Toast Tom Lynch - 2015 Club Champion

Remove this Banner Ad

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So, with 4 games remaining in the season I thought now would be as good as time as any to start making some predictions.

The following are my candidates (just at the top of my head without looking at any stats, articles or anything):

Steven May - In my opinion he has clearly been our best player this year. He has played well consistently all year. Although those 5 or so games that he missed might prove costly. Also, Eade is constantly praising him each week.

Kade Kolodjashnij - This one may not be what everyone else is expecting but he is one of few players who has not a missed a game all year and he's been one of our best players this year too.

Touk Miller - May be the biggest surprise, but he also has not missed a game all year. Has played well in most matches. A few quiet games may cost him but Eade loves this kid, and I certainly won't rule him out.

Tom Lynch - Although he is in white hot form at the moment, he has missed a few games and had a couple of quiet games. However in saying that he is having a slightly better year than last year and probably been our most important player this year.

Charlie Dixon - Like Lynch, he has missed a few games and had a few quiet games. However he is still leading our goalkicking (all be it by just 1 goal ahead of Lynch), and he has won us a couple of games.

Michael Rischitelli - Started the year on fire, but has faded out recently. But he has still played enough good games to be in contention. Captained the majority of games so he might get votes for leadership.

Others who could poll well but most likely won't win include Adam Saad & Tom Nicholls.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. Wouldn't know who the favourite is to be honest (May would be clear favourite imo if he didn't miss a chunck of games), and looks to be an open race.
Also hard to predict cause we have a new coach, so the voting system will probably be different to previous years (I believe last year was each coach being allowed to give votes to an unlimited amount of players). Anyone know the voting system Eade had in place at previous clubs?

This year could be the most interesting one yet.

I'm tipping Rischa to win it, but with Touk close behind!
Yeah Rischa had a great start to the year but hasn't racked up more than 20 disposals in over a month now. Not ruling him out but his form needs to improve if he's gonna win it. I do think he can get 2nd or 3rd though.

The players who are really starting to perform well now were s**t or didn't play at the beginning of the year. Rischa would still be ahead by a mile with the only player remotely close being Touk, who could overtake him depending on how they play in the remaining rounds.

The players who are really starting to perform well now were s**t or didn't play at the beginning of the year. Rischa would still be ahead by a mile with the only player remotely close being Touk, who could overtake him depending on how they play in the remaining rounds.
imagine touk winning.. wonder the last time a rookie won a bnf

Dunno, I think this year it's going down to the wire.

Dude , Rischitelli will win in a canter , they should'nt even do the call , just give it to him. Lynch , KK , Harley and Touk to fight out the placings.

So, with 4 games remaining in the season I thought now would be as good as time as any to start making some predictions.

The following are my candidates (just at the top of my head without looking at any stats, articles or anything):

Steven May - In my opinion he has clearly been our best player this year. He has played well consistently all year. Although those 5 or so games that he missed might prove costly. Also, Eade is constantly praising him each week.

Kade Kolodjashnij - This one may not be what everyone else is expecting but he is one of few players who has not a missed a game all year and he's been one of our best players this year too.

Touk Miller - May be the biggest surprise, but he also has not missed a game all year. Has played well in most matches. A few quiet games may cost him but Eade loves this kid, and I certainly won't rule him out.

Tom Lynch - Although he is in white hot form at the moment, he has missed a few games and had a couple of quiet games. However in saying that he is having a slightly better year than last year and probably been our most important player this year.

Charlie Dixon - Like Lynch, he has missed a few games and had a few quiet games. However he is still leading our goalkicking (all be it by just 1 goal ahead of Lynch), and he has won us a couple of games.

Michael Rischitelli - Started the year on fire, but has faded out recently. But he has still played enough good games to be in contention. Captained the majority of games so he might get votes for leadership.

Others who could poll well but most likely won't win include Adam Saad & Tom Nicholls.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. Wouldn't know who the favourite is to be honest (May would be clear favourite imo if he didn't miss a chunck of games), and looks to be an open race.
Also hard to predict cause we have a new coach, so the voting system will probably be different to previous years (I believe last year was each coach being allowed to give votes to an unlimited amount of players). Anyone know the voting system Eade had in place at previous clubs?

This year could be the most interesting one yet.

Rischa should win easily given his performance and more importantly his leadership - has played all games but one.
Next is a toss up between Kade K and Touk Millar - both have played all games - young stars of the future.
Next Steven May - has missed a few games but is irreplaceable to us ( hope he gets All Australian).
My thoughts anyway.....

AuTo00Z re: the voting system, i doubt they would change it because we've got a new coach. other established clubs wouldn't change the system they've had for decades because of a new coach, i think it'll stay the same.

here's how the voting system is:

Gold Coast SUNS Club Champion Voting System The Gold Coast SUNS match committee, comprising of the senior coach and three assistant coaches can award votes to an unlimited number of players per match. A player can receive a maximum of five votes, from each individual member of the match committee, therefore the maximum number of votes a player can receive per round totals 20.

based on that, i reckon the top six will be rischa, lynch, miller, kk, may and saad. not sure of the order though, but i'd say they've been our best performers throughout the year. rischa had a good start to the season. lynch has come towards the later parts of the season, whilst still performing alright earlier on. kk had a purple patch during the middle of the season, but has played pretty well all year. may has been great all year, but has missed a few games, same with saad. could be pretty close i reckon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I strongly believe that Steven May has clearly been our best player this year. Honestly think the only thing stopping him is not enough games. 3rd for one percenters in the comp and (1st for average). Don't know why he's not in the leadership group to be honest. Both Kade Kolodjashnij & Sean Lemmens said last year he was like the captain of the backline.

Touk Miller will win

I say this because this thread needs diversity

I'd like Touk to win but he's only played like 1 or 2 bog level games. Every other game he has pretty much played well without being outstanding. He will probably poll a few votes a game, as opposed to someone like Rischa who will consistently poll massive votes (at least for the first half of the year).

Hope you don't mind an outsider's opinion.
Have an interest in GC, watch every game.
Kade Kolo would be my tip. Gun.
Would love him to join his brother who has finally been let out of the cattery playpen.

Hope you don't mind an outsider's opinion.
Have an interest in GC, watch every game.
Kade Kolo would be my tip. Gun.
Would love him to join his brother who has finally been let out of the cattery playpen.
You're welcome to post here as often as you like!

I think you'll find most of us would prefer Jake to join Kade up here though :p

Last edited:
You're welcoming to post here as often as you like!

I think you'll find most of us would prefer Jake to join Kade up here though :p
They are very Special K's indeed.
I'll settle for ours; very anxious that he hasn't signed yet....

Is Jake Kolo the defender Eade is talking about to sure up the backline this trades period? I presume he means a mature player but maybe he could go down the youth path?
6un.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back