Toast Tom Lynch - 2015 Club Champion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd assume so, yes.
I'd like to have confirmation, but thanks anyway. They usually explain the voting system at the start (even if the voting system is exactly the same as last time). It's hard being a interstate suns supporter...

what makes you think they would change it?
Change of coach. Different coaches value different aspects of the game and all have their own opinion on how the voting system should work. I've seen voting systems change at other clubs with new coaches too. For example, Ross Lyon changed freo's to the one he used at the saints when he became coach. Basically all coaches are different and have their own opinions.

AuTo00Z re: the voting system, i doubt they would change it because we've got a new coach. other established clubs wouldn't change the system they've had for decades because of a new coach, i think it'll stay the same.

here's how the voting system is:

Gold Coast SUNS Club Champion Voting System The Gold Coast SUNS match committee, comprising of the senior coach and three assistant coaches can award votes to an unlimited number of players per match. A player can receive a maximum of five votes, from each individual member of the match committee, therefore the maximum number of votes a player can receive per round totals 20.
AuTo00Z

I replies this to you a while back. I could try tweet the club and ask if it really bothers you that much.

AuTo00Z

I replies this to you a while back. I could try tweet the club and ask if it really bothers you that much.

Nah, don't worry about it. I'm not bothered, just curious. I'll just wait til they update the site. They usually explain in on there.

After rd 14
COniPBcUYAAKPV4.jpg:small

After rd 14
COniPBcUYAAKPV4.jpg:small
That's what I was saying. Rischitelli's form dropped off significantly half way through the year. He had an entire month where he couldn't rack up 20 disposals.

Also, how on earth is Sexton getting so many points? I thought he should've been dropped multiple times this year, but he never did and only went out through injury (not a huge fan of Sexton).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I was saying. Rischitelli's form dropped off significantly half way through the year. He had an entire month where he couldn't rack up 20 disposals.

Also, how on earth is Sexton getting so many points? I thought he should've been dropped multiple times this year, but he never did and only went out through injury (not a huge fan of Sexton).
Sexton probably had roles that we weren't aware of.

Sexton probably had roles that we weren't aware of.
I certainly didn't notice any particular role. He seems to always get a game whenever he's available and never gets dropped. For example he had 4 disposals, 0 tackles, 0 scoreboard impact, 1 one percenter from 91% game time and got a game the next week.

Ok, correction. He did have 1 game where he tagged Gaff, but that was about it. Still don't see how he's got that many votes.

So far 2 blokes who have left us have won 2 awards.. Hrmm
I really hope it was Downie who wanted to leave rather than the club wanting to get rid of him. I know this rarely happens, but sometimes clubs delist rookies and re-draft them (eg. Nahas last year who got delisted from the rookie list and re-drafted onto the rookie list)

He's the closest thing we have to that in-betweener Eade wants, so I reckon he has a bit of bankable currency in the coaches box
He definitely has talent and I can understand why he gets a game, but I just don't think his performance reflects the votes he's getting. And I've seen a few times this year where he hardly did a thing and always seems to get a game no matter how bad he plays. I just hope that all these games he was gifted this year fast-tracks his development and pays off next year.

He definitely has talent and I can understand why he gets a game, but I just don't think his performance reflects the votes he's getting. And I've seen a few times this year where he hardly did a thing and always seems to get a game no matter how bad he plays. I just hope that all these games he was gifted this year fast-tracks his development and pays off next year.
He did a run with tagging roll in just about every game he played avg 11+ possessions a game. Is going to be a very good player with full list around him. Did exactly what Eade asked of him and more he rates him highly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back