Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if people will start to reconsider when they notice that sometimes movies/TV they've "bought" through Amazon Prime disappear?

When I forget my password so I go to recovery, type new password and I type my old one out, so I go back to the login page.

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Did a COVID test and was negative.

Not sure, not shitting myself or vomiting anymore so I’m happy 😂.
Still take it easy.

That 10 day bout I talked about before- on like day 7ish I think it was I hadnt had symptoms for a long time, like a couple of days. Anyway, went to a NAB Cup game ffs. I was absolutely miserable.

So yeah, make sure you're definitely over it.

Road tolls.

Coming from the South Australian perspective, I think charging people $11 a day to use a quicker route is disgusting. Yes these projects improve commute times and cost a lot of money to build. Yet I believe road tolls are regressive taxes, punishing the people who can least afford them. You're more likely to use a toll road if you live in the outer suburbs, in turn because you can't afford the crazy real estate prices or rents closer to the city.

I also get that public transport is an option, but some commutes are not public-transport-friendly. And why should someone on a modest income be punished more severely for making the same choice (to use the car) as a high-income-earner who lives close enough to the city so they don't use a toll road?

And don't even get me started on the idea that the toll rights should be sold to some private consortium, taking money from ordinary families to billionaires' pockets. Bugger off.

I thought I was the only one who still loved picking up a cheap box set from JB!

I can't deal with streaming services, I find the choice overwhelming. An on sale dvd set works much better for me.

The last time I bought a DVD at JB Hi Fi was the Extras series back in Xmas 2006 for my sister, one of those gifts I bought for myself too.

That was around the last time I bought a CD too, I'm surprised that people still buy them with so much stuff available via streaming now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With streaming services removing their own original content for tax purposes and digital copies not really being something you actually can own it's pretty bad that physical media is going away

The last time I bought a DVD at JB Hi Fi was the Extras series back in Xmas 2006 for my sister, one of those gifts I bought for myself too.

That was around the last time I bought a CD too, I'm surprised that people still buy them with so much stuff available via streaming now.
Occasionally I still purchase things, and I dont have streaming and I dont want it.

IIRC the last CD I bought was the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood soundtrack.
DVDs- I think maybe some horror movies. Like Saw I and II, The Ring.

And don't even get me started on the idea that the toll rights should be sold to some private consortium, taking money from ordinary families to billionaires' pockets. Bugger off.

Major culture shock coming to Melbourne in 2000 and discovering Citylink.

It wasn't so much paying for the faster trip, it was the government changing main roads to basically force people to use it, and the police enforcing toll invoices issued by a private company who had been given an inflation-proof licence to print money.

Been in Victoria long enough now that I'm used to the way things operate down here.

Occasionally I still purchase things, and I dont have streaming and I dont want it.

IIRC the last CD I bought was the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood soundtrack.
DVDs- I think maybe some horror movies. Like Saw I and II, The Ring.

I was never into buying DVDs even back when they were popular, I didn't like any tv shows or movies enough to buy copies of them.

Seinfeld is my favourite tv show but why buy DVD copies of it when it just gets repeated constantly now on the digital channels here.

I bought a heap of CDs though, I had enough to fill two of those CD towers with them, they were my pride and joy but now sit in storage.

There is no need to buy new CDs now or have old CDs when you can just listen to any album you want on youtube or other online platforms.

I don't even have a DVD player or a CD player now so there is no point in buying them or holding on to them.

At least with books you can still read them, you don't need some out of date piece of technology to get some use out of them.

Not that I read many books these days either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back