of that man is astonishing. We just don't boast an equivalent. Or even a pale imitation.
To be honest living in Perth, I am going to face the prospect of Nic Nat's being all over the media trying to sway my son to follow the eagles plus I am sure he will come under pressure from mates at school when is old enough.

I had to endure the same thing when I was a kid and the eagles were introduced and I was continually asked why I went for Carlton and not a WA team. A few of my mates support the dees and tigers so I did have some support there. Plus we were having some success when I was at high school in the 90'.

Unfortunately our dark years of the last decade will have cost us a lot of young supporters.

Only risky when we had waite kicking continuously out on the full.
Now that we have gun forwards who can kick straight, like Levi & Jones, this will be thing of the past.
As well as Jeffy kicking dribble kicks right in front of goals.

broken_record.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have no recognised game plan after the long-down-the-boundary-line plan was, finally, abandoned.
Mate, there was never a down-the-boundary-line plan. That was plan B when there was nothing in the middle to go to. If you are watching a game and we kick long down the boundary a lot, it's because the mids aren't working hard enough to break free and create space. There is a reason the guy kicking it down the wing is looking in the middle for an option before kicking it down the line - that's the plan.

It's like you don't even listen to our podcast!

Sometimes I seriously doubt your committment to sparkle motion.

I would be very interested to know now what is meant by "significant improvement". By every measure imaginable (except post-match journo baiting) Mick's tenure as coach has been a marked failure. We have no recognised game plan after the long-down-the-boundary-line plan was, finally, abandoned. We still look like witches hats when the opposition have the ball (see particularly Essendon & Collingwood (first games) or Port rnd 22).

Does "significant improvement" mean finals?
Does "significant improvement" mean more wins than 2014?
Does "significant improvement" mean we actually beat a top 4 side under Mick?
Or, more likely does "significant improvement" mean Mick tells us at the end of 2015 we can trust him that we have, at last, crossed the Rubicon, a river we seemed to have splashed about in pretty much the whole of Mick's tenure?

I ask these questions because I am pretty sure Mick got the job at the end of 2012 because, as good as Ratts was, he wasn't going to take us into the top 4. And I am pretty sure we are unlikely to get into the top 4 if we can't beat a top 4 side.

MM thread Windy; u know u want to.

Try what Papa Homer did. He said "If you want to follow a different team, you need to find a different Papa". Eeeeek. I've been Carlton my whole life and I always will be.

My Dad said something similar..told me at a very early age that if I go for another team, I will be kicked out of the house. I've followed the Blues for as long as I can remember, and definitely won't change.

My Grandparents barracked for Carlton; my Father was a member for 76 continuous years; my brothers are fanatical like me; and our four kids had no choice and the same now with the Grandchildren. I was born in '47 so I have seen the worst and the best. That's life!!

Wow thats great CB...doing good for the cause :thumbsu:

Welcome aboard

I don't know how to say this, but after all my brainwashing and bribing, my six year old has decided he goes for the Tigers. Because he really likes tigers.

The bastards! What will I do?
Give him a navy blue tiger and tell him that they are very rare so he has to look after him really well.
Like singing to it the theme song every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back