Computers & Internet Tinder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people use Tinder to find a relationship to be honest.

I used Tinder to meet people full stop. It's like if you go to a bar or are in a class at uni or a social club, you don't go looking for a relationship you go looking to meet people. You may make a friend, a close friend, a * buddy, a girlfriend, whatever. Don't see why you need to have pre-conceived notions.

Also it's particularly good when you are new in a town or particularly in a foreign country with a foreign language that you are not fluent in.

Kumbaya. Not gonna happen. You can't see someone you're not attracted to physically, it's just not going to work. Maybe if I was 35 and looking for someone to settle down with, then I'd start to emphasise personality, but when you're 20, who's really going to sleep with an ugly girl with an alright personality? Plus there's plenty of cute girls who are great to hang around with.

If you think they're ugly then fine don't * them... but if they're normal looking and you're really just being fussy then what exactly else are you doing in your free time instead so that's so much better?

If you think they're ugly then fine don't **** them... but if they're normal looking and you're really just being fussy then what exactly else are you doing in your free time instead so that's so much better?
I didn't say anything about average looking people? But I'd rather spend my time with a challenge, most 5s tend to come when they do they hard work and all you have to say is "sure, what's the plan?"

If you think they're ugly then fine don't **** them... but if they're normal looking and you're really just being fussy then what exactly else are you doing in your free time instead so that's so much better?

Debating it on BigFooty.

Yeah but perhaps you're shopping outside your price range too? No point wanting to eat at Fat Duck if you've only got enough to eat at La Porchetta. It's easy to swing past a picture of someone and call them ugly when they're really not bad. Guys have such unrealistic expectations with online dating.
Gotta slay your share of dragons to reach the princess..

This reminds me of Eagles 94 Premiership player David Hart. Went out with the boys one night and they had a "dog fight" Harty wins the dogfight (by nailing th fugliest woman) long story short, he ends up marrying said woman.
Beautiful story! This kind of romance brings a tear to the eye.

Personally I think guys are much less selective with girls on Tinder, its more a case of swiping right all the time and then evaluating your matches later. Whereas women are a little more selective, they like to check out all the photos and what was put in the bio etc. and then make a decision. Thats not to say there'll be guys and girls that don't conform to what i just said but from my experience thats how it is.

I swear I'm the only guy that used to do the whole scroll through the pictures and read the bio thing. Not on tinder anymore but glad I did it that way, any girl without a bio pretty much got a left-swipe straight away from me (barring being extremely hot). So many of the same old same old on tinder, I found the better girls had a way with words and tended to be more fun. As others have said, being hot and fun are not mutually exclusive but to be honest I'd rather spend my time with a fun, average looking girl than a hot dull girl. Reading through bios helped with that IMO (most of them were pretty average anyway to be honest).

I didn't say anything about average looking people? But I'd rather spend my time with a challenge, most 5s tend to come when they do they hard work and all you have to say is "sure, what's the plan?"

Depends on how define a 'challenge' though. Like above, is someone that's being a little standoffish but super hot a 'challenge' or just a monumentally dull person? It's pretty hard to say without meeting the girls in person. I've seen mates trawl through the most boring conversations with really good-looking girls but all they could manage to talk about were uni, crappy menial retail job and drinking on the weekend.

any girl without a bio pretty much got a left-swipe straight away from me (barring being extremely hot).

How does that work? Sounds like a bit of an each way bet.

If you're 6/10 or below you have to shine in 160 characters or less, but if you are a 9 you get an automatic yes swipe just for being hot?

If it was me I'd pick nothing over another Marylin Monroe quote even if she is a 10/10. What's the quote, 'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So first level not to be swiping right on anything that isn't a hard pass straight up and saving the evaluation for the people you actually match with.

Let's be honest - how does having a really hot girlfriend makes things practically better for you? Sure, the sex is probably a bit better, and she's fun to look at, but that's about where it ends for a relationship. If she's not fun and interesting to be around, it's going to get tiresome pretty quickly. And it's the people that don't recognise this and continue to hang around in relationships that are based on looks that end up having the worst time.

