FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah snoop is funny when she was buying the nail gun that was pure gold.Some posters thought she was a he:D.

These guys from the wire are in oz at some point.
bodie is prob the man one.
The d@rk guy who help carcetti in the major race.
herc one of the cops kinda soild with bald head.
Carver who was herc's mate.
Daniels.
Avon.
rawls.
Also an appearance from Lester.

Yeah did Oz after The Wire, first four seasons are amazing. Last two let it down a bit I felt.

Yeah snoop is funny when she was buying the nail gun that was pure gold.Some posters thought she was a he:D.

These guys from the wire are in oz at some point.
bodie is prob the man one.
The d@rk guy who help carcetti in the major race.
herc one of the cops kinda soild with bald head.
Carver who was herc's mate.
Daniels.
Avon.
rawls.

I need some ****, gimme some **** :D

To let flight23 and anyone else know Life On The Street is set in the same city as the wire.This show is based on a book by Davis simon key writer on the wire.I have watched a few early eps the time change is a shock and funny cops smoking in the office and things that used to happened back then.Also try "the corner" again alot of the same actors/writers and set in the same city gives you good insight of being of the drug problems in that city.

To let flight23 and anyone else know Life On The Street is set in the same city as the wire.This show is based on a book by Davis simon key writer on the wire.I have watched a few early eps the time change is a shock and funny cops smoking in the office and things that used to happened back then.Also try "the corner" again alot of the same actors/writers and set in the same city gives you good insight of being of the drug problems in that city.

yeah it's a great series

Homicide LOTS is possibly my favourite TV series of all time. I bought the limited edition box set on Amazon and in quick time watched all 122 episodes and the subsequent movie. Such great actors: G, Pembleton, Bayliss, Kellerman, Lewis, Munch. But how about the guests? Vincent D'Onofrio, Mekhi Phifer, Robin Williams, Chris Meloni, Steve Buscemi, Edie Falco, Peter Gallagher, Paul Giamatti, Luis Guzmán, Jake Gyllenhaal, Neil Patrick Harris, James Earl Jones, Julianna Margulies, David Morse, Chris Rock, Jerry Stiller, Eric Stoltz, Elijah Wood, amongst many others.

desmond mobay iirc

i remember getting hooked on oz when it was on sbs. dont even know how or why i started watching it but glad i did. i think it was the first hbo show i ever watched.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recently finished watching the 2nd series of Treme. Not a patch on The Wire, but some great moments, writing and performances. Those who loved Bunk would have to love Antoine Batiste, his character in Treme. You also get Lester as one of the main characters.

In bit parts I have seen Prez and Ziggy (series 2).

Finally getting around to giving this a look after hearing nothing but good things, I am 3 episodes in and TBH was that unimpressed by the 1st episode was nearly going to leave it there.

Is it likely to grow on me?

How'd it end up going for you? I thought the first episode was funny probably an episode you appreciate mote after seeing the whole series first.

In 2010 I watched the first three episodes then left it for some reason. Only recently came back to it. Watched the first three episodes again, really enjoyed it, then watched what I thought was the fourth episodes but turns out was the ninth. Didn't trigger until I saw the name of the DVD when I ejected it. Weird thing was the 4th and 9th pretty much match up. Omar shoots that guy in the knee and then in the ninth we see him come back in a brace. Wallis mentions going back to school after being shook up by the stick-up.

Going to watch the fourth now. Going to be a bit weird though.

Two great scenes

[youtube]r5VGKoWNGYY[/youtube]

Edit: I'm guessing imbedding youtube scenes isn't working atm? I'll just post the link.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back