The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course MYM has done well he is a gun! At the very least I hope it means this drives his price up if we end up selling him.

Roma have the option to sign him for a fixed 4.5m at the end of his loan deal, not sure if you'll get any more for him. No offence but that was an awful piece of business from your mob, the guy looks like he can play when he's given the chance.

Long time in between posts here. My bad.

Ashley can GAGF. Pardew had the players early, but the stench around the club and players going through the motions is deflating.

Roma have the option to sign him for a fixed 4.5m at the end of his loan deal, not sure if you'll get any more for him. No offence but that was an awful piece of business from your mob, the guy looks like he can play when he's given the chance.

Wasn't aware of that! No offence taken at all, we're an absolute basket case in all areas

Ashley can GAGF. Pardew had the players early, but the stench around the club and players going through the motions is deflating.

Ashley looked pretty bemused all game. Hopefully he comes through and does the right thing and gets rid of Pards this week, once and for all.

Sick of the entire regime to be honest.

Ashley looked pretty bemused all game. Hopefully he comes through and does the right thing and gets rid of Pards this week, once and for all.

Sick of the entire regime to be honest.

Same here.

Won't invest in the club, happy to let it float between relegation and mid table mediocrity, I don't get it.

Same here.

Won't invest in the club, happy to let it float between relegation and mid table mediocrity, I don't get it.

I hope he is prepared for his Sports Direct rubbish to be advertised exclusively in the Championship next year because that is where we're headed.

Pardew though... so frustrating. Riviere scores a double in the league cup and then gets a solitary half in the PL when the supply he received was absolutely abysmal! Why not try a second striker you muppet!
Set pieces... they're getting worse. Tiote even took a few. Love Tiote but that's not his bag.
Dummett shooting from distance.. spare me!
Armstrong has two assists (and can score goals, clearly) and sits the entire game on the bench.
Coloccini is finished too, he was abysmal.
I've lots faith in Colback too, he needs to be rotated out IMO. If Anita is fit (is he?) he should be given a chance.

I am so relieved I didn't get up to watch this one (though did catch the last 20 or so mins).

Utterly clueless is Pardew.

We're 1-0 down but dominating possession. Solution? Take off a striker and replace him with another striker (never mind the fact his supply in the final third has been woeful). Which leads me to...

No cutting edge in the final third or quality balls being given to the forwards. We have a kid sitting on the bench with 2 assists on his starting debut during the week. Solution? Don't play him. Bring on Obertan instead.

Our last 24 games. 1 win, 3 draws, 20 losses. Let that sink in a bit. It's as bad as it gets.

Pardew has to go. At this stage, I'll welcome the championship with open arms if it means the back of Pardew and Ashley. At least we'll have our club back!

What a sorry and sad state of affairs :(

If that's true...a little bit of that faint glimmer of hope I still have for the future just died :(

I was hoping that Pardew would be gone and we'd welcome back Ben Arfa and Yanga Mbiwa.

Looks like we might be visiting Ewood Park next season! (though you guys look like you're at least keeping pace for the playoff spots) :)

Welcome back mate! A shame it's not under better circumstances :$

10721188_10152430831572712_633232926_n.jpg

10719407_10152430831552712_562410077_n.jpg

10719436_10152430831587712_1302156924_n.jpg

I am so relieved I didn't get up to watch this one (though did catch the last 20 or so mins).

Utterly clueless is Pardew.

We're 1-0 down but dominating possession. Solution? Take off a striker and replace him with another striker (never mind the fact his supply in the final third has been woeful). Which leads me to...

No cutting edge in the final third or quality balls being given to the forwards. We have a kid sitting on the bench with 2 assists on his starting debut during the week. Solution? Don't play him. Bring on Obertan instead.

Our last 24 games. 1 win, 3 draws, 20 losses. Let that sink in a bit. It's as bad as it gets.

Pardew has to go. At this stage, I'll welcome the championship with open arms if it means the back of Pardew and Ashley. At least we'll have our club back!

What a sorry and sad state of affairs :(

Obertan was surprisingly OK - possibly even the best he has played for us. I was so annoyed when he came on but credit where credit is due, he didn't suck as bad as Cabella, Colback, Gouffran, the list goes on.

Obertan was surprisingly OK - possibly even the best he has played for us. I was so annoyed when he came on but credit where credit is due, he didn't suck as bad as Cabella, Colback, Gouffran, the list goes on.

Fair play to him! That's at least somewhat encouraging. Tiote didn't get carded I don't think (amazing really given he seemed to be giving away quite a few fouls, not to mention his spotless reputation...).

A lot of people were saying Sissoko was our worst. Pretty worrying if that's the case. He's one of the biggest name players in the squad. Should be doing more (though maybe Pardew needs to realise he's a box to box cm and not a winger...).