You're either very wise or not very attractive. But yeh.

If Tinder has taught me anything it's to not fall into that trap. The first girl I ever dated from the app was a legitimate 9/10 but had zero personality, no sense of humour, and no social skills to the point where it was actually cringeworthy watching her converse with cafe staff and anybody else she'd come into contact with. Despite her attractive outward appearance she was so ugly inside.

The last chick I dated was a 7/10 but was easy to like, had a pretty cool self-deprecating sense of humour and had the right amount of self-awareness and confidence which made her endearing. I don't think it's going to work out (we're just too similar in all the wrong ways and her love of crystal meth is kind of troubling) but we hooked up and otherwise had a great time. If we didn't live so far away we'd probably date more.

I got matched with a chick in the next suburb over though last week and we've made tentative arrangements to meet up.

So first level not to be swiping right on anything that isn't a hard pass straight up and saving the evaluation for the people you actually match with.

You hear me you ******* ******s?
A. S. R.

e42ix.jpg

(Link because Chief is letting the punters down
)

You're either very wise or not very attractive. But yeh.
Haha, I'm neither, and more superficial than I'm making out, but trying hard to become more like what I preach. It's not easy though.

If Tinder has taught me anything it's to not fall into that trap. The first girl I ever dated from the app was a legitimate 9/10 but had zero personality, no sense of humour, and no social skills to the point where it was actually cringeworthy watching her converse with cafe staff and anybody else she'd come into contact with. Despite her attractive outward appearance she was so ugly inside.

The last chick I dated was a 7/10 but was easy to like, had a pretty cool self-deprecating sense of humour and had the right amount of self-awareness and confidence which made her endearing. I don't think it's going to work out (we're just too similar in all the wrong ways and her love of crystal meth is kind of troubling) but we hooked up and otherwise had a great time. If we didn't live so far away we'd probably date more.

I got matched with a chick in the next suburb over though last week and we've made tentative arrangements to meet up.

Yeah that's spot on... bad luck about the location thing. There's nothing to love about crystal meth except Breaking Bad. I've got my first tinder date coming up as well... if nothing else, I reckon it gives you great practice for the whole 'dating' thing.

Tinder in Perth... something else. It makes you a bit self-conscious having more mutuals more often, but having a fresh palette and the different look of girls makes it very interesting.

I've lived with three meth addicts, two current users and one former user. All were ******* assholes when they were unhappy. Addiction to that stuff permanently *s up the brain.

* her a few more times and change your phone number.

Tinder in Perth... something else. It makes you a bit self-conscious having more mutuals more often, but having a fresh palette and the different look of girls makes it very interesting.
Not sure if you've noticed but lately there seems to be more and more prostitutes in there...

What's tinder like in Albany? Must be a little strange going back to a small place where you grew up knowing everyone within 5 years of you and finding out who is dtf

If you're 6/10 or below you have to shine in 160 characters or less, but if you are a 9 you get an automatic yes swipe just for being hot?

If it was me I'd pick nothing over another Marylin Monroe quote even if she is a 10/10. What's the quote, 'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt'?

I guess it was in the end. They didn't necessarily have to shine but put it this way, you come across many average-looking girls (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way, literally in the mathematical way of 'average') on Tinder so they need a way to stand out. Not even making effort to display some sort of personality combined with the standard selfie and drinking pictures just got to be more of the same old same old. Smoking hot girls had the advantage of well being hot, I guess it was my penis and not my brain swiping right on these occasions.

Definitely agree on the Marilyn Monroe quotes also, that was almost worthy of an instant left swipe straight away also.

"But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

Automatic left swipe.

What's tinder like in Albany? Must be a little strange going back to a small place where you grew up knowing everyone within 5 years of you and finding out who is dtf
I'm out of there mate, couldn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back