The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

PP, forever alone in ranking season two as the best.

It's decent, but it's too far removed from every other season imo.

Why'd you guys like Snoop? Because she looked/sounded like a man for lulz?

I hated her. Evil beach.

Though I didn't mind Chris. Just seemed like a good guy somehow, through it all.

I saw his story as more of a parallel with Weebay though, rather than Cutty.

This. The most evil and terrifying character I have seen. I did not realise Snoop was a chick for ages.

Stumbled accross the wire on ABC iView one night whilst bored, it was the second to last episode of season 3 and i remember ABC had used a picture of Bubbs as the icon.

Season 4 was the first one i watched in full so it was the one i was most attached to. I remember it was an Omar quote that made it my absolute favourite show:

"Boy, you must have me confused for a man who repeats himself"

This is one of the most underappreciated yet critically acclaimed shows of all time, and I LOVED that no-one in my day to day life had ever heard of it :)

Cutty was an underrated character, imo.

For such a pessimistic series, he was one of the very few feel good stories.

Coming from where he was, eventually in prison, falling back into old ways, before turning his life around and genuinely wanting to help others.

Was disappointed that they didn't show him at the end of the series (IIRC).

they show him having dinner with bubs sister at her house implying he is in a relationship with her

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but if you haven't watched Generation Kill (by the dudes behind The Wire) then you're seriously missing out.

IMO, Generation Kill is the greatest mini-series of all time, and has the same hard-edge but humourous nature of the Wire.

Buy it, download it... whatever, just get your hands on it!

That being said, I love The Wire. Omar is by far the best character... how can you go past him?

"Boy, you must have me confused for a man who repeats himself"
:)

great line that:thumbsu:

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but if you haven't watched Generation Kill (by the dudes behind The Wire) then you're seriously missing out.

IMO, Generation Kill is the greatest mini-series of all time, and has the same hard-edge but humourous nature of the Wire.

Buy it, download it... whatever, just get your hands on it!

That being said, I love The Wire. Omar is by far the best character... how can you go past him?

have seen generation kill nowhere near as in depth as the wire for me though....still enjoyed it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2e6eeso.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back