Thoughts on having a 'Cat Army' march to specific big matches...

Remove this Banner Ad

They did it last year didn't they?

Is this what your talking about?
Looks like it started at Westfield.

417890-51b2d214-c21d-11e3-81e7-066fcb204593.jpg

Looking from afar don't think we're into that ?
Some say we might be like the melb supporters but aloooot more successful but idk just gotta be more vocal alllll around. I ve sat in the Brownlow stand when we beat the saints in classic that sunday game after the gr8 edihad match, and I've sat in the same seats when buddha took out harvey...not sure of the result but gary hocking is god

Excuse my ignorance, but... CatMan, Mayor (Darren Lyon?), and who's the third?
Hahaha I want to know as well, the first 2 are blatently obvious aren't they

It would be great to create a more 'hostile' atmosphere and a united feel from our supporters participating in 'Cat Army' marches...
Are you suggesting something in addition to the cheersquad? Or is this related to Steve Hocking's desire for all Geelong fans to be more vocal, á la Freo fans?
Sadly the Geelong ChSq lacks originality + it is torn apart by factions. The only cheer I can remember from them is that "*insert player's name*, Oi, Oi, Oi!". Then you have Catman screeching at the players + calling them **nts, especially Lonergan, which is far from kiddie friendly. Although he is fantastic with kids + kicks the ball around with them at half time.

I have no desire to have Geelong fans be like Freo fans! Or is the problem that we can't hear our ChSq because they are not behind the goals at KP?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just imagine the crowd singing to this, kardinia park would go off

Or

Here is the compilation -

Now everyone must learn the lyrics -

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Soft kitty, warm kitty
Little ball of fur.

Happy kitty, sleepy kitty
Purr, purr, purr.

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Are you suggesting something in addition to the cheersquad? Or is this related to Steve Hocking's desire for all Geelong fans to be more vocal, á la Freo fans?
Sadly the Geelong ChSq lacks originality + it is torn apart by factions. The only cheer I can remember from them is that "*insert player's name*, Oi, Oi, Oi!". Then you have Catman screeching at the players + calling them **nts, especially Lonergan, which is far from kiddie friendly. Although he is fantastic with kids + kicks the ball around with them at half time.

I have no desire to have Geelong fans be like Freo fans! Or is the problem that we can't hear our ChSq because they are not behind the goals at KP?

The suggestion of a March was directed at all cat fans. The intent was to create a united and more vocal presence. I definitely agree with Steve Hocking's desire for all Geelong fans to be more vocal. I'm sure our Nakia Cockatoo is about to set the crowd alight! We might need ear muffs anytime he goes near it!

Doesn't have to be something out of control, but we do need something instead of having everyone Rock up, sit there and watch with no atmosphere. Cheerleaders could work for a HT thing, pre game maybe get a band going or something.
I could be wrong as I haven't been to KP for a while, but maybe the combination of the opponents who travel there plus our game style on occasion that has led to this lack of atmosphere in the very recent times? For instance there's something about walking to the MCG when we're about to play Collingwood, Hawthorn etc that gets the whole area buzzing. Even v the Bombers or Carlton at Etihad. Freo are the only ones who come to mind who might regularly play at KP where we have a bit of a serious top of the table rivalry going on.

There's the odd game down there where we also seem to go through the motions a little bit, just do enough to win without too many highlights. Contrast that with Port who are able to host some of the best teams - in the space of 4 rounds last year at Adelaide Oval they hosted Geelong, Fremantle & Hawthorn and won them all. Without seeing them every week they do seem to play an exhilarating style, whereas we haven't been quite as 'watchable' every week as we once were in the last couple of years.

If we could get Hawthorn to come down there.....maybe we'd be a little less laid back in the crowd, and the atmosphere problem would be solved.

I could be wrong as I haven't been to KP for a while, but maybe the combination of the opponents who travel there plus our game style on occasion that has led to this lack of atmosphere in the very recent times? For instance there's something about walking to the MCG when we're about to play Collingwood, Hawthorn etc that gets the whole area buzzing. Even v the Bombers or Carlton at Etihad. Freo are the only ones who come to mind who might regularly play at KP where we have a bit of a serious top of the table rivalry going on.

Funnily enough, my father-in-law told me the crowd at the Fremantle game last year was the loudest he can remember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back