Things That s**t Me (Video Game edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

FIFA/World Cup games always anger me one way or another. Especially defending.

This morning in Brazil 2014 on PS3, it's 1-1 in stoppage time. I pass it to my keeper, then I go to pass to one of my defenders, who watches the ball go straight past him, opposition player gets it and goals. I lost.

Few games later, opposition has a free kick. The header is mistimed and my player closes in on the ball before it gets to the line. I go to gather possession of the ball first before clearing it, but my keeper decides to run straight at me to go for the ball. As I turn around to clear it, my keeper runs straight into the ball and knocks it into my own net, under zero pressure.

A tip for people, never play as Honduras in Brazil 2014 as they are sacks of s**t.

I've mentioned this briefly in another thread but just wanted to have a mini-rant. So I bought Pokemon Pearl Pre-Owned off EB games online. Comes in a default EB cover, I didn't mind at first. Played it today, seems to work fine then after a couple of hours it continuously freezes. Look at the cartridge and do some googling, it's a fake. Back of the cartridge matches the fakes you see on the web with the different spacing and the different serial number. The front also has NTR-APAE-USA on the front (meaning it would be an american game if legit) which isn't a problem in isolation but alarm bells should be ringing when combined with the other factors. Seriously EB, I know you guys don't exactly have the time to consult the internet to see whether it's a fake but no case, USA cartridge, different serial number with a cartridge that many people know there are fakes circulating around the internet. Get your act together EB.

Sorry Glenno23

Sorry for what?

Was being facetious there.

Take it back and get a refund or an exchange. Some things slip through the cracks, thats what the 12 month warranty is there for :thumbsu:

Will do tomorrow. Just wanted to get it off my chest. I'm a little disappointed considering that I can't get a new copy of this game so it's either roll the dice again with another pre-owned copy or don't buy it.

I hate how EA Sports tries to justify the "old gen" versions of its games after moving onto next gen, despite the old gen versions barely getting more than a touchup each year (less so than usual EA Sports).

For NHL 15 they actually tried to advertise as a positive that the PS3 and 360 versions were getting the NHL 94 classic mode and Winter Classic stadiums (not the latest one though) and the next gen weren't. Thing is, those things have been in the game for years...

It's brilliant logic. Take a couple of features out of the better version of the game, and then use as a sales pitch for the worse version the fact that it still has those features!

Just to follow up on the whole fake Pokemon Pearl EB Games post, I went to return it today. Lady didn't believe it was a fake because "it was the same colour cartridge as the original".

picard-facepalm2.jpg

Either way she had another copy of the game which she exchanged it for. Had a look at the new cartridge, it's real and there is a noticeable difference if you know what to look for.

Just to follow up on the whole fake Pokemon Pearl EB Games post, I went to return it today. Lady didn't believe it was a fake because "it was the same colour cartridge as the original".

picard-facepalm2.jpg

Either way she had another copy of the game which she exchanged it for. Had a look at the new cartridge, it's real and there is a noticeable difference if you know what to look for.

You should have educated her.

You should have educated her.

She was probably too busy asking him if he wanted scratch protection, a strategy guide, to pre order some game he doesn't want or asking him if he had any iPhones, iPads or Casio pocket calculators to trade in.

* me EB is an unbearable place to buy games. I always feel somewhat assaulted after I leave that place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She was probably too busy asking him if he wanted scratch protection, a strategy guide, to pre order some game he doesn't want or asking him if he had any iPhones, iPads or Casio pocket calculators to trade in.

**** me EB is an unbearable place to buy games. I always feel somewhat assaulted after I leave that place.

They sell games at EB?

**** me EB is an unbearable place to buy games. I always feel somewhat assaulted after I leave that place.
When a companies core product gives them no profit that have to resort to other things to survive. *shrugs* They're just doing their job.

When a companies core product gives them no profit that have to resort to other things to survive. *shrugs* They're just doing their job.

Well... Yeah... I don't think they go deliberately out of their way to piss customers off.

Just think they need to do a better job of reading the play and working out which customers are susceptible to the suggested sell and which ones know what they're doing and just want to buy the game they came for and then get the hell out of there.

Well... Yeah... I don't think they go deliberately out of their way to piss customers off.

Just think they need to do a better job of reading the play and working out which customers are susceptible to the suggested sell and which ones know what they're doing and just want to buy the game they came for and then get the hell out of there.
Yeah that's fair. But from the staff members perspective if they're not seen to be up selling if their manager is listening in than they might as well have a self check out like Coles... and that would be really sad.

I usually get scratch protection :oops: But with that said it's usually only a dollar or two on the sorts of games I buy anyway so why not.

I rarely buy hard copy games these days, but I'll never understand why people shop at EB. Plenty of cheaper options.

I mostly go there for pre-owned games or the occasional half-decent sale. You're on the money though, not sure how they make money with their overpriced new release games.

Return policy, probably. 'Buy', play, return.
Pretty much, coupled with price matching it's a good place to buy a game you're not 100% sure of.

Made the mistake of going shopping after beer o'clock on a payday the other month. Bought UFC from the local EB. Thought I was a high roller being flush with cash, and wanted to impress the goodlooking sales clerk by not price matching. She didn't seem especially impressed though, probably just thought I was a mark for paying $20 more than necessary. She was even less impressed when I ****ed up using the EFTPOS maching three times in a row and had to get her to put the card in properly. I tried not to breathe beer breath in her direction. Was a bit embarrassing.

Mind you, when she broke the awkward silence with the old scratch protection and pre-orders spiel I'd never been happier to hear it.

Took UFC back the next day, citing poor controls and exchanged it for Mario Go-Kart and some store credit. Had a few jokes jokes lined up about how I'd worked out how to use EFTPOS now but she didn't even remember me which was a blow to the ego. Went home and ate a nando's half chicken and chips and didn't cry.

Pretty much, coupled with price matching it's a good place to buy a game you're not 100% sure of.

Made the mistake of going shopping after beer o'clock on a payday the other month. Bought UFC from the local EB. Thought I was a high roller being flush with cash, and wanted to impress the goodlooking sales clerk by not price matching. She didn't seem especially impressed though, probably just thought I was a mark for paying $20 more than necessary. She was even less impressed when I ****** up using the EFTPOS maching three times in a row and had to get her to put the card in properly. I tried not to breathe beer breath in her direction. Was a bit embarrassing.

Mind you, when she broke the awkward silence with the old scratch protection and pre-orders spiel I'd never been happier to hear it.

Took UFC back the next day, citing poor controls and exchanged it for Mario Go-Kart and some store credit. Had a few jokes jokes lined up about how I'd worked out how to use EFTPOS now but she didn't even remember me which was a blow to the ego. Went home and ate a nando's half chicken and chips and didn't cry.
That's a bigger lie than North Melbourne's performance against Carlton.

Or ... y'know ... your team.

Made the mistake of going shopping after beer o'clock on a payday the other month. Bought UFC from the local EB. Thought I was a high roller being flush with cash, and wanted to impress the goodlooking sales clerk by not price matching. She didn't seem especially impressed though, probably just thought I was a mark for paying $20 more than necessary. She was even less impressed when I ****** up using the EFTPOS maching three times in a row and had to get her to put the card in properly. I tried not to breathe beer breath in her direction. Was a bit embarrassing.

That is bloody smooth man.

I'd imagine chicks working at EB would get deal with many pickup attempts though. That's why they get paid the big bucks I guess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back