The Western Bulldogs Next Coach

Who do you want to be the next coach of the Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did a ring around to a view blokes down the club, who have their ear to the ground and usually have some information.
On the new coach, no information at all, no leaks or rumours at all.
I was told club very interested in Ben Newton Port Adelaide in PSD, we will grab him if is still there at our pick.
He's nominated for the national draft.

I just want a coach from outside the club. We need some fresh eyes on the joint.

Very interesting to see Ratten has firmed to be equal favourite with Montgomery.

Appreciate the fact that sports betting on a coaching appointment is the equivalent of pinning the tail on a donkey though.

If Monty gets the job it's clear we are taking ANOTHER cheap option as we did with Rhode and Macca and I fear the same outcome will happen as did with both those blokes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what about his firts three years?
just did some research on him.. he isn't any chance of being the next clarkson. .. i feel like ratten was the kind of coach that was a fan boy and got involved and beleieved what the media said and let them dictate where his club was going. i dont like that.

And how many number one picks on rattens list? Murphy, Gibbs, Kruizer, judd, - what was walker #2
He had talls and shorts a spine and decent quality on every line

Exactly, you cant truly compare unless two both have similar lists. Our list the past three years has been s**t and unbalanced compared to Carltons. No point bothering to compare any team or coach, given there is so many things to weigh in

Exactly, you cant truly compare unless two both have similar lists. Our list the past three years has been s**t and unbalanced compared to Carltons. No point bothering to compare any team or coach, given there is so many things to weigh in

Yes and no but what you can't do is give no note to Ratten coz he isn't as bad as many think and in no way can anyone say Macca was better

Ratten win % = 50%
Macca win % = 30%

Ratten took over a club that had been a disgrace for a decade due to their own cheating, had three number one draft picks and was well past the rebuilding stage. He underachieved with that kind of talent.

McCartney took a club who had just started a rebuild and had a truckload of dead wood to prune, and no top draft picks to do it with due to the introduction of new teams. He also lost two major talents to these clubs.

There is no comparison between Ratten and McCartney at all.

Ratten is a dopey prick who is not a senior coach's aresehole.

If Monty gets the job it's clear we are taking ANOTHER cheap option as we did with Rhode and Macca and I fear the same outcome will happen as did with both those blokes
Monty might be the best candidate. Which might mean that no one of any standing applied. :(

Not surprised we haven't interviewed anyone yet.

Step 1 - assemble panel
Step 2 - set interview criteria
Step 3 - communicate criteria to potential candidates.
Step 4 - trim candidates and agree on interviewees
Step 5 - provide time for candidates to prepare for interviews.
Step 6 - arrange mutually convenient times for interviews.
Step 7 - interviews
Step 8 - review interviews
Step 9 - possibly short list
Step 10 - possibly re-interview short list
Step 11 - agree successful applicant
Step 12 - negotiate deal with successful candidate
Step 13 - agree and roll out communication/media.

Could go on for a few weeks yet.

Monty might be the best candidate. Which might mean that no one of any standing applied. :(
Do you know if anyone has applied? - no

Do you know if the club has asked anyone to apply? - no

Do you know if the club has received and general inquires from anyone? - no

So based on a lot of things you dont know.

Monty is the best candidate and no one of any standing was interested in applying?

You have an amazing thought process...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back