Competitions Todd Goldstein Brownlow Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you give him votes ?

Many in the votes thread didn't.

That is just one reason why I don't contribute to the votes thread. It's an idiotic system that assumes 3 votes on a 20 goal loss is worth as much as 3 votes in a 20 goal win. And read a few threads and you'll agree that democracy just doesn't work.

I think the media hype will help Goldstein get more votes than ruckman usually do, however he won't poll well enough to win it or even be in the hunt, with or without Fyfe.

It's stupid, but he won't get recognised for his ruck work, I honestly believe there will be a bit of value for someone like Higgins in the North team market when the count rolls around!

How much weight would Goldstein's hitouts carry when it comes to the umpires awarding the votes at the end of the game? Seems to me like the umpire would be more concerned with getting out of the way after he balls it up instead of seeing who wins the hitout.

How much weight would that video footage be where Goldstein shakes Lewis's hand after Lewis clocks him in the Hawthorn game earlier in the season.

He was obviously not impressed With Lewis , but was man enough to look him in the eye and shake his hand. I thought it was a significant moment, one that many umpires that watch football shows would have noticed.

Now that Firrito is out of Brownlow calculations *(o)* due to his one week suspension, how's about he does us all a favour and spends the week off figuring out how he's going to aggravate Fyfe so much in our upcoming game that he clocks him leaving Goldstein (and our bank accounts) to reap all the benefits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm of the opinion that Goldstein will most likely poll 15 or less votes on the night, Champion Data's Brownlow prediction only have him on 10 so far. The fact that it's somewhat a break out year for him will harm his chances of polling; umpires generally recognise players that had their so called break out year the season before. He also suffers from the fact that despite his massive influence on games, he usually doesn't register massive possessions and for better or worse the umpires generally give votes to the players that get the most footy.

My advice to anyone that has the option to cash out now on a Goldy Brownlow bet for a serious profit is to do so. Better to have the guaranteed money now than the possibility of more money on Brownlow night.

I'm of the opinion that Goldstein will most likely poll 15 or less votes on the night, Champion Data's Brownlow prediction only have him on 10 so far. The fact that it's somewhat a break out year for him will harm his chances of polling; umpires generally recognise players that had their so called break out year the season before. He also suffers from the fact that despite his massive influence on games, he usually doesn't register massive possessions and for better or worse the umpires generally give votes to the players that get the most footy.

My advice to anyone that has the option to cash out now on a Goldy Brownlow bet for a serious profit is to do so. Better to have the guaranteed money now than the possibility of more money on Brownlow night.

Agree very much - Goldy a bit like Robbie Gray last year in that people outside North have really only cottoned on to just how good he is late in the year. Gray went into the count as a favourite as a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon when they worked it out but he only wound up with 14 votes - five of them in the last two rounds.

Umpires are only human and still heavily hit up by the media hype, so don't be surprised at all if they pay a lot more attention to Goldy in the second half of this year and next year than they did in the first half of this year. Should still get plenty of votes and be the North leader, but realistically, he's only a very outside chance.

I wouldn't be surprised for example to see Gray poll 20+ votes this year despite arguably having the better season last year, and for Goldy to follow a simillar trajectory in 2016.

QUOTE ="kangaspurs, post: 40028139, member: 154778"]I'm of the opinion that Goldstein will most likely poll 15 or less votes on the night, Champion Data's Brownlow prediction only have him on 10 so far. The fact that it's somewhat a break out year for him will harm his chances of polling; umpires generally recognise players that had their so called break out year the season before. He also suffers from the fact that despite his massive influence on games, he usually doesn't register massive possessions and for better or worse the umpires jfd generally give votes to the players that get the most footy.
I
My advice to anyone thatk has the option to cash out now on a Goldy v Bub ebb bbbb bet h for a serious profit is to do so. Better to have the guaranteed mon ey now than the possibility of more money on Brownlow night.[ QUOTE ]

But why would you cash out now? The last three weeks they are offering more and more.

I will likely pull the pin on it, but I can't see his odds going out if he stays healthy and doesn't get suspended.

If anything he is in the form that will mean his odds continue to come in. Which only increases the return.

I've got him on 20 votes personally, with Fyfe currently on 25 and Hannebery on 24

Goldy:
Round 1 vs Adelaide - no votes
Round 2 vs Brisbane - 3 votes
Round 3 vs Port - no votes
Round 4 vs Geelong - 3 votes
Round 5 vs Hawthorn - no votes
Round 6 vs Richmond - no votes
Round 7 vs Essendon - no votes
Round 8 vs Fremantle - no votes
Round 9 vs Collingwood - 3 votes
Round 10 vs West Coast - no votes
Round 11 vs Sydney - 1 vote
Round 12 vs GWS - 3 votes
Round 13 - bye
Round 14 vs Gold Coast - no votes
Round 15 vs Geelong - 3 votes
Round 16 vs Essendon - 3 votes
Round 17 vs Brisbane - no votes
Round 18 vs Carlton - 1 vote

I've got him on 20 votes personally, with Fyfe currently on 25 and Hannebery on 24

Goldy:
Round 1 vs Adelaide - no votes
Round 2 vs Brisbane - 3 votes
Round 3 vs Port - no votes
Round 4 vs Geelong - 3 votes
Round 5 vs Hawthorn - no votes
Round 6 vs Richmond - no votes
Round 7 vs Essendon - no votes
Round 8 vs Fremantle - no votes
Round 9 vs Collingwood - 3 votes
Round 10 vs West Coast - no votes
Round 11 vs Sydney - 1 vote
Round 12 vs GWS - 3 votes
Round 13 - bye
Round 14 vs Gold Coast - no votes
Round 15 vs Geelong - 3 votes
Round 16 vs Essendon - 3 votes
Round 17 vs Brisbane - no votes
Round 18 vs Carlton - 1 vote
Agree with most of this but I bet you they will give Waite 3 votes in round 2 just for his 7 goals and they will definitely give Elliot 3 votes in the Collingwood game. Actually I will be surprised if Goldy gets any votes in the Collingwood game even though he was clearly in the best 3. Fingers crossed they give him 2 votes at least against Carlton.

I feel this is very similar to Robbie Grey last year having an awesome second half of the year and the media going nuts about him winning, only for proven vote winners like Boak stealing votes from him and not even coming close. I can see Higgins and Ziebell (remember the media hype for a few weeks about him) taking votes away from Goldy. Would be super happy with a top 3 finish though.

For what it's worth I feel like Fyfe needs to get a few more votes otherwise it could be Hanners/Priddis sneaking through

I feel this is very similar to Robbie Grey last year having an awesome second half of the year and the media going nuts about him winning, only for proven vote winners like Boak stealing votes from him and not even coming close. I can see Higgins and Ziebell (remember the media hype for a few weeks about him) taking votes away from Goldy. Would be super happy with a top 3 finish though.

For what it's worth I feel like Fyfe needs to get a few more votes otherwise it could be Hanners/Priddis sneaking through

I agree in general except that Goldy had an awesome first half and so far a very good second half. Hopefully the first was enough to get some votes and the required attention that the second half will benefit from.

Personally I think the umpires tend to be reactive a year behind - but we can live in hope that they'll notice the noses on their faces.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back