The Western Bulldogs Next Coach

Who do you want to be the next coach of the Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Monty gets the job it's clear we are taking ANOTHER cheap option as we did with Rhode and Macca and I fear the same outcome will happen as did with both those blokes
Not sure Macca was the cheap option MD considering Cameron was the alternative at the time and wouldn't have cost us anymore ? But I get your point...

So Macca has joined Melbourne, I hate that. Really worried he'll try and poach some of our youngsters, or do you think he'd still have a vested interest in our progression?

He'll definitely have his eye on disgruntled players, he had no ethical problems taking Crameri and also figuratively stole essendon's IP by influencing our drafting department to go after Dickson, Campbell and Redpath. He will also no doubt have collected our drafting data before heading off so Melbourne is likely to pick our unknown earmarked players if they can.

In short I am slightly concerned.

not concerned about him find employment, concerned about him using our IP.
the same way he used Geelong and Essendon IP when working for us?? And the way that Sumich would use Freo IP if we appointed him, or Hawthorn IP if we appointed Bolton??

the same way he used Geelong and Essendon IP when working for us?? And the way that Sumich would use Freo IP if we appointed him, or Hawthorn IP if we appointed Bolton??
In the dog eat dog world of football, it is important that we taketh but also give noneth away.

The only player of note that he brought to the club was Crameri, who had the whole ASADA thing going on at the time of his contract expiring.
The others were guys playing in the VFL.

Anyone at Footscray worth taking who isn't a Western Bulldogs player?

Maybe one or two guys, but no one who will make any sort of immediate impact that can't be covered elsewhere.

Do you know if anyone has applied? - no

Do you know if the club has asked anyone to apply? - no

Do you know if the club has received and general inquires from anyone? - no

So based on a lot of things you dont know.

Monty is the best candidate and no one of any standing was interested in applying?

You have an amazing thought process...
I'm not making ANY assertions or predictions. I certainly would NOT know. I was replying to Mattdougie. Read his post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey everyone! I have heard a rumour about the possiblity of bomber thompson becoming the next coach. I havnt read through the 80pages but wondering if you guys have heard anything about it.

I've heard similar things about Bomber. Looking less and less likely that the Bombers will give Hird the Boot and we're his only option if he want's to be a senior coach.

Ratten took over a club that had been a disgrace for a decade due to their own cheating, had three number one draft picks and was well past the rebuilding stage. He underachieved with that kind of talent.

McCartney took a club who had just started a rebuild and had a truckload of dead wood to prune, and no top draft picks to do it with due to the introduction of new teams. He also lost two major talents to these clubs.

There is no comparison between Ratten and McCartney at all.

Ratten is a dopey prick who is not a senior coach's aresehole.

And Macca is a senior coach??

I wasn't saying Ratten should be coach just showing the comparison in win%

And your right you can't compare the 2 coz Macca is miles behind

Macca is only comparable to coaches like Rhode Watson and Waters. All abject failures

I've heard similar things about Bomber. Looking less and less likely that the Bombers will give Hird the Boot and we're his only option if he want's to be a senior coach.

Hirdy says there's a place for Bummer there - we don't want him; heart would just not be in it. Plus he obviously doesn't think much of our playing group personality wise.

I would hope that BMac stays away from this years draft and doesn't share the knowledge he acquired from the Bulldogs with the Dees recruiting team. At least for this years draftees.
All the other stuff, I agree that its normally all shared around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back