Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was just about to post this.
Fortunately my anti-Collingwood bias and prejudice won't have any influence whatsoever on the above situation - everyone can rest easy and enjoy the ride !

PS Scotland has been around long enough to be thoroughly cleansed wot only 10 years? -:)

Damien Barrett reported on the Footy Show tonight that Ratten and High Performance manager Justin Cordy have had a falling out. Also mentioned that Icke was actually sacked last year, surprisingly also having had a falling out with our coach.
Something smells rotten at our club at the moment.

Geelong lost the best player in the league and one of the best players of all time, what did they do? They won the premiership, they also did it with previous premiership players missing out. Their guns like Chapman and Hawkins can play ordinary and they still win. We lost marc Murphy and fell to pieces then lost Carrazzo and became a basket case. We have 3 number 1 draft picks, Chris Judd; Jamison and Henderson who are two of the best tall defenders in the AFL, Carrazzo who is just about the best defensive midfielder there is, Simpson and Robinson who are quality and we have won 1 final since the early part of last deccade and currently sit 9th and will likely be very lucky to play finals. Yeah injuries, boo hoo. We are a team of "champions", maybe, but a very long way from a champion team. Why is that? Because our off field staff is a rabble, I can see it, bugger all on here can see it, they way we play, the condition we are in, the lack of strength, the development of our 2nd sringers, the high injury toll, the poor attack on the contest by some of our players, players playing in the one role, the lack of progress by our talls.... If you ask me, something stinks in our football department and I can smell it for miles.

Geelong lost the best player in the league and one of the best players of all time, what did they do? They won the premiership, they also did it with previous premiership players missing out. Their guns like Chapman and Hawkins can play ordinary and they still win. We lost marc Murphy and fell to pieces then lost Carrazzo and became a basket case. We have 3 number 1 draft picks, Chris Judd; Jamison and Henderson who are two of the best tall defenders in the AFL, Carrazzo who is just about the best defensive midfielder there is, Simpson and Robinson who are quality and we have won 1 final since the early part of last deccade and currently sit 9th and will likely be very lucky to play finals. Yeah injuries, boo hoo. We are a team of "champions", maybe, but a very long way from a champion team. Why is that? Because our off field staff is a rabble, I can see it, bugger all on here can see it, they way we play, the condition we are in, the lack of strength, the development of our 2nd sringers, the high injury toll, the poor attack on the contest by some of our players, players playing in the one role, the lack of progress by our talls.... If you ask me, something stinks in our football department and I can smell it for miles.

Indeed there are issues both on and off the field. :(

Is that a rumour or an opinion? I know...start a sack someone thread.

Damien Barrett reported on the Footy Show tonight that Ratten and High Performance manager Justin Cordy have had a falling out. Also mentioned that Icke was actually sacked last year, surprisingly also having had a falling out with our coach.
Something smells rotten at our club at the moment.
Interesting two elite coaches not happy.... What's going on?

Just spoke to a school mate of Watto, can confirm the rumours of him being unhappy are true, as stated last year. Believes he has fallen out of favour with some of the senior players (unspecified) and was frustrated at his lack of opportunity at the beginning of the year. However, this has been amended now with his return to the senior team. Some good news though, that he doesn't want a trade and wants to stay to prove himself, although he may not be opposed to a trade if the right opportunity came up. Additionally, he was angry that when the players went to Qatar, he was asked by club officials to lose 8kg's and is struggling to keep it off and meet their demands.

To his credit though, he's kept his head up and has done what he has had to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bloody glad he didn't lose a heap of weight, he is one of just a few who actually find them self stronger than their opponant and isn't pushed around. Our fittness guys among many others have no bloody idea. He's playing good footy for a young tall player.

Just spoke to a school mate of Watto, can confirm the rumours of him being unhappy are true, as stated last year. Believes he has fallen out of favour with some of the senior players (unspecified) and was frustrated at his lack of opportunity at the beginning of the year. However, this has been amended now with his return to the senior team. Some good news though, that he doesn't want a trade and wants to stay to prove himself, although he may not be opposed to a trade if the right opportunity came up. Additionally, he was angry that when the players went to Qatar, he was asked by club officials to lose 8kg's and is struggling to keep it off and meet their demands.

Jesus Christ.

This club is in absolute turmoil - someone with no idea is running our football club - that is just ridiculous to the extreme.

Watsons performance tonight was astonishing.

The fact he was asked to lose the weight is testament that someone has an IDEA that is being fullfilled that SIMPLY IS NOT WORKING.

I just want to know who that is - Sticks -

Just spoke to a school mate of Watto, can confirm the rumours of him being unhappy are true, as stated last year. Believes he has fallen out of favour with some of the senior players (unspecified) and was frustrated at his lack of opportunity at the beginning of the year. However, this has been amended now with his return to the senior team. Some good news though, that he doesn't want a trade and wants to stay to prove himself, although he may not be opposed to a trade if the right opportunity came up. Additionally, he was angry that when the players went to Qatar, he was asked by club officials to lose 8kg's and is struggling to keep it off and meet their demands

Coterie member who is friends with the Alesio's said tonight that the family want him to leave and that he is not happy at the club.

Coterie member who is friends with the Alesio's said tonight that the family want him to leave and that he is not happy at the club.

Get the feeling that things are not quite right at Sydney Road.

So what you are saying is that Watson doesn't speak for himself, rather the Alessio family do the talking for him.

We've seen what interfering families do to tennis players (& certain Collingwood players), god help us if they are going to screw with the minds of AFL players.

bet it is the same coterie member who goes on and on about us dropping the Latin from the logo

A fair few rumors doing the rounds that Kane Lucas may seek a move back to WA. It could be a case of people knowing Alex Silvagni is off at seasons end, Carlton and putting 2 and 2 together I spose.

Still a Silvagni + pick for Lucas deal could suit both sides

Silvagni.laidler,duigan,jamo,watson, hendo hmm it wouldn't be a smart move for silvagni he would stuggle to get a game.. jsut on the lucas rumor last year he said to a mate he wanted to go home then by season ends he signed on for two years, so i ain't sure if sugar just likes all the talk about him lol

If the rumour about Lucas is true then I don't blame him, Ratts and the selectors would be clearly to blame because they have shown absolutely no faith in him. This was what happened with Jacobs and Grigg, we didn't show enough patience with them and as a results they requested a trade. Why Lucas isn't getting a game is beyond me. The only way young players can build confidence is by playing senior football. By being put in and out of the side consistently it just shatters their confidence.

A fair few rumors doing the rounds that Kane Lucas may seek a move back to WA. It could be a case of people knowing Alex Silvagni is off at seasons end, Carlton and putting 2 and 2 together I spose.

Still a Silvagni + pick for Lucas deal could suit both sides

o_O Depth only; if Freo were to delist Alex, we could pick him for nothing in the PSD.

Heres an idea pick up Silvagni for free in the draft then trade Lucas to Wet Toast in return for Kennedy as it was reported that he never wanted to leave. Get Fevola back but store him in a cage between matches, send Ratan off to learn coaching at Carlton Primary school and get Mathouse in for a few years so he can teach SOS to coach then put a lake near the interchage bench so Blue Lagoon Bootsma feels at home.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back