That's what's worrying me. When our team goes to custard, very few look like stepping up and dragging the team with them. Guys like Barton, Nolan and Cabaye all seemed to stand up when needed. I can't see anyone really doing it for us at the moment. And when poor morale and poor form seep into the squad, it seems to infect the other players too (even the ones who started well like Colback earlier in the season).

Ashley was at the game wasn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha I thought Sissoko was OK actually. There was a period of the game where Pards moved him to the left though :confused: but then moved him back out wide right.

I'd say our worst was Coloccini, Cabella, Gouffran or Colback. Tiote was probably our best player but that's no surprise because he is probably... our best player. Janmaat was good in patches but his defensive skills are patchy.

Both of the strikers did nothing really but I don't blame them at all. We were awful structurally and Stoke set up well down back.

Haha I thought Sissoko was OK actually. There was a period of the game where Pards moved him to the left though :confused: but then moved him back out wide right.

I'd say our worst was Coloccini, Cabella, Gouffran or Colback. Tiote was probably our best player but that's no surprise because he is probably... our best player. Janmaat was good in patches but his defensive skills are patchy.

Both of the strikers did nothing really but I don't blame them at all. We were awful structurally and Stoke set up well down back.

I think I read in one of the reports we only managed 1 shot on target despite having a chunk of possession. Riviere and Cisse need better supply - probably doesn't help much when guys like Dummett seem to be under orders to shoot whenever possible :drunk:

I think I read in one of the reports we only managed 1 shot on target despite having a chunk of possession. Riviere and Cisse need better supply - probably doesn't help much when guys like Dummett seem to be under orders to shoot whenever possible :drunk:

Yeah Janmaat had a shot on target in the second half (I think), was a good save from Begovic. Pretty damning when your only shot on target is from your right back.

Tiote is shooting from anywhere too despite only ever scoring that one (great) goal for us vs Arsenal a couple of years ago lol

Yeah Janmaat had a shot on target in the second half (I think), was a good save from Begovic. Pretty damning when your only shot on target is from your right back.

Tiote is shooting from anywhere too despite only ever scoring that one (great) goal for us vs Arsenal a couple of years ago lol

I saw an article saying Tiote now has 2 wives (and a mistress) - that's more wives than goals for the club! :eek:

No joy and I've got to say diminishing interest in watching Newcastle at the moment.Never thought I'd be saying something like that but that's what it's come to.Watched the game and found myself not really bothering to pay attention.
No real verve or imagination amongst the players.Just so robotic.
Cameras spent plenty of time focused on Cashley who was seated with Lee Charnley who looks like every other bean counter.
Cash register boys.

No joy and I've got to say diminishing interest in watching Newcastle at the moment.Never thought I'd be saying something like that but that's what it's come to.Watched the game and found myself not really bothering to pay attention.
No real verve or imagination amongst the players.Just so robotic.
Cameras spent plenty of time focused on Cashley who was seated with Lee Charnley who looks like every other bean counter.
Cash register boys.

Yeah I know exactly how you feel. I'm still morbidly curious to see how we go hence me getting up at 4.45am this morning to watch them play! Feeling pretty tired now and it's certainly not worth it.

Again I will watch this weekend vs Swansea with interest, hopefully we at least have a caretaker manager at the helm!

Can definitely feel your pain guys. It's really sad to think that at the moment, the most exciting thing about following the club for me is checking every day to see if Pardew has finally been sacked.

Not getting much enjoyment watching the team play attacking football that the Toon army love. Not even getting to cheer gallant defeats going down but at least scoring a few goals.

Ashley, Pardew, Sports Direct...all of them are guilty of sucking the life and passion out of our great club. I'm worried the damage could be irreparable with some people just turning off the team/the sport completely. Without the fans, there is no club. I hope Mike Ashley can realise that one day.

Spoke to my Geordie colleague who said that the whisper around Tyneside is that Ashley will not sack Pardew. Perhaps there's some truth to the rumours about Pardew being in debt to Ashley? The only other thing I can think of is Pardew is holding something over Ashley and is blackmailing him. I just don't see him keeping his job in any other scenario.

He'll just roll it along and see if we survive I reckon.
If he was serious about league position,Europe or cups Chris Hughton would have been treated differently,Pardew would not have been given a decade long contract,we would not have the "sell players if we can turn a quid policy",we would have signed some book ends.....on and on and on...apparently will have to give Pardew 5 mill if he terminates the contract.Pardew is an unimaginative knob but if he goes and Cashley stays we can't expect any revelations or revolutions.
I'm hoping we don't go down,don't get humiliated often and Cashley disappears at season's end.

I saw an article saying Tiote now has 2 wives (and a mistress) - that's more wives than goals for the club! :eek:

In keeping with that theory I bet his wives (and/or mistresses) are as spectacular as his rare but stunning goals he occasionally scores :) :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back