The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

At the rate Cisse is going, he should be on the scoresheet tonight! :cool:

10502036_881837525174000_7101641482202842527_n.jpg

^^ haha - nice. I work with a Senegalese guy and he has been raving about him. I still think he should come off the bench though

Agreed! Think Pardew said Cisse would need to be carefully managed due to his dislocated knee cap injury being quite serious and him being rushed back a bit. He seems to be doing well off the bench.

I also like Perez's work rate. Very impressive against Chelsea, was dropping all the way back to the fullback positions to help out. Great work rate from the young man.

On Cisse, saw a rumour City might want him in January for $20m...

Not sure how much substance is in that - surely would be behind Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic etc if he went there.

Agreed! Think Pardew said Cisse would need to be carefully managed due to his dislocated knee cap injury being quite serious and him being rushed back a bit. He seems to be doing well off the bench.

I also like Perez's work rate. Very impressive against Chelsea, was dropping all the way back to the fullback positions to help out. Great work rate from the young man.

On Cisse, saw a rumour City might want him in January for $20m...

Not sure how much substance is in that - surely would be behind Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic etc if he went there.

Perez's speed works well for us in the counter attack style we've been playing. Hope we play him one out to start tonight.

Also rumours that HBA has gone back to France and won't play again for Hull. Not sure if that's true or not but don't think he's been having a great time there in recent weeks.

Perez's speed works well for us in the counter attack style we've been playing. Hope we play him one out to start tonight.

Agree, especially with Debuchy likely to be at CB, he'll feel uncomfortable. Hopefully our pace and running at him can exploit Debuchy into making some bad challenges and giving us some good free kick chances/maybe get himself sent off. :p

Yeah. Found it curious he wasn't on the team sheet at all. Has fallen out with another manager, maybe he is a s**t bloke after all...

Yeah, always had questions over his attitude, maybe Pardew was right to keep him away from the first team?

In better news, I think Jonas is back at the club and training again, that hopefully will give everyone a nice lift!

37 mins on the park with a hat trick tonight will see Cisse down to a goal a half;he'll get booked for running over to Wenger and offering him his shirt for a momento.
No way am I going to try to stay awake to watch it.I've just finished the wine for starters.:oops::oops:

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC 1m1 minute ago
#NUFC v @Arsenal (4-2-3-1): Alnwick; Janmaat, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Dummett; Tiote, Colback; Gouffran, Perez, Ameobi; Cisse #ARSNEW

#NUFC Subs v @Arsenal: Woodman, Haidara, Anita, Vuckic, Cabella, Armstrong, Riviere #ARSNEW

Interesting team. Would have preferred Dummett at CB and Haidara on the left. GOUFFRAN AGAIN?
Perez playing his natural position - the CAM - should be fun.

Team apparently is

(4-2-3-1): Alnwick; Janmaat, Coloccini (c), Williamson, Dummett; Colback, Tioté; Gouffran, Perez, Ameobi; Cissé.

Subs: Woodman, Haïdara, Anita, Cabella, Vučkić, Armstrong, Rivière.

No Abeid, maybe not fit? Good to have Colo in to help protect Alnwick but not sure Gouff offers us much in midfield...though his pace with Perez and Ameobi could cause their makeshift back 4 problems.

Interesting seeing Cisse start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

scon you're from WA, us Victorians are planning on staying up for a 4.30am start, no excuses!
Dig deep scon! Think of the famous triumph we will hopefully see in a few hours time! :)
Sorry blokes I'm soft and let the team down,and I've got to go and shout a Gooner pints this arvo,
I feel like I've betrayed my roots and am nothing but traitorous scum:(

Hey guys just checking in (poorly timed after the arsenal loss) its great to see so many fans of the toon on here. Hopefully we beat the living piss out of Sunderland next week.

Arsenal love putting huge tallies up against us, I hate playing them. One positive was that we were able to at least hold possession for long periods, although we really didn't look likely going forward.

Anyone keeping an eye on Lacazette? This guy is knocking them in for fun, wowee on 15 goals already, if Cisse is rumored to be fetching around 20m then Lacazette would be worth 30m? Lyon are flying to.

Big game this weekend lads, I always get nervous against the toothless ferals, hopefully Colback can score and we win 5-0 :)

Sorry blokes I'm soft and let the team down,and I've got to go and shout a Gooner pints this arvo,
I feel like I've betrayed my roots and am nothing but traitorous scum:(

In hindsight, you made the right decision! :D

One of our worst performances in many months - hopefully that was just a wake up call and not the start of a bad run of form.

Hey guys just checking in (poorly timed after the arsenal loss) its great to see so many fans of the toon on here. Hopefully we beat the living piss out of Sunderland next week.

Good to have you onboard WildCard! - the more the merrier when it comes to the Toon Army!

Arsenal love putting huge tallies up against us, I hate playing them. One positive was that we were able to at least hold possession for long periods, although we really didn't look likely going forward.

Anyone keeping an eye on Lacazette? This guy is knocking them in for fun, wowee on 15 goals already, if Cisse is rumored to be fetching around 20m then Lacazette would be worth 30m? Lyon are flying to.

Big game this weekend lads, I always get nervous against the toothless ferals, hopefully Colback can score and we win 5-0 :)

Saw this on Lacazette...fair to say he is putting his name up in lights for a big move. Not sure we'd be a realistic option for him anymore sadly.

10409376_10152866302400115_3681837238770273437_n.jpg

Two massive games this week - QF in the League Cup mid week against Spurs (can we do a repeat and get a win?) and then the derby (where we really need to stop this run of losses to them).

Spurs game is going to be interesting. Janmaat will miss due to picking up his 5th yellow and there is some talk that our 4th choice keeper, 17 year old Freddie Woodman may be in goals to ensure Alnwick doesn't pick up a knock. For me, I'd rather give Alnwick the game to get more experience. We're a realistic chance to finally get some silverware and I hope we give it our all but will be interesting to see what Pardew does.

It's always easier in hindsight but think Pardew got it wrong against Arsenal.

Dummett should have played at CB with Haidara going into LB, which is what we seemingly had done for most of our recent wins. Williamson tries his best but should be a squad player.

Gouffran has also regressed horribly by playing out of position. Cabella looked lively when he came on and he probably should have started ahead of him (I would have had Anita in though before him as he is more of a grifter than both).

For the Spurs game, I really hope Abeid and Aarons are available. Will be very interesting to see who plays at RB (Anita can or maybe he'll throw Haidara or one of the CBs there). At least we get Taylor and Sissoko back (despite losing Janmaat) - just like a revolving door with our injuries and suspensions at the minute!

In a way I'm kind of happy Janmaat gets to serve his suspension in the league cup so he's back for the Derby.

And I don't care how we line up as long as Williamson is not one of them. He was so bad...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back