Tiger Woods 12 - MASTERS!

Remove this Banner Ad

im just about to sit down and give it a go, looking forward to it as i love! my golf

and having played royal melbourne a dozen or so times(east/west never composite) im really keen to see how it looks

Got the Collectors Edition delivered today, only has 5 more courses, but hey, that's 5 I won't need to download, so for an extra 10 bucks online, it was worth it.

Played a round at Augusta and Royal Melbourne, both courses seem pretty accurate, even little hollows and valleys at RM seem to be there.:thumbsu:

Just started the "road to the masters" career mode, only into my 3rd event, and for the life of me I can't putt to save myself (got it set on the 2nd highest level).

Will need some more practice, but so far so good, it's not so easy that it's not a challenge, yet it's not too hard that it's frustrating.:thumbsu:

yup, i cant putt either, i either leave it way too short or smash it past the hole, difficult to get a feel for it with a ps3 analog stick

yup, i cant putt either, i either leave it way too short or smash it past the hole, difficult to get a feel for it with a ps3 analog stick
I went back to the old 3 click system, and my game has improved out of sight.

I was missing all sorts of gimme puts with the stick, now I sink them all.:D

had a good solid play this morning and i can't recommend people buying it

the analog swing system is alright off the tee but often for unknown reasons it will only swing at 80-90% even when making a full swing which results in you not been able to carry a hazard and when playing mid/short irons its very difficult to make a swing of lower than 100% when required thus over shooting the green frequently
on the green the analog system is diabolical, making a smooth swing is bloody difficult and a putt even slightly overstuck will race past the pin often by a good 6-8 feet, this is made even more difficult even you have fast greens or a difficult pin position, ive made many 5 putts on greens which is bloody frustrating

the 3 click system has it issues too, first of all it feels like i am playing ms golf from 15 years ago but most of all the problem is the difficult of making a swing without snap hooking/slicing on swings around 100%, sure it makes putting easier but as you have often played 4-5 strokes by the time you get on the green its rather pointless

had a good solid play this morning and i can't recommend people buying it

the analog swing system is alright off the tee but often for unknown reasons it will only swing at 80-90% even when making a full swing which results in you not been able to carry a hazard and when playing mid/short irons its very difficult to make a swing of lower than 100% when required thus over shooting the green frequently
on the green the analog system is diabolical, making a smooth swing is bloody difficult and a putt even slightly overstuck will race past the pin often by a good 6-8 feet, this is made even more difficult even you have fast greens or a difficult pin position, ive made many 5 putts on greens which is bloody frustrating

the 3 click system has it issues too, first of all it feels like i am playing ms golf from 15 years ago but most of all the problem is the difficult of making a swing without snap hooking/slicing on swings around 100%, sure it makes putting easier but as you have often played 4-5 strokes by the time you get on the green its rather pointless
Fair bit of user error going on i reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the "frustrating" part is actually an advantage, especially for a video game.

Let's face it, in the past, you picked up TW and you were shooting under par within 24 hours.

Now it's a lot harder, especially if you set it on one of the 2 highest difficulty levels, it actually is a test of both patience and practice to get better at the game.

I am using the 3 click system, the analog system is almost unplayable, especially off the tee, but with the 3 click system I hit the fairway more often then not, but still slice my approach shots every now and then.

I think this game will take a while to get used to it, but I like what I have seen so far, it's not easy, which to me is a good thing, too many games these days are "clocked" within 2-3 days, which even with online prices is so annoying, because all you are left with is the online play, which in some games is terrible, in others very good.

Still improving, will be interesting to see what I'm like in a week or so.:)

ive been reading that this game is awesome with Move, so im gonna go buy one now, will let you know how it goes

just on the analogue control, i can confirm that the xbox version at least is fine, pretty much the same as tw11 - ie you ought to be hitting at around 97-98% on a typical drive. surprised to read that there is any discrepancy between versions which you'd think would be largely the same, seems strange.

i am enjoying the game so far, some thoughts

+career mode is structured well, big improvement over tw11
+losing those obnoxious commentators and replacing them with proper ones makes a big difference
*the actual golf is pretty similar to what it was last year which i am happy about.
*looks good, while not a technical masterpiece it still has a nice style, golf courses are nice and lush to look at.
-wish the menus were a little more intuitive. little things, like trying to quickly restart a challenge you are on the cusp of failing for instance, take a little longer than i would like. obviously not a big deal.

-don't like the caddy. feels very intrusive. takes too much attention away from my golfer. worst part is how even when you disable him and turn his sound down to 0%, he is still there, occasionally popping up in front of your camera. he will either disappear after half a second or just stand there flicking through his notebook. sometimes i will be on the green while the camera is low, and he will stand with his tan pants wearing ass will be right in the middle of the frame. he will then kneel down, before wandering off. frustrating when a) you ****ing hate him and wish he wasn't there, and b) you've just missed a gimmie putt and want nothing more than to get on with sinking the ball and moving on. ludicrous.

it is also a little annoying how his tips never seem to disappear even after he has been disabled. sometimes i will be lining up what i think is a good shot, only to see at the bottom of the screen that he has recommended something completely different. i realise that i am making a mistake and adjust accordingly. feels like i am playing with a tutorial that i cannot turn off. don't like how i have to disable him at the start of every ****ing game either, not sure why i can't just turn him off completely in the options.

if anyone has read that book jpod, he reminds me a bit of jeff the turtle. i wish he would make like a **** and **** off, boring unlikable piece of s**t that he is, talking over the menus and all.

good game apart from the caddy though.

ive been reading that this game is awesome with Move, so im gonna go buy one now, will let you know how it goes

that'd be great, I want to get the move for this game, but I heard It was a massive flop in the last TW game, which is why I'm still hesitant in getting it.

that'd be great, I want to get the move for this game, but I heard It was a massive flop in the last TW game, which is why I'm still hesitant in getting it.
The developers have already said they've improved it significantly in the year since the last, so if you're interested in it then it will be worth the investment.

Whats the verdict on this one? Worth it? I think the last one I have is 08 (ish) which I played to death.

Need to decide between this and The Show '11 - Along with SR2 and AFL I'm not going to have time to play them all :eek:

If you are deciding between this and "The Show 11", GET THE SHOW.

This game isn't bad by all means, it just has a lot of annoying little extras that just diminish the enjoyment of playing the game.

Until they add a patch allowing you to completely remove the Caddie from a round of golf (at the moment he pops up randomly even after you turn him off), the game will not be "great".

I playedthe Show 10, and it was the best sports game I have played, bar none, and the Show 11 is supposed to be an improvement on that even.

If you are deciding between this and "The Show 11", GET THE SHOW.

This game isn't bad by all means, it just has a lot of annoying little extras that just diminish the enjoyment of playing the game.

Until they add a patch allowing you to completely remove the Caddie from a round of golf (at the moment he pops up randomly even after you turn him off), the game will not be "great".

I playedthe Show 10, and it was the best sports game I have played, bar none, and the Show 11 is supposed to be an improvement on that even.

I actually don't mind the caddy.

The graphics are much improved over previous versions also. Playing Augusta is ....awesome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back